Author Topic: Could Trump know important state secrets that he's using as leverage  (Read 553 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
ansible (1,381 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215454923

Could Trump know important state secrets that he's using as leverage to not get imprisoned?

The lack of any push to imprison him even after something as bad as 1/6 makes me wonder this. Presidents are supposed to be privileged to certain important state secrets, could he be using that as leverage?

:whatever:

Eliot Rosewater (26,903 posts)

4. There is no "lack" of anything, justice takes time. Plus, he is literally too dumb to know what is valuable state secrets and what are not.

keithbvadu2 (20,762 posts)

7. IIRC, Trump cancelled Obama's security clearance.

IIRC, Trump cancelled Obama's security clearance.

But he overrode the intelligence community to give a security clearance to Jared.

Jared, who considered a sc to be a license to sell our country's secrets.

::)

RockRaven (8,474 posts)

10. First, the current administration won't negotiate with a traitor under those terms.

Secondly, the former guy was infamously disinterested in details, doing the job properly, etc. Remember the single page briefings, the bullet points, the pictures, the references to himself needed just to get him to sit through a briefing? Also remember that people preparing briefings held back things, using his preferences as an excuse. He knows a ****-ton less than Obama, Bush, or Clinton did upon their leaving the office. Not nothing, but not so much.

Third, he's such a ****ing liar/blowhard/bullshitter that no foreign intelligence service would make a decision or take an action based on something he says, even if he swears it's a true supersecret. What he's offering is trash, even if it happens to be real, because of who he is.

If somebody is going to try this maneuver, and thinks they can blackmail the DOJ... Well, I think Jared is much more likely to be the one. He had access to just about everything, he's corrupt as ****, he's astonishingly arrogant and entitled -- so far all like Dolt45 -- but he's not the doddering bloviator his father-in-law is so he might plausibly have a customer lined up for his info. But I don't think the DOJ would blink with Jared either.

:mental:

Star Member Takket (14,342 posts)

12. i doubt it

we're talking about a guy who couldn't be bothered with the daily briefings and chose to spend him time instead watching faux noise and reading the positive newspaper clippings his staff somehow found and put in a folder for him. i think most of the civilian hierarchy in the white house kept away anything of value from him because they knew it went straight to putin.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Sometimes the best and proper answer to a Prog's claim or "brilliant" idea is, "That's stupid!" That thread is one of those times.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

and DJT is still living rent free in their tiny little minds...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

and DJT is still living rent free in their tiny little minds...

Since their minds - if they have one - are uncluttered by knowledge and thought, that's probably a pretty capacious space. :rimshot:  :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Since their minds - if they have one - are uncluttered by knowledge and thought, that's probably a pretty capacious space. :rimshot:  :bolt:
And they had to drop rent to zero, since no one wants to live there.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I've always been very concerned that Barack Obama, as a courtesy to a former president, is let in on national security secrets and then blabs them to his pals, most of them enemies and even viable threats to the United States.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ADsOutburst

Trump knows all your secrets, DU. The reeducation camps are being built as we speak.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I've always been very concerned that Barack Obama, as a courtesy to a former president, is let in on national security secrets and then blabs them to his pals, most of them enemies and even viable threats to the United States.

John F-ING Kerry as well. Lurch clearly hates America and would fess up to anything and everything to help our enemies.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

The lack of any push to imprison him even after something as bad as 1/6 makes me wonder this.

Something "as bad as 1/6?" What crime did he commit?