Author Topic: This is some bullshit... Did the DUmmie REALLY apply for a job?  (Read 643 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215504471

FirstLight (12,314 posts)

This is some BULLSHIT (Did I get the job or NOT!???)

previous related posts:

Interview 5/25: https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181512771

THOUGHT I had the JOB 5/26: https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215466053

So the "next steps" were to have me take four "Assessment Tests"

Typing 3 mins
EXCEL 45 mins
Data Entry 10 mins
Proofreading 15 mins

I got the last two done almost immediately. I am NOT Excel proficient, and did mention to the recruiter that I neede to brush up, as it is one thing to be trained in specific tasks/procedures, and another to know the whole program.

Finally just gritted my teeth and went for it and finished the tests last Wed 6/2 (they gave me until 6/9 but I wanted to push things forward and show them I was eager)

So no reply at ALL till Friday, the Hr recruiter called and said the mgr had had days off and would be reviewing my tests "so then we can move with an offer"

well that sounds promising....or so I thought.

The sales office where I would be working is a 7-day week operation. but the HR Dept is closed for the weekends. I figured the mgr would have things back to HR by today...right?

Texted at 9:30am, asking for an update...no reply
Emailed at noon, asking for an update, still no reply

It's moving into afternoon, and I am really feeling let down frustrated and scared and upset.

I cant push anymore...all I can do is wait. If I ****ed up on the Excel test I at least hope they would give me maybe a "trial period" to prove my skills. But who even does that anymore.

I guess all I can do is go cry in the shower now...

Bookmarked a few other jobs to apply for. Maybe I'll just keep up the tactic of "throwing spaghetti at the wall"

something's gotta stick eventually

Here is a shocker.... the DUmmie doesn't realize the world doesn't revolve around them.

I get the frustration with not knowing... but there is other things going on in the world; I am sure this is especially true for a sales office.

Left-face (49 posts)

2. Bachman Turner Overdrive

Had the solution..
If you ever get annoyed you can become self employed..

I run my own small cabinet shop, but I've been working for myself since basically 1980 something..I had a few crappy jobs in between gigs..
It ain't easy..I'm 62 and just finished installing 6 doors upstairs in someone else's house while they watched Faux noise all day.. I managed to not vomit on their shoes somehow..
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Left-face (Reply #2)Mon Jun 7, 2021, 04:40 PM
Star Member FirstLight (12,314 posts)

3. Been "freelancing" for years...not good enough

This job was going to help me get out of a financial hole Ive been in much of my adult life...havent had the chance to keep a "good job" with benies etc since being a single mom screwed up my schedule and having to stay home with sick kids etc

no, i really want this...now Im back to feeling like a broke-ass loser
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

LOL at "Back to".... I suppose the DUmmie would rather be a loser  with some money as opposed to a broke ass one.

A few DUmmies actually give some sage advice about patience... How do they understand this....? The only thing my mind can come up they are like Sith Lords playing the long game, because everything else is instant gratification.... Like Queen's "I want it all, and I want it now"

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: This is some bullshit... Did the DUmmie REALLY apply for a job?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 04:03:38 PM »
Quote from:
Left-face

2. Bachman Turner Overdrive

Had the solution..

But BTO had talent. Big difference.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 04:05:21 PM »
So I figured it out.

Go back to their original post:

Been out of work for almost 2 years. Went on disability due to a car accident and was just coming off when Covid hit... now it's like Ive been in a freaking bubble since then.

Been trying to find all kinds of work online, even tried a couple front desk gigs at local resorts when things opened up. I really think I have been getting Age-discrimination, at 51 the opportunities are limited...

So I was blown away when I actually got hit up by a recruiter for a big resort! She saw my resume on Indeed and reached out! I thought it was just for a run-of-the-mill front desk position, but they really want me for my writing and editing experience!

Friday was a phone interview, tomorrow is the meeting of the supervisor and property tour. I haven't received an "official" offer but they sent me the benefist package information so I am hoping that is a good sign. There's a signing bonus too!

now I just have to figure out how to get there!

ETA: @Journalgrrl701 Paypal
I don't need much

Just a long con money grab; and when they don't "get the job", they can return the DUmmie money well"

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 04:08:11 PM »
But BTO had talent. Big difference.

These DUmmies ain't seen nothing yet

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 04:08:24 PM »
Whenever I was looking for work, I didn't stop putting in applications until a new job was started.  Never count on anything until the check clears the bank.

If DimLight actually knew what was going on in the real world and had any clue how the real world works, they would know that jobs where office skills are needed have no need to settle for anything right now.  There are plenty of applicants for those jobs.

Frankly, checking the other posts about the job and interview, I'm leaning towards bouncy.  Never says what the job is, but that they were picked for writing and editing experience.  Where does Excel fall into that?  Not impossible, but starts the questioning.  Then to start three threads about the whole thing, one for the interview, one for the "offer" and another when the "offer" vanished, all with many "poor me" and "this would be so great for me" dashed sprinkled in, makes it look like post boosting/cred building. 

But maybe I'm just cynical....

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 04:14:46 PM »
The important thing is: she don't need no man.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 04:26:06 PM »
She has a long history of hitting up the DUmmies for money.  She probably has a dozen or so GoFundMe beg-a-thons over the last couple of years.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 04:31:00 PM »
She should tell perspective employers she can speak moonbat, and then rattle off a bunch of Trump-hate rants. That’ll impress them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 05:35:29 PM »
Bookmarked a few other jobs to apply for. Maybe I'll just keep up the tactic of "throwing spaghetti at the wall"

something's gotta stick eventually

Geez! Keep sending resumes and doing phone and/or in-person interviews until you land a job. No "Maybe"s about it.

IMO, if a prospective employer has her doing basic computer skills tests, either they're an insulting moron or the job is near entry-level where all applicants' skills are in doubt.

I really think I have been getting Age-discrimination, at 51 the opportunities are limited...

The last time I started a new (very good!) job I was a couple of weeks short of 62YO. Unless she was applying to be a stripper, if she's got the skills she'll get jobs. I'm guessing her skills are very moderate, though being 51 might impair her prospects as .......
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »
Let Uncle Ralphie analyze this happy horse hockey:

FirstLight (12,314 posts)

This is some BULLSHIT (Did I get the job or NOT!???)

previous related posts:

Interview 5/25: https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181512771

THOUGHT I had the JOB 5/26: https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215466053

So the "next steps" were to have me take four "Assessment Tests"

Typing 3 mins
EXCEL 45 mins
Data Entry 10 mins
Proofreading 15 mins

I got the last two done almost immediately. I am NOT Excel proficient, and did mention to the recruiter that I neede to brush up, as it is one thing to be trained in specific tasks/procedures, and another to know the whole program.

OK, if it is supposed to take 2/3rds of your testing time to demonstrate your Excel skills (or lack thereof), shouldn't one perhaps become more proficient?  It isn't as though Microsoft Excel is some random rarely used skill set.  Personally use it all day long and have for decades.  Even at a local library or community college, a normal human can learn how to use the spreadsheet system.  Even the most basic functions.

My humble judgment: This DUmmy actually has no marketable skills and are just groveling for sympathy. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 05:52:40 PM »
I think the DUmmie is applying for jobs based on salary, not on their ability to do the job.  Most places are willing to pay $15-17 to start and that is for unskilled workers that need trained. Most DUmmies are worth that.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2021, 06:09:49 PM »
Writing and editing for a front desk job?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 07:17:20 PM »
Companies tend to have receptionists doing other background tasks to fill their time. An immediate family member is a receptionist, but also does a fair amount of medical records stuff and keeping a supply room for nurses and aides stocked. My impression is that some of those tasks would be beyond FirstLight's capabilities (and desire to learn).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 07:52:31 PM »
now I just have to figure out how to get there!

ETA: @Journalgrrl701 Paypal
I don't need much

And there it is. Scam.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 08:52:17 PM »
My humble judgment: This DUmmy actually has no marketable skills and are just groveling for sympathy.

I'm guessing it's the windup for another go-fund beg-a-thon

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2021, 09:06:21 PM »
Well they were looking into getting more female crash test dummies. I don't know why someone would need to know typing, Excel, data entry or proofreading are requirements to perform the job of a crash test dummy though.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 03:44:51 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 10:59:00 PM »

Her work experience is on LinkedIn.  And, yes the majority of her work has been as a receptionist.  Her last job was working the front desk at a Boy's and Girl's Club.  Her "writing" experience has been assembling newsletters and putting together flyers.  So if you just can't seem to figure out how to put up announcements on your bulletin board, she's your gal.