Author Topic: VIDEO: New "Rising" Crew Hilariously Misfires on Manchin Filibuster Prediction  (Read 226 times)

Offline pjcomix

In case you hadn't noticed, The Hill's "Rising" crew of Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti left the show last week. I have to admit  that I enjoyed watching them despite the fact that they seemed to be weirdly enthusiastic by every spending bill no matter how big. However, they were refreshing willing to ruffle the feathers of the mainstream media and were harshly critical of CNN and  MSNBC, especially Rachel Maddow. In addition, they mocked the media hype of the discredited Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy theory.

Therefore it is with great interest that I am watching the new crew of Ryan Grim and Emily Jashinsky. I am reserving opinion on them until I see more of the new crew. However, I do note one wild misfire last Friday when Ryan and Emily got all excited over what they  thought was a major scoop that only they saw which was supposedly missed by the rest of the media. Namely that Senator Joe Manchin somehow signaled that he would ditch the filibuster sometime in the near future. This prognostication came just a couple of days before Manchin wrote in an Op-Ed that he was FIRMLY in favor of maintaining the filibuster.

So will Ryan and Emily acknowledge their misfire this week? Perhaps they could turn that lemon into lemonade by joking about it. Hey, I even give them permission to use this video if they wish.

https://youtu.be/_AQMhwlOIFs