Author Topic: Confronted by two armed men today  (Read 541 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Confronted by two armed men today
« on: May 29, 2021, 09:03:17 AM »
ripcord (1,919 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215475783

I was going out to fly my drone and headed to an area I haven't flown in awhile, I was making the turn onto the dirt road when a pickup pulled out in front of me and blocked the road. Two armed men got a out and told me the public road is closed because they have started up a business on this road, sure enough around 20 greenhouses and a bunch of beat up travel trailers and RVs. I called the sheriff and they said they would send someone out but it was most likely to come down to their word against mine. I asked about the illegal grow and they said they would turn it over to the Marijuana Enforcement Team but it would be awhile before they got to it if they got to it at all.

I shouldn't have to live like this, they are breaking the law and I'm told that law enforcement might get to it someday, I'm beginning to hope the local vigilantes have good hunting.

If they are dope growers they are probably not right wingers...

Star Member Chainfire (5,615 posts)

1. Was the land you were on public or private?

ripcord (1,919 posts)

3. The road is public

They don't own the land they have their illegal grow on, they are just squatting, there is also no water on site to they are probably hitting the fire hydrants at night. Out local water agency here in the desert is down 150,000 gallons a day to thefts by the grower trash. There is no commercial cannabis activity allowed anywhere in unincorporated San Bernardino County.

oh... California...

:whatever:

Claire Oh Nette (1,761 posts)

2. Sheriff, city police, ATF, FBI

and any other law enforcement. Report more than once. Speak to Reporters and TV news.

Public Road. Blocked your exit, and held you hostage.

**** 'em. If it was a legal grow site, they wouldn't be out there threatening passersby with guns.

Oh, now they like police.

:bird:

joetheman (582 posts)

4. This what it has all come down to. Absolutely no respect for law. Trump has taught them well.

They don't have to obey the law and if they are white, nothing will be done about it.

:thatsright:

ripcord (1,919 posts)

5. We have bikers gangs, cartels and Asian organized crime doing the grows

I should be allowed to travel public roads, now I'm worried that if I fly my drone anywhere near these criminal operations they could think I am watching them and no one knows how this trash would react.

::)

Hotler (8,355 posts)

11. Call the Feds. The local sheriff is probaly in on the action. nt

Star Member PTWB (2,690 posts)

12. Probably?

:censored:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Confronted by two armed men today
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 09:23:22 AM »
ripcord (1,919 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215475783

I was going out to fly my drone and headed to an area I haven't flown in awhile, I was making the turn onto the dirt road when a pickup pulled out in front of me and blocked the road. Two armed men got a out and told me the public road is closed because they have started up a business on this road, sure enough around 20 greenhouses and a bunch of beat up travel trailers and RVs. I called the sheriff and they said they would send someone out but it was most likely to come down to their word against mine. I asked about the illegal grow and they said they would turn it over to the Marijuana Enforcement Team but it would be awhile before they got to it if they got to it at all.

I shouldn't have to live like this, they are breaking the law and I'm told that law enforcement might get to it someday, I'm beginning to hope the local vigilantes have good hunting.

:ownit:

Star Member Chainfire (5,615 posts)

1. Was the land you were on public or private?

SomeDummie has trouble understanding plain English.

ripcord (1,919 posts)

3. ...
They don't own the land they have their illegal grow on, they are just squatting, there is also no water on site to they are probably hitting the fire hydrants at night. Out local water agency here in the desert is down 150,000 gallons a day to thefts by the grower trash. There is no commercial cannabis activity allowed anywhere in unincorporated San Bernardino County.

DU-member ripcord's geographic info is correct. San Bernardino County is mostly rural and arid. As for his whine,

joetheman (582 posts)

4. This what it has all come down to. Absolutely no respect for law. Trump has taught them well.

They don't have to obey the law and if they are white, nothing will be done about it.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhh, no. It wasn't Trump voters or Rs who pushed the creeping decriminalizing of MJ. And the criminals growing it illegally, going back decades, didn't have many Trump voters or Rs among them.

What are the odds DU-members ripcord and joetheman voted for the propositions that made MJ laws unenforceable and decriminalized it?

:ownit:   Jackasses! You voted for this!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 09:37:19 AM »
I find it really odd that a primitive with a drone meaning to fly over and snoop on other peoples' activities, objects when others try to enforce a respect for their privacy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 09:56:10 AM »
Weren't we promised legalization would stop criminals from trafficking pot?

Now that it is legal the only thing that makes these grow operations criminal is that they are not paying taxes. For that, I don't give a rip.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 09:59:46 AM »
I find it really odd that a primitive with a drone meaning to fly over and snoop on other peoples' activities, objects when others try to enforce a respect for their privacy.

Drones are a hobby that "needs" a large area of land with few people on it who would be in danger of the drone falling on them. People with that kind of hobby don't necessarily give a thought to other people's privacy.

That said, the armed men stopped ripcord on a public road while he was driving on it. So ripcord hadn't even gotten to the point of possibly invading someone's privacy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »
Weren't we promised legalization would stop criminals from trafficking pot?

Now that it is legal the only thing that makes these grow operations criminal is that they are not paying taxes. For that, I don't give a rip.

The assurances that "Medical MJ" and decriminalization would reduce crime were Trojan Horses purveyed by people for whom violating the law was essential to their lifestyle. Even though this was grossly obvious, more CA'ians voted for the Trojan Horses than voted against them (which I did), so I have to live with the consequences of their clear lack of clear thought.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 10:43:35 AM »
aw, come on man.  It's just a harmless weed.  Why you got to get all uppity about a medicinal herb?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 11:32:39 AM »
“20 greenhouses and a bunch of beat up travel trailers and RVs” doesn’t sound like they’re hiding from the law, whatever this primitive believes them to be doing.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
As to the DUmbass tale of woe I'll take "Things that did not happen for $200."
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe