Author Topic: I don't think rap is super popular around here, but..  (Read 715 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
I don't think rap is super popular around here, but..
« on: May 17, 2021, 12:47:09 PM »
how about a Christian, MAGA, 2nd Amendment supporting rapper calling out twitter and facebook for their wokeness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQWEX58gSCE

Bryson Gray is the rapper #CensorMe is the song.

Checked him out on Spotify, pretty good stuff, leans heavily to the new school of hip hop that I'm not real big on, but he's talking the right messages, which i think should be supported, at least with a few clicks and searches.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: I don't think rap is super popular around here, but..
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 01:59:44 AM »
Rap or hip hop is a cultural expression rather than an example of what I call "music."

By definition, music has to have three elements - melody, harmony, rhythm. Most examples of rap or hip fail in the melody and/or the harmony aspects.

To each his own and for those who enjoy rap or hip hop, hey, go for it. Not my cup of tea at all, especially when the "cultural expression" involves violence to cops, women, or people. And if the rapper is cutting across the culture with a different message extolling something besides the common "message" associated with rap, all the better.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 07:09:12 PM »

To each his own and for those who enjoy rap or hip hop, hey, go for it. Not my cup of tea at all, especially when the "cultural expression" involves violence to cops, women, or people.

Couldn't agree more with you Mr. E  :hi5:

And besides that, the music does nothing for me ...

Can't dance to it  (big minus!) plus they speak so quickly most of the time, I can't  keep up with it, nor do I care to do so!  :-)

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 07:32:55 PM »
how about a Christian, MAGA, 2nd Amendment supporting rapper calling out twitter and facebook for their wokeness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQWEX58gSCE

Bryson Gray is the rapper #CensorMe is the song.

Checked him out on Spotify, pretty good stuff, leans heavily to the new school of hip hop that I'm not real big on, but he's talking the right messages, which i think should be supported, at least with a few clicks and searches.

"but he's talking the right messages, which i think should be supported, at least with a few clicks and searches."

OK, I clicked on it,  &  hopefully, as Rush would have said, the young folks with "minds full of mush" will take it to heart.

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)