Author Topic: I predict another surge in cases and deaths within the next 60 days.  (Read 3031 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member MineralMan (137,809 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215439281

With only about 36% of people fully vaccinated, nationwide, I predict another surge in cases and deaths within the next 60 days.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Masks on, as far as I'm concerned.

Minnesota has pretty good vaccination coverage, one of the best in the nation, except that people of color have a much lower vaccination rate than white folks. Much lower.

I think unmasking is premature. However, I'm not an epidemiologist, nor a doctor, so what do I know?

Star Member madaboutharry (36,019 posts)

1. Actually, I think you know a lot MineralMan.

Dr. Fauci repeatedly has said that the vaccinated are safe.

I also think that all those mask/vaccine deniers are going to get each other sick.

And I am still worried about the variants, though the scientists say the vaccine is holding up agains them.

Star Member MiniMe (19,623 posts)

2. I think the people who won't wear masks are the ones who have been bitching and moaning

about masks since the beginning. I will continue to wear one, I don't trust the assholes

Star Member JI7 (84,281 posts)

4. The no masks thing is only for those who are vaccinated

They are still saying people who haven't been vaccinated need to wear a mask.

7. But will they? I am not convinced that they will.

Vaccinations are slowing down. Either people are refusing or are having problem accessing vaccinations. Nationwide, with only about 36% fully vaccinated, we are not doing all that well. That is especially true in red states and rural areas.

It is a cause for concern, I believe.

magicarpet (10,658 posts)

6. 36%,... I thought it would be closer to 60% by now.

With the no mask declarations, people wanting this over, desire to make up for lost freedumbs during Covid, this summer will be an explosion of get togethers and party hearty crowd...... then late summer and come next fall there will be another explosion of Covid cases and deaths.

Star Member SoonerPride (9,871 posts)

11. Any surge in death will be among the unvaccinated

Natural selection is a thing.

Star Member Yavin4 (32,555 posts)

14. Texas eliminated all masks mandates and social distancing back on March 2.

There have been no surges in cases, hospitalizations, or deaths since then. In fact, all major stats have seen the same stark declines as the national numbers.

Florida did the same, and there was talk about a huge surge after Spring Break. There weren't any surges there as well. Their numbers declined as well.

:popcorn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

With only about 36% of people fully vaccinated, nationwide, I predict another surge in cases and deaths within the next 60 days.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Masks on, as far as I'm concerned.
Then stay the **** home, hiding behind your shuttered windows and locked doors with 4 masks on as you play keyboard commander trying to dictate to others to ignore the recommendations of the cdc and continue to wear the woketard mask of submission.

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Believe the science until it doesn’t fit our narrative, then don’t believe the science.

Liberals are such hypocrites.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

With >47% of the US population having had at least one dose (a single dose of Pfizer or Moderna is about as efficacious as the single-dose J&J) and another 8% of the US population having immunity from having recovered, I think reality will obstinately not conform to MM's hopes. BTW, until 7 days ago, ~30% of the US population was not allowed to receive a Covid vaccine, but Pfizer got their EUA extended to include 12-15YOs. That's ~30% of the US population of whose status MM is ignorant.

Someone needs to bump MM's thread on July 17th to post whatever reality turns out to be. Other than a small-moderate bump in late March and early April, US daily new cases numbers started falling precipitously on January 8th and then steadily.

BTW, MM is not alone in his hopes for a new surge soon. CDC "experts" predicted one would happen in May, https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-infections-vaccines-variants-cc1d83ed-6523-43d9-9032-91b2ba08cb37.html . In the real world, US daily new cases numbers are still falling.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals

There have been no surges in cases, hospitalizations, or deaths since then. In fact, all major stats have seen the same stark declines as the national numbers.

Florida did the same, and there was talk about a huge surge after Spring Break. There weren't any surges there as well. Their numbers declined as well.

Considering the thing has about a 5 day incubation period, you can stop hoping now.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
The Left is going to milk this for all it's worth, and then when the well is dry, conveniently forget all their wrong disaster predictions, moving along to the next shiny object.  It looks as if this one will run dry, as opposed to the ever-shifting pollution/ozone hole/global warming/climate change cow that they keep tweaking for further oppression and government control. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

DUpipo being gnat strainers, FL experienced and small bump in daily new cases in late March and in April, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/ . Probably Spring Break imports. But the big picture is that new cases have been declining in FL significantly and almost uninterruptedly since January 7. TX daily new cases, OTOH, started plummeting on January 13th and has been declining ever since, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/ .

Star Member Yavin4 probably won't be thanked for injecting that unpleasant dose of reality.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The Left is going to milk this for all it's worth, and then when the well is dry, conveniently forget all their wrong disaster predictions, moving along to the next shiny object.  It looks as if this one will run dry, as opposed to the ever-shifting pollution/ozone hole/global warming/climate change cow that they keep tweaking for further oppression and government control.

Yep, never let a crisis go to waste.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Then stay the **** home, hiding behind your shuttered windows and locked doors with 4 masks on as you play keyboard commander trying to dictate to others to ignore the recommendations of the cdc and continue to wear the woketard mask of submission.

And if they do venture outside their bubble wearing 9 masks, the rest of us know who to ridicule (to ourselves or friends, perhaps to them directly) as to who the weaklings in our society are.

Screw 'em, you damn wimps. Grow a pair and be an freaking adult rather than displaying your mental midgetry.

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
Texas reported zero Covid deaths yesterday but many business, cities and people in general are still masked up.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: I predict another surge in cases and deaths within the next 60 days.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 02:35:51 PM »
Quote from:
EarlG

24. The fact is, until the vaccines became widely available, masking and distancing were the only options available to protect oneself and others. And they weren't even very good options. I know that I personally never felt secure spending just 30 minutes in the grocery store even while double masked.

Lord Marblehead <———— What a woosy!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »
EarlG

24. The fact is, until the vaccines became widely available, masking and distancing were the only options available to protect oneself and others. And they weren't even very good options. I know that I personally never felt secure spending just 30 minutes in the grocery store even while double masked.

Good Lord, what a paranoid!

I've mentioned before that recovered from Covid, at the end of last January. I did not get Covid from a rando person in a grocery store, I got it while twice in a car for 10 minutes with a person who did not know she was infected. She got it while in a car for 15 minutes with a friend who did not know she was infected.

Rando people spread out in a grocery store are fairly low risk, unless one goes full mask-Nazi in the grill of an unmasked person who happens not to have symptoms yet. I was the primary family member doing grocery shopping for my family for 10 months and never got infected at stores.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 04:04:41 PM by SVPete »

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 05:02:02 PM »
With only about 36% of people fully vaccinated, nationwide, I predict another surge in cases and deaths within the next 60 days. Hopefully it will be all liberals and progressives.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Masks on, as far as I'm concerned. If you knew how to think you would have a much lower post count. You are just a loser :loser: :loser: :loser:

Minnesota has pretty good vaccination coverage, one of the best in the nation, except that people of color have a much lower vaccination rate than white folks. Much lower.
That really sounds RACIST. Perhaps this is a left wing plot to decimate the black population like planned parenthood, run by left wing liberals. Conceived by a modern day margaret sanger.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 11:52:09 PM »

Given that Dummies are wrong pretty much 100% of the time this is good news and means there will be a drop in cases and deaths.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2021, 02:09:49 PM »

Given that Dummies are wrong pretty much 100% of the time this is good news and means there will be a drop in cases and deaths.

Of course, they're never right.

Noticed that Decrepit Joe walked into the Ford plant today (I think) and was still wearing a mask.  My theory on why he's doing that:

He's telling the sheep leftists that it's OK to keep wearing their mask.  Liberals are totally insecure and are petrified of absolutely everything.  Personally, I'm going to laugh at people who cling to their masks.  Haven't been to a grocery store yet since the announcement, but going tomorrow night, the first time in nearly a year that I'm not going to wear one at this store.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2021, 03:57:08 PM »
Of course, they're never right.

Noticed that Decrepit Joe walked into the Ford plant today (I think) and was still wearing a mask.  My theory on why he's doing that:

He's telling the sheep leftists that it's OK to keep wearing their mask.  Liberals are totally insecure and are petrified of absolutely everything.  Personally, I'm going to laugh at people who cling to their masks.  Haven't been to a grocery store yet since the announcement, but going tomorrow night, the first time in nearly a year that I'm not going to wear one at this store.

my theory on the imposter in chief clinging to the mask is he has absolutely zero idea what to do regarding the chi-vi but feels he needs to do something to show he is taking "positive steps forward" to rid the nation of this evil virus that came here because Orange Man bad who didn't wear a mask when he was the President.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 06:25:09 PM »
It's almost the end of May, almost 1/4 of the way into MM's prophesied 60 days. And nor surge in cases or deaths, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ .

Meanwhile, over 40% of the US population is fully vaccinated, and over 50% have received at least one dose (one dose of Moderna or Pfizer is similar in effectiveness to the single-dose J&J vaccine),
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations . In addition to this, ~8.4% of the US population are known to have recovered, and many other people were either asymptomatic or simply gutted it out without getting tested. The US is in or close to herd immunity. And every single dose injected and every single dose in storage waiting to be used was purchased by Trump, before LIEden was inaugurated.

Other than the drop in confidence in the vaccines due to the bungling of the J&J vaccine pause, nothing LIEden has done has meaningfully affected the ongoing vaccination effort

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021, 07:13:22 PM »
And Karl Rove will be indicted in 24 business hours...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2021, 09:00:41 AM »
Well, unlike the CDC "experts", https://www.axios.com/covid-variants-cdc-surge-may-july-25e75c6e-f273-4e3c-98d9-39f404a56fa0.html , MM's predicted surge isn't late yet, but I'm bumping this thread so it's easier to find. And posting the reasons I think MM's and the experts' prediction is likely to fail.

Every day 1-2 million Americans receive a vaccine injection. Some are receiving their second, and some are receiving their first (or only). That's a trend that bodes poorly for MM's and the CDC's hopes. Every day 10s of thousands of Americans beat the virus. Those are 10s of thousands a day who are immune from the virus and won't be spreading the virus, another trend against MM's hopes. BTW, those two statistics links I posted above are updated more or less daily.

Unlike MM and the CDC "experts", I won't make a prediction. Between the witnesses' repeated failed date-setting predictions of Armageddon and the Enviros' multiplied failed Enviro-geddon predictions I don't set dates. That said, MM's and the CDC experts' prediction is looking increasingly unlikely.

I plan to bump this thread occasionally in the next couple of months just in case someone wants to remind MM of his success or "success". I'm so helpful, :-) .

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2021, 12:22:57 PM »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2021, 11:56:44 AM »
DUmmies, the masks don't shite. Also, I was in close proximity to my infected boss back in late Sept. I was within 6 ft. or less for 30 min, no mask. He stayed home sick the very next day. I NEVER GOT IT.

Oh, DUmmies, how about the people self quarantining themselves that STILL contracted the dreaded  covid?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2021, 04:01:22 PM »
MM claimed his 97-year-old father died of covid, Campbell is obsessed with this virus and that he has recently bought a new house IN CASH with some of the proceeds of his inheirtance.

Just another pompous windbag like malaise. And like Christine, he's also almost always wrong in his predictions.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2021, 05:09:43 PM »
IIRC, his father was basically pushed over the edge he was already at, And then his mother died shortly after from her own health problems (Alzheimers?). MM is very close to playing victim, "Trump killed my father!"

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2021, 11:22:00 AM »
Still no surge of new cases or of deaths, daily new cases and deaths still falling in the US, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ .