Author Topic: Breaking: Facebook just suspended Trump for two years  (Read 588 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Breaking: Facebook just suspended Trump for two years
« on: June 04, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »
Star Member StarfishSaver (15,880 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215494906

Breaking: Facebook just suspended Trump for two years

Facebook suspends Trump for 2 years in response to Oversight Board ruling
By Elizabeth Dwoskin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/06/03/trump-facebook-oversight-board/

:whatever:

Star Member TwilightZone (20,960 posts)

2. Presumably so they can reevaluate before the 2024 campaign.

til just after the mid-term elections...

Star Member EYESORE 9001 (18,363 posts)

3. NO MIDTERMS FOR YOU!

Star Member pandr32 (7,598 posts)

4. Happy dancing here knowing he is having a bad day

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Breaking: Facebook just suspended Trump for two years
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 11:53:44 AM »
A lesser known codecil in the Faber constitution...Double secret probation.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 12:06:59 PM »
To the degree FB and Twitter receive ad revenue based on posting volume, banning Trump is shooting their revenue in the foot ... or maybe knee capping it. Trump will find other means to bypass the MSM's and social media giants' blocks. FB, Twitter, and many MSM outlets will struggle, possibly fail, at trying to regain post volume and revenue from banning/blocking Trump.

FB's, Twitter's, and many MSM outlets' suppression and derision of the lab leak theory probably isn't playing well now that they've been proven probably wrong and partisan-motivated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 05:30:42 PM »
I dunno why the primitives are all agog and excited, jumping up-and-down getting red-white-blue in the face, spitting and sputtering in glee; I thought this was old news.

If it in fact is new news, I'd just automatically thought it'd happened a long time ago.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 05:44:40 PM »
Should we point out that this could happen to anyone?  Naw, **** ‘em. They’re too stupid to understand.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 06:03:48 PM »
Since Trump is an R leader and a potential candidate for office he should file a complaint with the Federal Election Commission that this is an in-kind contribution to the Dem party worth millions of $$.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 06:04:13 PM »
Should we point out that this could happen to anyone?  Naw, **** ‘em. They’re too stupid to understand.

KC

Yeah, it is always more enjoyable to watch the look on their faces when the monster they created comes home and eats one of their own.  Like when #metoo feasted on Al Franken's carcass with its zero tolerance acolytes chanting "misogynist".  Good times, good times.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 06:16:35 PM »
Since Trump is an R leader and a potential candidate for office he should file a complaint with the Federal Election Commission that this is an in-kind contribution to the Dem party worth millions of $$.

Is it too early to announce he is running?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 07:35:50 PM »
Is it too early to announce he is running?

Considering that CNN and PMSNBC's ratings are in the crapper post-Trump, at least it would give them something to cover that might draw eyeballs.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 08:21:54 PM »
The same group of morons who constantly scream suppression when the Republicans try to prevent voter fraud have no problem when the speech their opposition is suppressed.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Delmar

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 10:02:46 PM »

til just after the mid-term elections...

Could they be any more transparent?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 09:02:17 AM »
I dunno why the primitives are all agog and excited, jumping up-and-down getting red-white-blue in the face, spitting and sputtering in glee; I thought this was old news.

If it in fact is new news, I'd just automatically thought it'd happened a long time ago.

The suspension was indefinite, then FB said indefinite bans didn't fit their practices and said they would make a final decision later.  Later came late last week when the two years was announced.  As has been noted already, two years just happens to keep Trump of FB during those midterm elections.  Coincidence?  :rofl:  If anyone thinks so, I've got some ocean front property for sale cheap, close to Las Vegas. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 09:11:27 AM »

Good thinking! Then he should sue their ass off.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!