Author Topic: Can We Buy Manchin's & Sinema's Votes?.....  (Read 426 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Can We Buy Manchin's & Sinema's Votes?.....
« on: June 04, 2021, 07:39:40 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215496216

global1 (22,550 posts)

Can We Buy Manchin's & Sinema's Votes?.....

Let's talk the other 48 Dem Senators into donating $25,000 each. By my calculation that's $1.2 million total dollars or $600,000 each for Manchin and Sinema.

The money can go to their re-election campaigns.

The only thing we'd ask in return is that the vote to end the filibuster.

These other 48 Dem Senators should each be making a visit to Manchin and Sinema's D.C. offices to put pressure on them to end the filibuster. There should be a revolving door of Dem Senators - hell also include the Dem's in the House - to continually badgering both of them until they give in and vote with all the Dems.

I can't believe that Schumer and Biden can't apply pressure on those two. There must be something that will get them to vote with the rest of the Dems.

And the turd in the punchbowl:

msfiddlestix (2,100 posts)

11. I think that might be under the heading of Bribery. Buy I don't know, I'm not a lawyer.

Besides, It is my opinion, (as in purely speculative based only on instinct) the sole reason neither one of them wants to help end the filibuster, is because the filibuster gives them the perfect foil to avoid voting on a plethora of bills, proposals they don't want to see passed.

The reason they don't want to see a number of bills passed, is because they don't want to deal with their voting record during their next campaigns.

Why bother when they can just sit it out, and get a free ride in the Senate. After all, it pays fairly well, you get good benefits meet a lot of lobbyist, make beneficial connections and jeeze,who knows what might be in the cards for them in the future? if they just ride this term out without passing most if not all of Dem's bills... they can pretty much count on being there until they retire unless of course they have other opportunities beyond the Senate.

That's how I've been assessing the situation for a number of weeks now, I feel like I'm on target about that.

or maybe it's fairly obvious to everyone else. Except the question about the two keep getting asked, and I haven't seen any one respond with this answer. It's seems obvious to me, maybe I'm wrong.

We don't call them DUmmies without a reason...
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Can We Buy Manchin's & Sinema's Votes?.....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 07:58:19 PM »
Bribery to get what they want. They’ll go to any lengths they must. Laws are for others. Liberalism must be forced on all of us for our own good.

Liberals are worse than the most bloodthirsty authoritarian tyrants that ever lived.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »
DUpipo cannot conceive of a decent honest intelligent person believing or doing something they disagree with out of simple decency, honesty, and intelligence. Hence their belief that Manchin and Sinema would be bought off if offered enough $$.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 09:58:59 PM »
Response to global1 (Original post)Fri Jun 4, 2021, 07:04 PM
Star Member pandr32 (7,601 posts)
1. If we can buy their votes

...maybe someone else already did.

They think everybody is crooked, just like them.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 09:25:35 AM »
Funny how they disregard the people Manchin and Sinema REPRESENT!  You know, the people who elected them and put them in a position to represent THEIR beliefs.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 10:42:41 AM »
Funny how they disregard the people Manchin and Sinema REPRESENT!  You know, the people who elected them and put them in a position to represent THEIR beliefs.

KC

they don't care about the people they supposedly represent.  All they want is total power.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 11:18:41 AM »
Besides being bribery, funneling a bunch of money into a campaign doesn't ensure victory. Beto O'Rourke tried to buy a senate seat, and failed. Hillary Clinton tried to buy the presidency, and failed. Michael Bloomberg tried to buy the presidency, and failed. As others have pointed out, Manchin and Sinema still have to answer to their constituents.

It bears repeating, elections have consequences.