Author Topic: Something is very wrong with a political system where the party responsible  (Read 661 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member malaise (229,655 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215473629

Something is very wrong with a political system where the party responsible for attempting a coup can block an investigation into said attempted coup.

What makes it worse is that they still refuse to accept the election results. And **** all of M$M pushing the line that this is about power. This is about overthrowing the democratic political system for authoritarian rule.
This is effin'madness. Use the Constitution and banish these mother effers. Sedition is sedition.

:thatsright:

Eliot Rosewater (26,916 posts)

1. 2022 will be madness, violence. Etc. I am enjoying life now because I am certain

these fascist Nazi racists are gonna start killing people. They already did.

Star Member wnylib (6,652 posts)

41. I like your use of the word "seditionists" in the OP.

It's accurate and sounds stronger than insurrectionists.

I want to see a special prosecutor appointed instead of a commission or House investigation. DOJ supervision of a special prosecutor has more clout than House subpoenas which will be ignored.

49. Special prosecutor would be good

but I'll take all of them - this one must be taken seriously and there must be consequences

Star Member Warpy (100,258 posts)

2. Manchin needs a clue by four between the eyes

He knows damned full well some of them are guilty as sin and the rest are covering for them because they want those votes.

He just won't abandon slavery's best friend, the filibuster.

I still say offer him a suspension for two years, during which time the rules can be examined so that one man won't hold the power McConnell has. Force a vote to filibuster and have the proponents get up and start talking. A filibuster should be last ditch and rare, not ordinary business as usual to hamstring the majority party.

Star Member wnylib (6,652 posts)

42. Unless he is also one of the compromised ones

who needs to cover his own ass.

Star Member Tommymac (4,460 posts)

34. Corporate Donations. Simple as that.

All Democrats are not full Democrats - some have gotten greedy at the donation trough created by The Clinton Machine in the late 1980's to offset the loss of revenue from the Unions Raygun busted.

Thank Ronnie and the GOP once again.

Joe M. is just being a corporate politician. It's all BAU to him.

:whatever:

Star Member leftieNanner (9,850 posts)

20. Or Speaker Pelosi can

appoint a Select Committee in the House.

That's what the Republicans did with Benghazi.

I think a Special Prosecutor would come out of the DOJ, which wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Star Member gulliver (11,476 posts)

7. Yep, it's absolutely clear corruption on the part of Republicans

They're covering up illegality and insurrection by Republicans. There can be no clearer evidence that they are corrupt.

:thatsright:

Star Member uponit7771 (77,244 posts)

8. "This is about overthrowing the democratic political system " 👈🏾THIS !! How many times have we ...

... seen this in done in other countries!?!?

30. I lived it which is why I see all the signs of subversion and sedition

:???:

Star Member Blue Owl (34,745 posts)

10. Here's my Memorial Day Weekend **** Checklist:

**** Donald T***p and his rotten family.

**** Mike Pence.

**** Rudy Giuliani.

**** Mike Flynn.

**** Mitch McConnell.

**** Rush Limbaugh in his grave.

**** Matt Gaetz.

**** Marjorie Taylor Greene. Twice.

**** Lauren BimBoebert.

**** Joe Manchin.

**** Madison Cawthorn.

**** Tucker Carlson.

**** Sean Hannity.

**** Mike Lindell and his *******ed foamsacks.

**** the M$M.

**** that ridiculous, obsolete Filibuster.

**** the GQP who are now Democracy's worst enemy.

Who'd I miss?       

:yawn:

Star Member 2naSalit (49,897 posts)

13. At this point they have gone far beyond...

Proving that they are trying to overthrow the government. This IS about power, the media simply refuse to say it's name.

Star Member Kablooie (16,926 posts)

23. In 2022 it's very likely that the seditionists will control Congress.

Historically the opposition takes control in midterms when a president wins Congress.

This combined with:
- new census gerrymandering
- states making laws to handicap Democratic voters
- states setting up government systems that could overturn vote results they don't like
- a majority of states are Republican run
- and RW media will enrage Republican voters to get out and vote while Democratic voters will feel relatively content and stay home.

All this makes it likely that seditionists will take control of Congress and will attempt to rig the systems even more so that they can never be removed.
It's not going to be pretty.

Star Member roamer65 (26,643 posts)

60. This is why we may eventually have no choice but secession.

2026 may be the year of secession referenda in states like NY, CA, OR, WA and the New England states. Others will follow.

When a marriage is irreparably broken, there is no alternative but divorce.

Star Member I_UndergroundPanther (5,828 posts)

63. Maryland is a democratic state

Even though Hogan is the mayor. Also includes DC.

Star Member Tommymac (4,460 posts)

35. It will all be over one way or another in 2022, 2024 at the latest.

We The People can pressure the Centrist and Progressive Dems, and the media that is still reachable, to move unilaterally to save Our Democracy.

Or we can sit back along with the conserva Dems led by Manchin, Sinema, (and Feinstein to a lesser extent) and do business as usual and let the Big Lies percolate via a complicit Right Wing noise media and lazy, complicit, greedy, profit driven MSM and thus lose Our Constitution, Our Bill of Rights and all personal freedoms though inaction, complacence and plain just don't give a ****.

It is all up to We The People. 100%.

Which route are you going to follow? Everything YOU do matters.

Star Member I_UndergroundPanther (5,828 posts)

62. I feel the same way

That under authoritarianism I won't live long either.

Either shot for defending democracy. Or my ssi/ hud/medical assistance cut.

Without that help my PTSD or depression or my diabeties would kill me pretty fast.

I will take down any right wing butthole I can before I die if it comes to that horrible situation.

:rotf:

Star Member scarytomcat (1,499 posts)

38. justice must come down hard

the truth needs to be repeated over and over until people understand what happened. The results of this conspiracy needs to spoken of in terms of arrests and convictions. We need to hear who these people are. They are not Democrats or antifa and that needs to be made clear every time it is mentioned. This is not something that can be passed over.

bucolic_frolic (24,535 posts)

44. Republican Elites control the Senate.

The Founders knew patriots and little else. They could not conceive of the modern MAGAt mind, and especially not the Insurrectionist Party.

Money has corrupted politics. It was sewn into the cloth of the Constitution. Men of property.

Elections are the strongest and yet the weakest point of democracy. Strongest because there is the opportunity for everyone to participate. Weakest because fair elections are decided at the margins, meaning those weak of mind, ignorant of politics, stupid, and especially gullible are the last to weigh in and the most heavily weighted in the outcome.

We went downhill after World War II, after Watergate, when money took over everything. I put this at about 1968. Money took over television, politics, sports. Compare the World Series 1968 with the 1970s. We now have the dumbest electorate relative to the subject of Civics, and all they care about is money, consumerism, and religion. It's as if they are tranquilized.

Hotler (8,353 posts)

69. Joe needs to stop being afraid of the word politicizing and turn the DOJ loose.

Stop playing nice Joe. It's time to get pissed and show us how scrappy you are. The Dick of death would have been renditioning people already. A little waterboarding didn't hurt anyone said Hannity.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

A few hundred unruly people are a coup attempt ... the depths of mal's stupidity-  :stoner: are unplumbable :lmao:  :tongue: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Star Member Blue Owl (34,745 posts)

10. Here's my Memorial Day Weekend **** Checklist:

**** the M$M.

Hey, they got something right!  :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
They should be spending this time propping up Cap’n Dementia and all the wonderful things they claim he’s doing. Instead, they’re stuck in the past because they like to dwell where they can be the most angry. Primitives are so simpleminded.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

Something is very wrong with a political system where the party responsible for attempting a coup can block an investigation into said attempted coup.

What makes it worse is that they still refuse to accept the election results. And **** all of M$M pushing the line that this is about power. This is about overthrowing the democratic political system for authoritarian rule.
This is effin'madness. Use the Constitution and banish these mother effers. Sedition is sedition.

The Constitution is what allows these "mother effers" as you call them to push back on this sham one sided investigation
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

The Constitution is what allows these "mother effers" as you call them to push back on this sham one sided investigation

Dzhugashvili, Yezhov, and Beria aren't in power.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
A few hundred unruly people are a coup attempt ... the depths of mal's stupidity-  :stoner: are unplumbable :lmao:  :tongue: .

Hell, watching the MSM you would think the entire country was teetering on the edge of total destruction.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
It's not sedition to oppose a coup by vote fraud.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Eliot Rosewater (26,916 posts)

1. 2022 will be madness, violence. Etc. I am enjoying life now because I am certain

these fascist Nazi racists are gonna start killing people. They already did.

BLM, Antifa and those that support them are fascist, racist Nazis? Who knew.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

BLM, Antifa and those that support them are fascist, racist Nazis? Who knew.

When it comes to looniness, Eliot is somewhere between mal and UGP - non-prophet like mal, almost as loony as UGP. And on the Axis of Hatred, a little less so than the banned-and-unlamented Nematode.

Offline DUmpDiver

How is the entirety of the party somehow responsible for the actions of a few hundred protestors?

Was the entirety of the Dem party responsible for when the anti-Kavers took over The Hart Senate Office Building? A Coup? Sedition?

Offline 67 Rover

Star Member Kablooie (16,926 posts)

23. In 2022 it's very likely that the seditionists will control Congress.

Historically the opposition takes control in midterms when a president wins Congress.

This combined with:
- new census gerrymandering
- states making laws to handicap Democratic voters
- states setting up government systems that could overturn vote results they don't like
- a majority of states are Republican run
- and RW media will enrage Republican voters to get out and vote while Democratic voters will feel relatively content and stay home.

All this makes it likely that seditionists will take control of Congress and will attempt to rig the systems even more so that they can never be removed.
It's not going to be pretty.

I guess in 2022 it will once again be up to the Republicans to save America by "abandon slavery's best friend, the filibuster." If you can just hold out a little longer DUmmie you will get your wish.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer