Author Topic: There is a Scant Bit of Sanity in the Dental Community After All  (Read 414 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Back in March 2020 or so, I was scheduled to go in for a routine dental cleaning. The dentist office insisted on a myriad of "protective measures" which included the following idiotic and stupid steps:

• Call the dentist office from the parking lot to announce that you had arrived.
  • Enter the office only when invited, wearing a mask.
  • Review and sign a bunch of documents, agreeing to abide by the rules of the dentist office. Foremost among these was not having a cold, fever, or be sick in any way.
  • Submit to a temperature check.
  • Wash hands, making sure to turn off the faucet handles using the towel with which you dried your hands.
  • Don latex gloves.
  • Proceed to the examination and treatment room.

I refused to follow this chicanery and canceled my appointment 20 minutes before.

Fast forward to yesterday. I called that same office and asked what the current protocols were regarding Covid, given the recent announcement from the CDC ( :whatever:). In short, the procedure was still the same. When Debbie (who has worked for this dentist for the past 45 years) said that the lobby was still closed and that it had always been a requirement for patients to wear masks, I flat out told her she was wrong. I'd been in that office at least 3 times in the past 4 years and not once was I ever asked to wear a mask, much less go through the bullshit she was now demanding.

She insisted that the office is a "medical" office and that they were going to stick with their protocols. She also insisted that other dentist offices in the area were likely to have the same procedures.

Fine, I said. Have a nice day.

I immediately conducted a search for another dentist, found one, and called the office. I asked if the dentist was accepting new patients and Wendy answered yes. Fine, I said, but I have an important question I'd like an answer to before anything else is said. She said okay.

I asked what their procedures entailed FOR FULLY VACCINATED PEOPLE regarding Covid. Wendy replied, rather hesitantly, that they had just that morning had a meeting about this and the upshot is, it's up to the patient whether or not to wear a mask. IOW, "patient's discretion." No mention of any of the other silliness I outlined above.

I congratulated Wendy that that was the answer I was looking for and that I'd like to make an appointment for routine care. No issues at present, just a cleaning.

After a few more details, the appointment was made and I can now secure regular dental care without going through the bullshit that my previous dentist office insisted on.

We are slowly coming back to sanity, but there will always be those who cling to their insanity. That's okay; I'll vote with my feet and my wallet.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: There is a Scant Bit of Sanity in the Dental Community After All
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 12:43:46 PM »
Up until a few days ago my dentist was 1, 2 & 4 Sitting in your car in the Florida heat or running your engine to keep cool while you wait for an indeterminate time is unreasonable to me and I made my feelings on this clear to the staff and the dentist. When I went in a couple of days ago they have relaxed the bull shit.

I am old but in good health and have not really been to careful with the sanitizer or masking. Up to this point I have not gotten sick. I stopped wearing a mask a couple of weeks ago and noticed there are a lot of others sick of them as well.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 02:20:29 PM »
Up until a few days ago my dentist was 1, 2 & 4 Sitting in your car in the Florida heat or running your engine to keep cool while you wait for an indeterminate time is unreasonable to me and I made my feelings on this clear to the staff and the dentist. When I went in a couple of days ago they have relaxed the bull shit.

I am old but in good health and have not really been to careful with the sanitizer or masking. Up to this point I have not gotten sick. I stopped wearing a mask a couple of weeks ago and noticed there are a lot of others sick of them as well.

Glad that worked well for you. I note that Florida, perhaps more than most states, has been a voice of reason in this entire Covid "protection" fraud. Gov. DeSantis hasn't mandated anything -- only the individual businesses. That is their right, and I suppose that there are some people who are so frightened they'll adopt this illusion of "protection," but there are plenty of others like us who will gravitate toward reason and normalcy. When those businesses who adhere to the panic begin losing customers, maybe they'll get a clue -- but I'm not betting on it. There's plenty of stupidity on this planet.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 06:25:19 AM »
The 2 main big box stores here are Publix and Walmart, both have signs up and walmart plays an announcement telling you to follow cdc guidelines and state mandates. But in both places the ones with masks are the minority.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!