Author Topic: Meanwhile in Canada....  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Meanwhile in Canada....
« on: June 02, 2021, 06:58:07 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215489391

Heartstrings
Meanwhile in Canada....

Sorry if this comes off as smug, but the endless excuses for the irresponsible lack of gun control in the USA don't hold water. Stop with the excuses and cynical prayers. You need gun control now!

Meanwhile in Canada....

Sorry if this comes off as smug, but the endless excuses for the irresponsible lack of gun control in the USA don't hold water. Stop with the excuses and cynical prayers. You need gun control now!

Sent to me from a Canadian Facebook friend.

Now there is a whole lotta stupid in this thread but look at this.

MontanaMama
33. I talk to Canadian business owners several times a week...
the businesses that I deal with tend to be politically right leaning and or in the RWNJ category. That said, the vast majority of them vehemently disagree with their gun laws, the Covid lock down, mask mandates and have no love at all for Justin Trudeau. I have to bite my tongue because I make a living manufacturing and selling a niche product that isn’t available north of the border. Bottom line is that there is a scary fascist undercurrent in Canada too and plenty of Canadians are buying into it. Lord knows I have to hear about it way more than I want.

Now, how many times have these assholes talked about not hiring a plumber or a carpenter, or a house keeper ... due to their political leanings?

Someone should find this person and share what they say about their clients!  Just saying.

KC
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 07:18:58 PM by Texacon »
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Meanwhile in Canada....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 07:04:36 PM »
Reports: Mass grave of Indian children found at former Canadian assimilation school
https://justthenews.com/world/canada/reports-mass-grave-indian-children-found-former-canadian-assimilation-school

Think Canada is a progressive paradise? That’s mooseshit
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/21/canada-politics-progressive-liberal-trudeau
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 07:37:35 PM »
  MontanaMama
33. I talk to Canadian business owners several times a week...
the businesses that I deal with tend to be politically right leaning and or in the RWNJ category. That said, the vast majority of them vehemently disagree with their gun laws, the Covid lock down, mask mandates and have no love at all for Justin Trudeau. I have to bite my tongue because I make a living manufacturing and selling a niche product that isn’t available north of the border. Bottom line is that there is a scary fascist undercurrent in Canada too and plenty of Canadians are buying into it. Lord knows I have to hear about it way more than I want.
There isn't a scary fascist undercurrent in Canada; it is happening in broad daylight. Indefinite curfews, lockdowns, cops beating pastors, the possibility of suspending elections, and censorship.

Offline landofconfusion80

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 10:25:23 AM »
Reports: Mass grave of Indian children found at former Canadian assimilation school
https://justthenews.com/world/canada/reports-mass-grave-indian-children-found-former-canadian-assimilation-school

Think Canada is a progressive paradise? That’s mooseshit
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/21/canada-politics-progressive-liberal-trudeau

There's some fascinating stuff in that Guardian article, past and present.  (The Fruit Machine to check for gay levels?  I think that tops "pray the gay away", no matter where you stand.  Second place in the selling weapons to the Middle East contest?  Impressive)  The grave discovery is a reminder that indigenous peoples have been treated poorly all over the place in the past.

Back to the original post about what all Canada has, yet still doesn't have a mass shooting problem, if I were what the moonbats think conservatives are, I'd say you don't have as many black and brown people either.  But since I'm not one of those caricatures the left believes in, I'd say Canada doesn't have the culture of violence we have, nor do they have as many people making money and gaining social/political power from working to keep that culture of violence going.  Primarily gang and drug related violence, but the antifa/commie thugs are making inroads as well,  all three groups generating revenue, empty campaign slogans and promises, and talking points for the aforementioned profiteers, power hungry, and attention whores. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 10:37:05 AM »
There's some fascinating stuff in that Guardian article, past and present.  (The Fruit Machine to check for gay levels?  I think that tops "pray the gay away", no matter where you stand.  Second place in the selling weapons to the Middle East contest?  Impressive)  The grave discovery is a reminder that indigenous peoples have been treated poorly all over the place in the past.

Back to the original post about what all Canada has, yet still doesn't have a mass shooting problem, if I were what the moonbats think conservatives are, I'd say you don't have as many black and brown people either.  But since I'm not one of those caricatures the left believes in, I'd say Canada doesn't have the culture of violence we have, nor do they have as many people making money and gaining social/political power from working to keep that culture of violence going.  Primarily gang and drug related violence, but the antifa/commie thugs are making inroads as well,  all three groups generating revenue, empty campaign slogans and promises, and talking points for the aforementioned profiteers, power hungry, and attention whores.

Canada has a HUGE race problem, but they keep it under wraps pretty well.  Run a duckduckgo search and you'll be absolutely shocked!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 11:54:41 AM »

Canada has a HUGE race problem, but they keep it under wraps pretty well.  Run a duckduckgo search and you'll be absolutely shocked!

KC

I was just looking at the numbers.  We have almost as many blacks in Dallas as Canada has in the whole country. 

There being underlying racism in the land of hockey and syrup, but it not erupting into the ghettos and gangbanging and anger we see, I think still points to cultural differences, and Canucks not having as many people who profit one way or another from lighting, enlarging and keeping those fires going.  Just going down the rabbit hole in the Guardian article, there are definitely Canadians with issues towards those who look a bit different than them.  That "keeping it under wraps", while not necessarily the best option, cuts out the exploitation.  Granted, ignoring the issues had a lot to do with the development of our culture of violence, but it took a while. 

Can't we all just get along?  Not as long as someone has something to gain from the divisions.....
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 12:12:55 PM »
I was just looking at the numbers.  We have almost as many blacks in Dallas as Canada has in the whole country. 

There being underlying racism in the land of hockey and syrup, but it not erupting into the ghettos and gangbanging and anger we see, I think still points to cultural differences, and Canucks not having as many people who profit one way or another from lighting, enlarging and keeping those fires going.  Just going down the rabbit hole in the Guardian article, there are definitely Canadians with issues towards those who look a bit different than them.  That "keeping it under wraps", while not necessarily the best option, cuts out the exploitation.  Granted, ignoring the issues had a lot to do with the development of our culture of violence, but it took a while. 

Can't we all just get along?  Not as long as someone has something to gain from the divisions.....

Steel on target.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 06:18:57 AM »
"We (Canada) have strict gun control laws, and we do not have a mass shooting problem."

Chicago has even stricter gun control laws (It's nearly impossible for a civilian there to legally own a firearm), yet their murder rate is through the roof, and most of those murders are committed using guns!
See, violent criminals who don't have a problem with breaking the laws against murder, robbery, etc., likely won't have a problem with breaking a couple gun- control laws, either.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 08:53:53 AM »
Canada had a massive Covid surge in March and April because Canada's government pooed Canuckia's vaccine screwch. The Canuckian gooberment didn't get serious about vaccinations until around mid March.

Meanwhile in the US, Covid has been plummeting or declining since early January. The US has been serious about vaccinations since January 2020 when vaccine development began at Moderna with the aid of the US NIH (specifically, NIAID). There was a small bump in late March through mid April, probably due to Covid being crossed over from Canada into Michigan, which did have a surge (that was all but counter-balanced at the national level by states experiencing declines in cases).

Canada has since passed the US in vaccination rate, but only after a lot of Canadians suffered and the US basically was entering herd immunity. The Canuckian gooberment dithered and Canadians suffered, needlessly. Further, Canadians should be demanding to know why the Canadian government didn't aid Canadian company Medicago in its vaccine development efforts! You know, an effort not depending on the US and EuroLand!

I doubt any DU-member gives a @#$% about facts they don't want to see and read, but for any curious Caver, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/ , and https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations (deselect countries in the chart other than the US and then select Canada).

:-) Great info like that is the reason the Cave pays me so well! :-) What's the current exchange rate for Zimbabwean dollars? :-)  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 07:46:18 PM »

KC

Canada's race problem? It's even worse than America's.
https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/out-of-sight-out-of-mind-2/

Racial Segregation of Black People in Canada
https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/racial-segregation-of-black-people-in-canada
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 09:18:52 PM »
>Heartstrings  Meanwhile in Canada....

Ban this you filthy POS moron ...  ESAD and DILLIGAF.  GFY and more ESAD a$$Hole.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 11:55:58 PM »
there is a scary fascist undercurrent in Canada too and plenty of Canadians are buying into it.

WTF does fascism have to do with gun ownership?

Was Canada fascist before their guns were taken away? Australia? The UK?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 04:42:18 AM »
there is a scary fascist undercurrent in Canada too and plenty of Canadians are buying into it.

You mean, like, using heavily armed police to arrest pastors in the middle of the road for holding church services?

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 06:25:03 AM »
Canada: It does not have freedom, but just the appearance of it.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 09:07:29 AM »
Canada had a massive Covid surge in March and April because Canada's government pooed Canuckia's vaccine screwch. The Canuckian gooberment didn't get serious about vaccinations until around mid March.

Meanwhile in the US, Covid has been plummeting or declining since early January. The US has been serious about vaccinations since January 2020 when vaccine development began at Moderna with the aid of the US NIH (specifically, NIAID). There was a small bump in late March through mid April, probably due to Covid being crossed over from Canada into Michigan, which did have a surge (that was all but counter-balanced at the national level by states experiencing declines in cases).

Canada has since passed the US in vaccination rate, but only after a lot of Canadians suffered and the US basically was entering herd immunity. The Canuckian gooberment dithered and Canadians suffered, needlessly. Further, Canadians should be demanding to know why the Canadian government didn't aid Canadian company Medicago in its vaccine development efforts! You know, an effort not depending on the US and EuroLand!

Looking at the data on Worldometer more closely, the surge began around March 10th, when the daily new cases rose out of the (rather high) plateau they had been running, peaked around April 15th, and then, in a yet continuing plummet, fell back below the previous plateau around May 25th. Had the Canuckian gooberment gotten serious about vaccinations back in December 2020 (like the UK and US did!) rather than the end of February or first part of March, that 2 month surge might have been a small or moderate bump lasting a couple of weeks ... or less. 10s of thousands who were infected wouldn't have, and several hundred now dead might still be alive. THAT, is Canada.

Meanwhile, Canadian people should be all but rioting in their demands to know why the Canuckian gooberment didn't take Covid seriously enough and care enough about Canadian people to help Medicago (and other Canadian pharmaceuticals companies?) get their vaccine into testing! Canadian people should be demanding to know why AbCellera's monoclonal antibody treatment was brought into production and use by DARPA, US pharmaceuticals company Eli Lilly, and the US government! Instead of being smug about US social problems, Canadians should be calling for Canadian officials' heads on pikes (metaphorically, of course) over failing the Canadian people so horribly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 10:49:01 PM »
Duplessis Orphans
https://historyofrights.ca/encyclopaedia/main-events/duplessis-orphans/

Duplessis orphans call for exhumations: Aim to show children were experimented upon
http://www.canadiangenocide.nativeweb.org/duplessis_orphans.html
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du