Author Topic: My niece, a teacher, broke up a knife fight today  (Read 691 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
My niece, a teacher, broke up a knife fight today
« on: May 26, 2021, 02:51:29 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215463086

I'm sure something like this would be in the news ... right?

StarfishSaver (15,584 posts)

My niece, a teacher, broke up a knife fight today

She got right in the middle of it and pulled one knife-wielding student off of a fellow student he had pinned to the ground. She then managed to move the student with the knife to another area, calmed him down down, and got him to turn over the knife.

She didn't have a gun and didn't have to shoot anyone.

Teachers across the country probably do this every week. So please spare us "the cop had to shoot to kill because s/he posed a deadly threat and the only way to stop them was to shoot them on the spot" justifications for police killing Black civilians.

Gee, I wonder what this could be a reference to .... I guess we'll never know what this race baiter is talking about.

Guess my googlefu is not very strong.  Running a search with; teacher breaks up knife fight between students just brings up something out of a Russian school, nothing in the US.  Guess it didn't make the news, OR hear me out ... it NEVER HAPPENED!   :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: My niece, a teacher, broke up a knife fight today
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 02:57:03 PM »
Cool story, liar!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 03:46:10 PM »
We know starfish saver isn't the most honest poster, even by DUmp standards, but the story is far from implausible, and depending on where it occurred, may not garner much attention.  If it's in a school, the students are likely minors, meaning few details are legally released, and in some schools, such fights are still commonplace, or at least not unusual, sadly.

fortunately, my school is more secured than others, because it's a disciplinary school, but when unarmed fights happen, there's no "move them to another area and calm them down".  There's at least one person restraining each fighter, and usually the aggressor is getting dragged to another area, cussing and yelling the whole time.  Personally, if one does have a weapon, in the interest of student, staff and my own safety, I'm likely to do something to that student to make sure they can't hold onto the weapon. 

The attempted point is still easily shot down  :tongue:  If the niece or the student had been seriously injured or even killed, wouldn't one wish an SRO (school resource officer) would have been there to put the perp down before that tragedy happened?  How about if other students jumped into the fight?  Wouldn't a good guy with a gun be better than an administrator yelling for everyone to sit down? 

Moonbats like SS don't want to realize the split second decisions that have to be made by people who protect people, be they cops, prison guards or teachers.  My money says they couldn't make such decisions, and would be frozen in fear, expecting someone else to take care of the problem.  But it's easy to sit back and armchair quarterback, especially when you're making up both sides of the events. 

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 04:03:50 PM »
We know starfish saver isn't the most honest poster, even by DUmp standards, but the story is far from implausible, and depending on where it occurred, may not garner much attention.  If it's in a school, the students are likely minors, meaning few details are legally released, and in some schools, such fights are still commonplace, or at least not unusual, sadly.

fortunately, my school is more secured than others, because it's a disciplinary school, but when unarmed fights happen, there's no "move them to another area and calm them down".  There's at least one person restraining each fighter, and usually the aggressor is getting dragged to another area, cussing and yelling the whole time.  Personally, if one does have a weapon, in the interest of student, staff and my own safety, I'm likely to do something to that student to make sure they can't hold onto the weapon. 

The attempted point is still easily shot down  :tongue:  If the niece or the student had been seriously injured or even killed, wouldn't one wish an SRO (school resource officer) would have been there to put the perp down before that tragedy happened?  How about if other students jumped into the fight?  Wouldn't a good guy with a gun be better than an administrator yelling for everyone to sit down? 

Moonbats like SS don't want to realize the split second decisions that have to be made by people who protect people, be they cops, prison guards or teachers.  My money says they couldn't make such decisions, and would be frozen in fear, expecting someone else to take care of the problem.  But it's easy to sit back and armchair quarterback, especially when you're making up both sides of the events.

CLASS!  CLASS! SHUT UP! 

Sounds like his niece may be named Sister Mary Elephant.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 04:15:28 PM »
Anybody who gets involved in a knife fight gets cut (unless they're butter knives) and is insane. 

:bouncy:
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 04:51:07 PM »
Was the teacher standing several feet away, and the student all but in the actual motion of stabbing the intended victim?

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 05:27:53 PM »
Ban all the knives
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 05:29:05 PM »
Not a credible :bouncy: unless the niece told the story from an ICU bed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 06:03:30 PM »
Kindergartners and the knife was one of those plastic ones used to spread paste.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 07:14:31 PM »
Bodycam video or it didn't happen.  :naughty:

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »
CLASS!  CLASS! SHUT UP! 

Sounds like his niece may be named Sister Mary Elephant.

If that was the case then the lying DUmbass would have told the tale of their niece disarming the knife wielding student with the yardstick she uses to dicipline her students.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 08:21:12 AM »
Ban all the knives

Britain tried, it didn't work. 

Not that such facts would stop the moonbats from trying again.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.