Author Topic: I almost decked my anti vax brother and his wife  (Read 871 times)

Offline Mary Ann

I almost decked my anti vax brother and his wife
« on: May 23, 2021, 02:45:27 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215459102
ripcord (1,897 posts)

My brother and his wife are rabid anti vaxxers and Friday my sister in law was snooping in my 20 year old niece's room and found her covid vaccination record. When she came home they both went off on her and some of the things they said were really horrible but the upshot of it is that they threw her out and cut off her off just as she is finishing her sophomore year in college. She headed to my mom's house but she was worried that my brother and his wife would come harass her there so she came to live in my garage apartment. My mom contacted my sister and we are all going to make sure my niece finishes her schooling and my mom informed my brother of this and my niece informed them she does want them in her life, this was done by text to keep the screaming down. That asshole had the nerve to drive 4 hours to my place with intent of forcing his daughter, who he threw out, to come home. My place is fenced and they weren't about to try and get past the dogs so he called my niece from the gate and demanded she come out, he got me in a highly pissed off state instead. I told both of them that if they continued to harass her we could get a restraining order against them, she would be living here but they weren't welcome unless she invited them and if I ever hear them raise their voices to her again I will kick the ever loving shit out of both of them.

I wish there was a better place for her to stay, living around a crotchety old man in the middle of the desert probably won't be that fun for her. At least I have good internet so she can finish school online and I am probably the best one to keep her parents from ruining her life anymore than they already have.
Bounce, bounce, bounce . . .

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I almost decked my anti vax brother and his wife
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 02:52:05 PM »
What is it with the primitives always saying "rabid" anti-vaxxers?

I'm sure the greatest majority of those described thus are indifferent or only mildly against vaccinations.

This "rabid" stuff reminds me of how the primitives classify people who say grace over the Thanksgiving turkey and go to church on Easter as "fundies."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »
 :badass:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 04:05:24 PM »
It is such a weird and polarized society that we reside in.

Whatever happened to "my body, my choice"?  Apparently out the window when it comes to the Wuhan.

In casual conversation, folks that I know a bit will talk about whether they've taken the vaccinations.  People on both sides of their political persuasion have their own reason for not doing so.  Of which, I respect their individual decision.

For most liberal hacks, this would be stunning information other than relying on their trope that conservatives aren't taking it.  There is no law, nor should there be to disclose one's vaccination status.  So what that House Republicans won't tell Bela Pelosi that they've gotten the shot or not?  Tough saggy t*tties, you crazy loon.  Pure political posturing to further the narrative.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »
Cool story, bro.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 07:14:15 PM »

I'm sure the greatest majority of those described thus are indifferent or only mildly against vaccinations.

Thanks Frank.

I am most definitely not a "rabid" anti-vaxxer, bit still leery of the new vaccines.  They are experimental, for emergency use only, & still not FDA approved ...

And unless I am mistaken, you can not hold them accountable for any serious adverse reactions to the jabs? What is the *reason* for that then, huh?

All the above being said, Mr. ABC is vaccinated up one side & down the other against everything going these days ,  :-)  which is his prerogative ... I still wear my mask in public where and when required  & friends & family know that I am still on the fence about being  vaccinated.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:17:54 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 08:27:53 PM »
If you almost decked your bouncy brother then I'd say you're the rabid one.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 08:49:39 PM »
Pfizer has begun the process that will in a few weeks result in full, not Emergency Use, approval. Moderna will probably begin that process soon. So "experimental" will soon be incorrect for both vaccines.

So, the :bouncy: ... the DU-member's niece is a legal adult, and was living in her parents' house. Their house, their rules. I'm far from an anti-vaxxer, and having received both Pfizer doses, not vaccine hesitant. That said, the parents' house, the parents' rules. However foolish the DU-member may think the parents' action of throwing out their daughter, he should have limited his actions to asisisting the daughter. I suspect that both the daughter and the DU-member contributed a great deal of foolishness that escalated the situation to the daughter getting kicked out and the confrontation at the DU member's house. Assuming all that happened, of course.

How plausible? Hard-core anti-vaxxers have some real crazies among them. They seriously believe, variously: that mRNA vaccines reprogam recipients' DNA; vaccines actually make recipients more likely to get Covid; that recipients shed Covid viruses; that recipients shed dangerous virus spikes. I don't cruise anti-vax sites for their latest stupidity, those are all claims I've seen posted on conservative discussion sites, and I've probably forgotten a couple. So it is possible that the parents are really that kind of crazy, though a DUmmies would probably regard someone vaccine hesitant to be an anti-vaxxer. As for the extreme reactions, DUmmies amply demonstrate what anger, hatred, and fear can do.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:51:56 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 01:02:39 AM »
Thanks Frank.

I am most definitely not a "rabid" anti-vaxxer, bit still leery of the new vaccines.  They are experimental, for emergency use only, & still not FDA approved ...

And unless I am mistaken, you can not hold them accountable for any serious adverse reactions to the jabs? What is the *reason* for that then, huh?

All the above being said, Mr. ABC is vaccinated up one side & down the other against everything going these days ,  :-)  which is his prerogative ... I still wear my mask in public where and when required  & friends & family know that I am still on the fence about being  vaccinated.

I'm vaxed... as a nurse; it's honestly just easier than hearing the BS from admin. As a retired Soldier the Army has already put so many different vaccines and pills into my body.. I'm like f*ck it... what's one more.

As to anyone else; their choice...

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 09:06:11 AM »

This "rabid" stuff reminds me of how the primitives classify people who say grace over the Thanksgiving turkey and go to church on Easter as "fundies."

Dehumanizing their opponents, painting them as extreme, unreasonable, and using a nice, big brush so that it covers anyone with any slight disagreement.  Helps to bolster their feeling of correctness, just like every time the topic of investigating the 2020 elections come up, every mainstream talking head make sure to throw in "unproven" or "disproved" allegation of voter fraud.

Rabid also indicates the only option is to play Old Yeller with the opponent, since there's no cure or therapy, feeding the moonbats desire to violently kill off any who dare oppose their perfect ways.   

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 09:38:08 AM »
Dehumanizing their opponents, painting them as extreme, unreasonable, and using a nice, big brush so that it covers anyone with any slight disagreement.  ...

This is why the DU OP account cannot be believed at face value. The supposedly anti-vax brother and wife might be every bit as crazy as some of the ideas I mentioned in my post yesterday. Or they might simply be unsure about the safety and/or effectiveness of the vaccines. We can't guess, because to a DUmmie both are the same (even though back last September and October DUmmie-Orthodoxy was that the Trump vaccines could not be trusted to be safe and effective).

One occasional upside to DUmmies' demonization of anything not party-line is that it leads to very :popcorn: ing infighting and occasionally to purges.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 01:26:11 PM »
This is why the DU OP account cannot be believed at face value. The supposedly anti-vax brother and wife might be every bit as crazy as some of the ideas I mentioned in my post yesterday. Or they might simply be unsure about the safety and/or effectiveness of the vaccines. We can't guess, because to a DUmmie both are the same (even though back last September and October DUmmie-Orthodoxy was that the Trump vaccines could not be trusted to be safe and effective).

One occasional upside to DUmmies' demonization of anything not party-line is that it leads to very :popcorn: ing infighting and occasionally to purges.

DU, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, pretty much the whole internet at this point.  I read too much click bait about comic books, wrestling, sci-fi stuff and many of those "did you know" and "hidden facts" are so far out of context or missing so much detail that they don't really say what they claim.  Same thing happens in many of these bouncies, and sadly, many "news" and even opinion pieces. 

I'll wander down some rabbit holes about the garbage that is spewed as "news" and the occasional bouncy, just for my own amusement/education, but often get disgusted with how there is a lack of data to support or refute claims, or how the information, usually refuting claims, is buried and obfuscated. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2021, 02:21:30 PM »
If you almost decked your bouncy brother then I'd say you're the rabid one.

My question to this moron is, well...why didn't you just deck him if he p*ssed you off that much?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 03:22:36 PM »
ripcord (1,897 posts)

My brother and his wife are rabid anti vaxxers and Friday my sister in law was snooping in my 20 year old niece's room and found her covid vaccination record. When she came home they both went off on her and some of the things they said were really horrible but the upshot of it is that they threw her out and cut off her off just as she is finishing her sophomore year in college. She headed to my mom's house but she was worried that my brother and his wife would come harass her there so she came to live in my garage apartment. My mom contacted my sister and we are all going to make sure my niece finishes her schooling and my mom informed my brother of this and my niece informed them she does want them in her life, this was done by text to keep the screaming down. That asshole had the nerve to drive 4 hours to my place with intent of forcing his daughter, who he threw out, to come home. My place is fenced and they weren't about to try and get past the dogs so he called my niece from the gate and demanded she come out, he got me in a highly pissed off state instead. I told both of them that if they continued to harass her we could get a restraining order against them, she would be living here but they weren't welcome unless she invited them and if I ever hear them raise their voices to her again I will kick the ever loving shit out of both of them.

I wish there was a better place for her to stay, living around a crotchety old man in the middle of the desert probably won't be that fun for her. At least I have good internet so she can finish school online and I am probably the best one to keep her parents from ruining her life anymore than they already have.

That is not nice.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2021, 04:08:55 PM »
My question to this moron is, well...why didn't you just deck him if he p*ssed you off that much?

Because he wouldn't be the hero in his fairy tale to the DUmbasses if he resorted to violence like a RWNJ would.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe