Author Topic: I read somewhere awhile back that all US military bases  (Read 394 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I read somewhere awhile back that all US military bases
« on: May 29, 2021, 03:01:05 PM »
Beachnutt (1,086 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215477117

I read somewhere awhile back that all US military bases (waiting rooms etc...) here in the US had
the tv's tuned to fox news, is this true and if so why ?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Aristus (55,500 posts)

1. I think that was just the bases in Iraq.

Got to pump out the propaganda in order to keep the troops focused on oppressing an innocent people.

Also, I know Dickhead Cheney demanded from his advance teams that all TV's in a hotel suite be tuned to FOX by the time he walked in.

:whatever:

Star Member maxrandb (11,941 posts)

3. Not so much anymore. I did 29 years in the Navy

and yes, at one time Faux News was everywhere. It changed a bit not too long ago.

I guess after the election of our first AA President, having Faux News hosts laugh and discuss Rush Limbaugh playing his "Barack the Magic Negro" song was a bit too much.

What was even more insidious were the barracks, breakrooms and common areas. See, if there was TV in the Wardroom, NCO Mess, Galley or Workshop, and your CO, or boss was a wingnut, they would often dictate Faux News.

Sure, you could complain. Lots of military members went on to stellar careers after confronting their CO about TV stations.

That's why putting that POS Limbaugh and his perianal cyst Hannity on Armed Forces Radio was so ****ed up.

It was presented as a "choice", but those of us that have served know who controls the TV and Radio.

Every day room I ever saw had a remote sitting there. Anyone could change the channel to whatever.

In my office it was Fox News. Didn't 'dictate' what had to be on through out the battalion area.

::)

llashram (2,738 posts)

4. with a military

so full of white supremacists, what can be expected? Any business I go into that has RW propaganda tool faux-news on, I complain. Period. They don't change it, I leave and write their 'corporate'. Just for the hell of it. Thorn in the side soon starts to become infected..

:bird:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: I read somewhere awhile back that all US military bases
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 03:08:35 PM »
Every day room I ever saw had a remote sitting there. Anyone could change the channel to whatever.

Unlike in airports showing BMM on 50 billion monitors, y'all could have changed the channel.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: I read somewhere awhile back that all US military bases
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »
Just do a Doug Bulna and hide the remote in the rafters.  Problem solved.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender