Author Topic: Why is Putin escalating attacks on the U.S. now?  (Read 586 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Why is Putin escalating attacks on the U.S. now?
« on: May 28, 2021, 09:14:21 AM »
duforsure (11,082 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215473143

Why is Putin escalating attacks on the U.S. now?

Any idea's.. Is he behind these unknown energy attacks too? Is this retaliation for preventing his hackers from getting trump elected again like he did in 2016 ? Could this be because he knows soon people taking bribes and election help in our government are about to be exposed? He has to have a reason for doing this. I've had a fear from him a full scale cyber attack , and now a unknown energy source could cripple us all if not protected. Is this his goal, escalate for a larger attack? His escalation makes me wonder , why. Is he doing this now. Is our country ready if he try's doing this? I sure hope so.

Star Member malaise (229,607 posts)

1. Why?

The attempted coup is ongoing.

:thatsright:

Star Member GoCubsGo (26,500 posts)

2. Is he escalating them?

Or, is he just getting back to the normal levels of the times when he didn't have a puppet running the show here? He was pulling this shit all the time during previous administrations not run by his syphilitic, orange gasbag. It just didn't make the news very frequently before that, and with Trump, he didn't need to do any of this. Why waste the effort and expens when Trump was destroying us from within? His toady is gone, so it's back to business as usual.

dclarston13 (85 posts)

7. Testing Biden

Lots of reasons, the first is to see how far he can push the new administration. About the Havana attacks, my theory it that Putins folks have improved the technology do the devices can be smaller and more portable. If memory serve me the first device was inside a clock or wall plaque in the old embassy in Havana. I believe there have been issues with these kinds of attacks in quite a few places over the past few decades. Where is the soccer ball that Putin gave the orange menace? Someone hopefully cut that open immediately.

Star Member Blues Heron (3,080 posts)

8. so they found the device from Havana?

what kind of ray was it kicking out? they must have analyzed it out the wazoo. Got any pics or a linky-poo?

RegularJam (427 posts)

10. Trump is no longer in office to attack the US for him.

And no, I don’t think they are buddies. Putin used his resources to help elevate Trump as a destabilizing force.

This is the perfect time for Putin to take actions we would have to respond to.

haele (10,087 posts)

13. Trying to make Biden look week.

Testing the firewalls as they're being rebuilt.
It's a way of trying to force the US to certain actions and not allowing Biden's administration time to rebuild more efficiently.

It's not that Russia has any particularly great programs to attack us with, it's that Trump's administration just gave them everything they wanted and they're in panic sabotage mode to find backdoors or holes in the new systems are being built.

Haele

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Why is Putin escalating attacks on the U.S. now?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 09:55:09 AM »
haele (10,087 posts)

13. Trying to make Biden look week.

beijing biden doesn't need anyone's help to look "week"..
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 10:24:04 AM »
LIEden oozes and drips weakness and Russia and China are taking advantage of it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 10:32:07 AM »
beijing biden doesn't need anyone's help to look "week"..
LOL. The moment I saw this thread, my immediate reaction was because the Russians know Biden is weak. Then I saw that reply. It's like a sort of confession of Biden's weakness, but spun as "the Russians are trying to make him look weak".

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 10:49:40 AM »
Dear God, put the DUmmies out of my misery.   :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 11:27:26 AM »
Putin must be mad because Biden killed the Nordstream 2 sanctions. :naughty:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 04:18:03 PM »
Why is DHS attacking the US energy grid and making it look like Russia is behind it? Are they doing it to give Biden cover for rising gas prices? Are they using it to drive gas prices higher to convince more people to buy electric vehicles? Are they doing it out of sheer hatred for the US?

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 07:57:39 AM »
Dear Lurkers, Putin is escalating attacks now because he can. What's Biden going to do?
Leaving out personal enrichment what has he ever done?