Author Topic: DUmmy moral conscience Atticus worries about trolls, paranoia ensues  (Read 748 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Atticus (10,864 posts)

It took quite a while for me to notice that some posters here not only never rec an OP,

they don't seem to ever respond to one in a positive way.

Snark and sarcasm, yes. But, no "Well saids" or "I agrees" or even a "👍".

One of those things that make you say "Hmmm".

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215473923

SWBTATTReg (15,620 posts)

6. Yes. You have made an excellent observation. I think personally that some do ...

deride, mock, etc. because it's their nature (they can't do it in their own lives because there is no one else in their orbits any longer, they've driven them all away (friends, family, etc.)).

I told a DU member the other day that he had mocked / made fun of at least 3 different DU postings (same topic) without allowing anyone hassle-free and open discussions, even though in his own words, he didn't want to discourage conversations. When I pointed this fact out, he did, to give him credit admitted this. Don't criticize others on DU too much, DU is a, for the the most part, a refuge for many of us to go to, to enjoin reading about our topics of choice, to enjoy such topics, and read about other topics, but mocking others?
Don't please.

I suspect some people will always be this way (mock, deride, etc.) and I guess it's to be expected, being that there are over 250K registered DU members (and uncounted numbers of non-paid members). So we must be on watch, let the MIRT team work their magic, and jump to the defense of other DU members when need be.

TheBlackAdder (20,600 posts)

10. Look further and you'll also notice that certain accounts also comment in pairs or threes.

I kept track of a few last year and there is a pattern to how a lot of OPs are commented on by others.

Buckeye_Democrat (11,865 posts)

20. I've noticed it too.

Some people here may just never do it, even when they're clearly pro-Democratic, and I rarely look at their profiles anyway.

But it's interesting when I suspect a poster isn't actually a Democrat or liberal, and their profiles never show recommendations. Hmmm, indeed.

48656c6c6f20 (6,403 posts)

21. I agree!

No I don't. But if you're troll hunting, good hunting.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Atticus would do well to wonder.

If one looks closely, it seems there's a lot of fake primitives on Skins's island, created out of thin air.   Such as, in the long-ago past, FrenchieCat and ProSense.

Many here on conservativecave are knowledgeable of the primitives, and a high post-count primitive who shows up, but who's never been heard of, or observed, before, is probably Lord Marblehead EarlG himself, or someone on his payroll.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Atticus would do well to wonder.

If one looks closely, it seems there's a lot of fake primitives on Skins's island, created out of thin air.   Such as, in the long-ago past, FrenchieCat and ProSense.

Many here on conservativecave are knowledgeable of the primitives, and a high post-count primitive who shows up, but who's never been heard of, or observed, before, is probably Lord Marblehead EarlG himself, or someone on his payroll.

Good point on SquirrelG.  He probably has dozens if not hundreds of fluffer accounts that just pad the totals.

Been a while since we've done a "Expert Moling 101" seminar, probably dating back to the heyday of CU.  But the DUmmies paranoia is partially well founded, as these are tricks and tips we've shared over the years.

A quick list, but please feel free to add yours:

- Join and donate the bare minimum to get that magic gold star.  Or beg about how poor one is and grovel to get a donation from the easily gullible DUmmies
- Post quickly and early, either agreeing with the original post, typing "Kick and Recommended", or the nauseating "Send thee to the Greatest Page".  It is all about building up your post count, which seems to be a magic elixir for that joint.
- Pad your post count in the DUmp lounge.  Superfluous topics, it doesn't matter.  Pile on threads wishing someone a happy birthday, participate in movie or music discussions
- Once you reach 1,000 posts, then you have a bit of street cred to gently poke the bear
- Maintain discipline and don't write from your actual perspective.  As difficult and disgusting it is, pretend you're just as bonkers as they are.  Just flip the script about a anecdote where a moonbat liberal  did something that lefties think is stereotypical Trumpian Nazi behavior.  My favorite trick.  Dozens have been copied and pasted over the years either here or at CU

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Offline Ralph Wiggum

My personal favorite of yours or whomever created that.

Fostering liberals constant state of paranoia is always encouraged! :cheersmate:

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Good point on SquirrelG.  He probably has dozens if not hundreds of fluffer accounts that just pad the totals.

Been a while since we've done a "Expert Moling 101" seminar, probably dating back to the heyday of CU.  But the DUmmies paranoia is partially well founded, as these are tricks and tips we've shared over the years.

A quick list, but please feel free to add yours:

- Join and donate the bare minimum to get that magic gold star.  Or beg about how poor one is and grovel to get a donation from the easily gullible DUmmies
- Post quickly and early, either agreeing with the original post, typing "Kick and Recommended", or the nauseating "Send thee to the Greatest Page".  It is all about building up your post count, which seems to be a magic elixir for that joint.
- Pad your post count in the DUmp lounge.  Superfluous topics, it doesn't matter.  Pile on threads wishing someone a happy birthday, participate in movie or music discussions
- Once you reach 1,000 posts, then you have a bit of street cred to gently poke the bear
- Maintain discipline and don't write from your actual perspective.  As difficult and disgusting it is, pretend you're just as bonkers as they are.  Just flip the script about a anecdote where a moonbat liberal  did something that lefties think is stereotypical Trumpian Nazi behavior.  My favorite trick.  Dozens have been copied and pasted over the years either here or at CU

You and Frank are GODS... I bow to thee

Offline Happy Fun Ball

My personal favorite of yours or whomever created that.

Fostering liberals constant state of paranoia is always encouraged! :cheersmate:
That was from way back on CU before the first crash and before the Ron Paul fiasco. The DUmmies had a thread with a bunch of motivator type pictures, and we posted something called "We can have fun too!" and we came up with a bunch of motivators of our own. I made roughly a dozen of them, with that one being the best one.

Offline SVPete

:rotf: That "picture" is a classic! :rotf:

:tongue: I just wanted to state, I do not have a mole on DU. :tongue:  :rotf: Really ... I don't. :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

That was from way back on CU before the first crash and before the Ron Paul fiasco. The DUmmies had a thread with a bunch of motivator type pictures, and we posted something called "We can have fun too!" and we came up with a bunch of motivators of our own. I made roughly a dozen of them, with that one being the best one.

Of course I remember those glory days.  Another personal favorite creation of yours was the "impact of DUmmy boycotts on the economy" graph.

Our old CU friend Daveman did a lot of photoshop work on things, amongst others at the time.  Great stuff!