Author Topic: I do not care so much about what Trump did in New York  (Read 355 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I do not care so much about what Trump did in New York
« on: June 12, 2021, 08:42:21 AM »
Star Member kentuck (101,880 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215520228

I do not care so much about what Trump did in New York before he entered the White House As much as I care about what he did while in the White House.

It seems to me that any crimes committed while in the White House would take precedence over anything done in the past? As a private citizen, he was representing no one except himself and his brand. As president, he was supposed to be representing all the people of this country.

Therefore, it seems that if any crimes were committed while President, those would be a priority? It is important that they not be put on a back burner while the state legal processes run their course. People will argue that is not being done. However, our eyes and ears tell us otherwise.

What can be done? Could the Justice Department do anything about it if they wanted to? Is there nothing to charge? Do we need even more investigations, after two impeachments?

Is it just a waste of time to mention this? (After all, "Mueller knows more than you do". )

:whatever:

Star Member empedocles (12,457 posts)

1. NY crimes may account for when the putin grip on traitortrump took hold.

putin and treason, may be key to breaking the trump appeal to various trumper subgroups - imo.

Star Member Tanuki (12,807 posts)

3. Crimes are crimes. He needs to be held accountable. His presidency shielded

him from far too much, so I say prosecute whatever can stick. It's like Al Capone being sent away at last for tax evasion, or an aging Hollywood star finally getting an Oscar for an arguably lesser performance after being overlooked for several greater roles. You're glad to see them finally get what they deserved all along!

Star Member gab13by13 (3,647 posts)

5. I have no problem indicting MF45

for crimes he committed while in office. We can challenge whether a sitting president can be indicted and get that decision out of the way.

Don't underestimate what is going on in NY. If the Trump Organization is treated like a mob enterprise under Little Rico statutes, MF45 has plenty to worry about. The NY indictments will cost MF45 a lot of moolah I imagine.

Star Member bearsfootball516 (5,975 posts)

6. They're likely connected.

The crimes he committed in NY for decades before entering the White House likely directly influenced the crimes he committed while in the Oval Office.

Star Member Guilded Lilly (5,282 posts)

8. Take the human stain down however it can be done, YES, but honestly, I am with you...

He was able to (continuing still) destroy the dignity and integrity of the highest office in the country so easily. He must be held severely accountable for that.

His disease has spread too far.
It’s the worst pandemic we face in a year of outrageous threats.

:mental:

edhopper (27,573 posts)

9. The complexity and politcal difficulty

of prosecuting crimes while President make going after him for the crimes in NY a better bet.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: I do not care so much about what Trump did in New York
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 09:47:42 AM »

:mental:

Amazing. All that drivel and not one instance of actually naming the crime and what specific statute, or law, was broken, and the proof to support their assertion.

But then again, liberals are not known for their mental acumen.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 09:54:59 AM »
Remember: All the impotent complaining from the left is what they call “enjoying” the next 4 years.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 10:32:04 AM »
... if any crimes were committed ...

So kt admits that no crimes were committed. :lmao:  :rotf:

Fraudian Slip!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.