Author Topic: It's a constant now and it doesn't have to be.  (Read 703 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
It's a constant now and it doesn't have to be.
« on: May 27, 2021, 08:44:49 AM »
Star Member AndyS (10,662 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215469947

It's a constant now and it doesn't have to be.

Yesterday 9 people killed in San Jose. In Dallas/Fort Worth and environs three police officers killed in a standoff, a man was shot by police while holding a woman at gunpoint, three people were killed in a domestic argument and I'm only mentioning the headlines not the mundane everyday violence. Mundane everyday violence? Yeah, it's a thing now.

What the **** is wrong with us? Texas just passed an open carry law that allows anyone 21 years and over to openly carry a loaded handgun with no permit, no training and no background check joining 19 other states. I repeat, What the **** is wrong with us?

It doesn't have to be this way. Even without confiscating most of the guns in civilian hands (my preferred approach) IT CAN BE FIXED.

Expand background checks to include ALL gun transfers. Open background checks to include violent misdemeanors as well as felonies. Extend those checks to local law enforcement to include social media content, interviews with family and employers/fellow employees. Require this background check to receive a 'permit to purchase' with a three month expiration date. Include in that permit to purchase a requirement for mandatory safety training and proof of liability insurance before purchase.

None of this is unconstitutional. The gunner argument against this is that it inconveniences 'Law Abiding Citizens'.

Well, I've got some news for ya, Gunner. It's damned inconvenient to stop your everyday life and plan a damn funeral.

:censored:

Star Member Diamond_Dog (19,437 posts)

1. +1000

When I buy a car, I have to go down to the BMV to get the title. And this is required even if I buy the car from a family member who lives in my house. I cannot drive said car unless I have insurance. I have to renew my driver’s license every 4 years which includes a vision screening. No one complains that this is overly burdensome. Why are gun buyers such snowflakes.

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: It's a constant now and it doesn't have to be.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 09:27:45 AM »
DUmmies think it's "safe" to discuss the VTA shooter, because of his skin color. IRL, it's looking like the guy had mental issues (bipolar, though not necessarily diagnosed as such) and a history of domestic violence. IOW, for all CA's ultra-strict gun laws and the guy  apparently being unqualified to buy a gun, he found ways to accumulate guns and ammo.

It is time Gun-Haters figured out that the "gun violence" problem is not the gun, but the man or woman pulling its trigger.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 09:42:35 AM »
Star Member Diamond_Dog (19,437 posts)

1. +1000

When I buy a car, I have to go down to the BMV to get the title. And this is required even if I buy the car from a family member who lives in my house. I cannot drive said car unless I have insurance. I have to renew my driver’s license every 4 years which includes a vision screening. No one complains that this is overly burdensome. Why are gun buyers such snowflakes.

Oh I guess the DMV is not asking for a photo ID then.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 09:46:02 AM »
Oh I guess the DMV is not asking for a photo ID then.  ::)

And doesn't check for open warrants and suspended licenses?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 11:37:41 AM »
If the laws on the books were enforced and those committing crimes with a gun were prosecuted and jailed to the fullest extent of the law, and if the libs cleaned up the ghettos they created in most of our major cities it could be fixed.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 12:27:54 PM »
If the laws on the books were enforced and those committing crimes with a gun were prosecuted and jailed to the fullest extent of the law, and if the libs cleaned up the ghettos they created in most of our major cities it could be fixed.

Exactly

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 01:16:26 PM »
Just have firearm purchasers sign a notarized document promising to to shoot anyone unless it's in self defense. :naughty:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 06:10:46 PM »
Project Exile was working to get crime under control in Richmond, VA. Well it was working until liberals decided it was racist because black people were going to federal prison for extended stays.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 09:27:55 PM »
>Star Member AndyS (10,662 posts)  It's a constant now and it doesn't have to be.

Dear AndyS(toopid), your constant reminder of your wokeIdocy is redundant and repetitious too.   Get handy Andy and make your lover a sammich filled with sweet goo instead of poking the bear.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 09:49:28 PM »
Are they sitting in a drum circle chanting "Imagine"? ::)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 10:12:06 PM »
"WE CAN TOTALLY USE LAW ENFORCEMENT STOP CRIMINALS FROM GETTING GUNS!"

~ the people who bought pot every day for decades
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 12:26:55 AM »

Expand background checks to include ALL gun transfers.

The "gun show loophole" that doesn't exist? That one?

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.