Author Topic: DUers Examine the Results of Democrat Policies  (Read 602 times)

Offline BamaMoose

DUers Examine the Results of Democrat Policies
« on: May 23, 2021, 04:20:04 PM »
An amazing thread where the DUmmies actually acknowledge that the implementation of "progressive" policies has made San Francisco a shithole.

Demovictory9 (18,612 posts)

San Francisco's Shoplifting Surge

Soon after moving to San Francisco in 2016, I walked into a Walgreens in North Beach to buy an electric toothbrush.

As I was paying for it, a man walked into the store, grabbed a handful of beef jerky and walked out. I looked over at an employee, who shrugged. Then I went to Safeway next door for some groceries and I saw a man stuffing three bottles of wine into a backpack and walking casually toward the exit. On his way out he bagged some snacks. I asked the Safeway clerk about the thefts.

“I’m new to San Francisco,” I said. “Is it optional to pay for things here?”

Five years later, the shoplifting epidemic in San Francisco has only worsened.

At a board of supervisors hearing last week, representatives from Walgreens said that thefts at its stores in San Francisco were four times the chain’s national average, and that it had closed 17 stores, largely because the scale of thefts had made business untenable.

Brendan Dugan, the director of the retail crime division at CVS Health, called San Francisco “one of the epicenters of organized retail crime” and said employees were instructed not to pursue suspected thieves because encounters had become too dangerous.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/San-Francisco-s-Shoplifting-Surge-16193767.php

Dream Girl (4,255 posts)

1. SF has become a hot mess.

Poop on the sidewalks, tent cities, car break ins galore...

Dial H For Hero (842 posts)

3. I've been there a few times, but not recently. It seems to have gone downhill, to put it mildly.

I have zero desire to visit it today.

eissa (4,039 posts)

10. I love SF, and hate to agree but....

It's true. We live a couple of hours east and enjoy going to the city to visit family and enjoy the city. They own a gelato shop there that is constantly broken into by the same homeless junkie. Cops say there's nothing they can do. How often can a small business owner continue to pay to fix up their place? Walgreens and Safeway can take those hits, small business owners can't and many have opted to shutter rather than tolerate this nonsense. The California Coastal Trail, a beautiful hiking path that is supposedly environmentally protected, has been taken over by shopping carts and tents, and god forbid you say anything because that would be "cruel."

eissa (4,039 posts)

12. And there it is

The exact thing many SF residents have to deal with. They can't say anything about their businesses being broken into, homeless camping out literally in front of their doorways, or avoiding whole areas like Union Square to avoid aggressive soliciting, because criticizing them is taboo. San Francisco spends more on the homeless than most major cities, but has nothing to show for it because most of homeless advocates are too busy screaming at the Mayor for the audacity of trying to clean up the city, or they're enabling addicts by handing out drug supplies (no joke) and building more encampments around the Civic Center than actually providing real help.

Dream Girl (4,255 posts)

15. Some of them are mired in their situation. Some of the do indeed criticism. I would invite you

To spend a week or so around the shit,garage, and criminality. They have trashed a beautiful city. I hate to say it, but progressive politics in the city have totally enabled them. Not taking about homeless families and other economically displaced persons. It’s the homeless who choose it as a lifestyle and come to SF with the intention of living on the streets. I really don’t care how they feel.

Dream Girl (4,255 posts)

18. It's lost all its charm. I kind of blame the homeless advocates.Yep. That's about the size of it.

jalan48 (11,695 posts)

7. They're renaming the high schools though. Priorities you know.

Raine (26,381 posts)

21. I live in Los Angeles but used to go to San Francisco every month or so

I loved it so much. It was one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I wouldn't go there now even if I was paid to go. I can't stand to even imagine what it's become. 

Star Member beaglelover (1,817 posts)

23. Los Angeles is rapidly becoming SF South.

The homelessness is out of control around where I live in NoHo. We’re escaping to the desert in a few years after living in LA since 1988.

Raine (26,381 posts)

24. Yes it is. I live in a suburb of Los Angeles along the coast

and even the suburbs are getting bad. We're looking to move out of here and toward central California within the next couple of years. Everything is getting worse, homelessness, traffic, crime etc. I lived in this area all my life but it doesn't improve it, just gets worse.

Rustyeye77 (2,101 posts)

22. Been there 2 years ago.

I couldn’t wait to leave.

The homeless and panhandling were overwhelming.
Parks were over run.
Filth everywhere.

If homeless advocates want to talk they have to take in at least 2 homeless people.

I haven’t been there but I hear Portland has its problems.

I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215452967

99% of them agree that Democrats have destroyed San Francisco and not a single post removed in the whole thread.

Offline Mary Ann

Re: DUers Examine the Results of Democrat Policies
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 04:40:36 PM »
Hortensis (45,705 posts)

8. Me neither. We have friends and still take the L.A. Times, but...

I am amazed that this got this bad, but guessing more normal levels surged into one of those unforeseen events that break the previous pattern.

Watching experts apparently didn't foresee the Republican leadership's slow-moving authoritarian takeover to leap from ass-protecting inside progress to openly throwing open the doors to the mobs.

In any case, from what I've read about SF's, the crime-busters are now taking it seriously. Organized crime.

Crazy times.
Well, because they're DUpipo you know they are going to blame the Rs somehow.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 05:32:45 PM »
It's amusing that the thread was started by a DUmmy named demovictory
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 05:48:07 PM »
Who built that so called utopia?  Lemme see...Democrats and their ridiculous policies perhaps?

Just asking.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 05:52:34 PM »
It's republicans' fault for not beating the dems in elections.  :whatever:

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 07:07:14 PM »
It's republicans' fault for not beating the dems in elections.  :whatever:

Kind of hard to do when the Dems have become so proficient at vote harvesting in CA.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 07:45:30 PM »
 :ownit:

OMG, talk about lack of self-awareness. Decades of Democrat Party rule have turned a quirky but mostly beautiful city into the Shit-Hole of the West! I've avoided SF unless for a good reason for decades. It's ironic to see DU-folk admitting they also avoid it.

:ownit:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 12:09:07 AM »
The DUmmys suck best when they admit their suck.   The DUmp sucks their best when they evacuate any honesty they may show or hide.  Any expression the DUmp shares is always negative so math is against any gain they hope for.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 05:50:15 AM »
If homeless  illegal immigrant advocates want to talk they have to take in at least 2 homeless people illegal immigrants.

Fixed it for the DUmmie.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 07:16:38 AM »
The effects of liberal policies staring them right in the face and they do nothing but deny, deny, deny. Individuals that nuts can’t be convinced of anything they aren’t already pre-programmed to believe.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 09:17:11 AM »
Fixed it for the DUmmie.

While that would be salutary, SF's big issue, going back over two decades, is with bums crapping and pissing in streets and on sidewalks, dumping their needle-exchange needles wherever they drop them, harassing and attacking passersby, and sleeping in business entry doors or all over SF parks. The problem of bums shoplifting or smashing-and-grabbing stuff from cars is more recent, dating to the passage of Proposition 47, which raised the $$ threshold for a theft being classified as a felony.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 10:34:19 AM »
Fixed it for the DUmmie.

Great fixing!  :clap: :clap:
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2021, 11:52:20 AM »
Well, at least they're being honest, for the most part.  I'm just surprised there are any businesses left there.  How could you possibly operate like that? 

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2021, 02:01:55 PM »
While that would be salutary, SF's big issue, going back over two decades, is with bums crapping and pissing in streets and on sidewalks, dumping their needle-exchange needles wherever they drop them, harassing and attacking passersby, and sleeping in business entry doors or all over SF parks.

When I was serving at Castle AFB in Central California in 1983, my mom and sister visited me for a long weekend.  While they were visiting we drove to San Francisco to sightsee and reserved a hotel to stay overnight.  Can't remember the hotel but it was in a part of the city that was in good shape.  We decided to walk from the hotel to Fisherman's wharf and on the walk encountered alot of empty and broken bottles and several sleeping or passed out street people and one who was sitting upright but had wet himself and had a stream running from his pants down the sidewalk..  That kinda put a damper on our nice weekend to the city by the bay.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020