Author Topic: Well, I cannot even buy a cold can of beer at a convenient store...  (Read 1112 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
imanamerican63 (10,600 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215468845

Well, I cannot even buy a cold can of beer at a convenient store in the state of Indiana!

But I can a lethal weapon in Walmart? This is what our country is coming too? Got to love GOPer controlling Governor! They told me that I can go to liquor store and buy cold beer there. That is not a good idea! Drive my semi truck to a liquor store and then put in my truck and drive back to the truck stop! Then a cop stops me only to get hung up in tickets and lose my job cause I have liquor in my truck while I am operating a commercial vehicle!

:thatsright:

Star Member Demobrat (7,253 posts)

1. It's illegal to drink and drive.

But it’s not illegal to drink and carry a loaded gun. This is not what we’re coming to. It’s where we are.

:thatsright:

Star Member roamer65 (26,606 posts)

2. In Michigan, the BAC limit for anyone carrying a concealed pistol is 0.02

Much lower than what it is for driving. If you blow over 0.02 and have the pistol concealed you can kiss that CPL goodbye for 1-3 years or permanently if you blow 0.1 or over.

Good luck on getting the gun back as well.

:whatever:

betsuni (16,386 posts)

5. I'm sorry. Here in Japan I can buy a cold can of beer at the convenience store down the street

and sip it right out in public on the stroll back home, perfectly legal. No guns.

Star Member smirkymonkey (59,339 posts)

7. This country is insane.

Some states more than others. And our attitude toward guns is the reason. I will never get this fetish as long as I live.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Wait, you mean you can't buy beer at the convenience store?  I wonder if you can buy a firearm at the convenience store.

Lord these people are complete morons.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

Guess the "convenient" store (sic) is... not so convenient?

Offline SVPete

That six-pack, in use, makes that semi truck a lethal weapon. Deal with it.

"Open container" has been illegal in CA longer than I've been driving (RMN was POTUS when I started). imanamerican63 tried to pull a fast one and is POed the convenience store didn't let him get away with it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Word salad means what? I'm confused, other than a strange rant trying to blame Republicans.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Word salad means what? I'm confused, other than a strange rant trying to blame Republicans.

I was in Indiana working a few years ago. Convenience stores did not sell cold beer. You could buy beer, but it was  warm. Reason? It was figured if the beer was cold, the tops would be popped in the vehicle on the way home or wherever you were going.

I guess they think people don't do the same with warm beer.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I was in Indiana working a few years ago. Convenience stores did not sell cold beer. You could buy beer, but it was  warm. Reason? It was figured if the beer was cold, the tops would be popped in the vehicle on the way home or wherever you were going.

They tried to pass a law in Fla several years ago to stop selling beer where gas was sold, that went nowhere.

Star Member Demobrat (7,253 posts)

1. It's illegal to drink and drive.

But it’s not illegal to drink and carry a loaded gun. This is not what we’re coming to. It’s where we are.

Having a firearm in your vehicle does not lead to impaired driving, unless you are doing a drive by and not paying attention to where you are going. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DUmpDiver

DUmmie is PUI.

(Posting under the influence.)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

I'm old enough to remember when my Dad & Mom would carry a "low roadie".

Additionally, the alcohol laws have changed tremendously over the past decades.  Even convenience stores sell not just cold beer, but alcohol and wine.  Assume it used to be more restrictive because of old timey laws based on religion.  Not that they were necessarily bad laws, but often overly stringent.

Offline thundley4

I'm old enough to remember when my Dad & Mom would carry a "low roadie".

I have to ask. WTH is a "low roadie"?

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Well, I cannot even buy a cold can of beer at a convenient store...
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 06:21:31 PM »

Thank you.  I had the same question.   Google was no help
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 06:44:08 PM »

Perhaps it was slang amongst my parents and friends which was passed down in the Midwest.

Keeping a beer or cocktail below dashboard level.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2021, 06:54:20 PM »
Perhaps it was slang amongst my parents and friends which was passed down in the Midwest.

I remember  the flip down door for the glove compartmen on my parents Chevrolet Bel Air hasd circular indentations that were perfectly matched for their low ball cocktail glasses so I guess they carried low roadies too.  Just didn't know it
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2021, 06:59:41 PM »

Oh hell. I was still doing that in the mid 80s.  I drove over 5 miles with a county sheriff behind me and a can of beer between my legs.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2021, 07:02:41 PM »
DUmmie is PUI.

(Posting under the influence.)
No, that's the sad thing; they may well be posting sober. What's it like when they PUI? Well, some things are best left unsaid.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 01:31:13 PM »
Oh hell. I was still doing that in the mid 80s.  I drove over 5 miles with a county sheriff behind me and a can of beer between my legs.

Well, we are fellow Midwesterners after all.  Don't have enough digits on my hands and fingers to count the times I've open carried beer, back when I was young and bulletproof.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2021, 03:19:52 PM »
imanamerican63 (10,600 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215468845

Well, I cannot even buy a cold can of beer at a convenient store in the state of Indiana!

But I can a lethal weapon in Walmart? This is what our country is coming too? Got to love GOPer controlling Governor! They told me that I can go to liquor store and buy cold beer there. That is not a good idea! Drive my semi truck to a liquor store and then put in my truck and drive back to the truck stop! Then a cop stops me only to get hung up in tickets and lose my job cause I have liquor in my truck while I am operating a commercial vehicle!

First of all, you should not be drunk while driving. Second of all, one cannot buy a gun at a convenient store.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2021, 05:01:46 PM »
Well, we are fellow Midwesterners after all.  Don't have enough digits on my hands and fingers to count the times I've open carried beer, back when I was young and bulletproof.

The 70's were a different time. There were several times that me and some other people got caught with beer sitting in a McDonald's parking lot on a Friday night. Still in high school, but the cops just made us pour it out and warned us to stay off the street for the rest of the weekend.