Author Topic: Facing a Year in Prison for Smirking While Stomping a Back the Blue sign  (Read 468 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215611487

Just 2 things from me; what if it was a gay pride flag?  And when did y’all decide smirking want a crime?  Y’all wanted the Covington high boy crucified!

Bucky
Facing a Year in Prison for Smirking While Stomping a Back the Blue sign

Link: Salt Lake Tribune

A 19-year-old woman was charged with a hate crime after allegedly “stomping on a ‘Back the Blue’ sign” at a gas station in Panguitch.

According to the affidavit of probable cause, a Garfield County police officer was conducting a traffic stop for speeding at a gas station when the officer saw a woman “stomping on a ‘Back the Blue’ sign next to where the traffic stop was conducted, crumble it up in a destructive manner and throw it into a trash can all while smirking in an intimidating manner towards me.”

The officer writes they asked the woman where she had gotten the sign, and she stated it was her mother’s. According to the affidavit, the officer told the woman that the local Sheriff’s Office produced those specific signs and that they believed “she had acquired it in our community"...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Picking up from where Bucky ended his/her quote:

After reading the woman her Miranda rights, the officer stated she gave “inconsistent stories” about where she found the sign, eventually stating she found it on the ground.

“Due to [the woman] destroying property that did not belong to her in a manner to attempt to intimidate law enforcement, I placed her under arrest,” the affidavit says.

According to the affidavit, the allegations are being treated as a “hate crime enhanced allegation” due to “the demeanor displayed by [the woman] in attempts to intimidate law enforcement while destroying a ‘Pro Law Enforcement’ sign.”

The Utah Code states a person who commits any primary offense — such as misdemeanor property destruction — with the intent to “intimidate or terrorize another person or with reason to believe that his action would intimidate or terrorize that person” is subject to a class B misdemeanor primary offense becoming a class A misdemeanor.

1. The woman told multiple stories about where she got the sign, evidence that she possessed stolen property.

2. She did the destruction of the sign very demonstratively near where the police officer was conducting a traffic stop, evidence that it was done as a threat to the officer or to intimidate the officer.

Sometimes jackassery has consequences.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

Buckeye_Democrat (12,535 posts)

6. I agree that it's authoritarian BS.

I'd like to see several "feelings" laws stricken from the books.

This had nothing to do with feelings.  She lied to Law Enforcement when questioned about where she got the flag. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
I thought the DUmpasses considered "smirking" worthy of the death penalty?

Offline ADsOutburst

Like clockwork. Leftists/news outlets give us a version of events, and it turns out there is a backstory that turns the original version of events on its head.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
If it can be shown the sign belonged to someone else who did not consent to its removal and destruction, charge her with theft and vandalism.

I don't care about the smirking. It's an absurd charge.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BamaMoose

Or if it's a BLM banner:

Zorro (12,876 posts)

'I am not ashamed of what I did': Proud Boys leader admits burning church's Black Lives Matter sign

The leader of the Proud Boys says he is “not ashamed” of burning a Washington DC church’s Black Lives Matter sign.

The right wing group’s chairman Enrique Tarrio says he was responsible for setting the banner on fire after a MAGA rally in the city last weekend.

The disturbing incident is being investigated as a potential hate crime and a religious leader has compared it to “cross burnings.”

The BLM sign was taken from the Asbury United Methodist Church, one of the oldest Black churches in Washington DC, during a night of violence after the pro-Trump rally.

Mr Tarrio took to conservative social media site Parler to post a picture of himself and other men using lighters to torch the sign. 

SoonerPride (10,270 posts)

1. Of course he's not ashamed. He's a racist sociopath.

Maybe a couple years in prison will help him think about his values. 

farmbo (3,048 posts)

4. What's left to investigate? He confessed. Arrest the SOB!

Criminal trespass, arson, inciting riot, malicious destruction of property...
put him in jail while you sort out the hate crime charge.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214731625

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
SoonerPride (10,270 posts)

1. Of course he's not ashamed. He's a racist sociopath.

Maybe a couple years in prison will help him think about his values.

It's funny how leftists say that minorities can't be racist, except when they say minorities like tarrio are racist.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
It's funny how leftists say that minorities can't be racist, except when they say minorities like tarrio are racist.

That would mean that the DUmpmonkiez know hes not white.

They probably dont know that.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Bucky
Facing a Year in Prison for Smirking While Stomping a Back the Blue sign

Link: Salt Lake Tribune

A 19-year-old woman was charged with a hate crime after allegedly “stomping on a ‘Back the Blue’ sign” at a gas station in Panguitch.

According to the affidavit of probable cause, a Garfield County police officer was conducting a traffic stop for speeding at a gas station when the officer saw a woman “stomping on a ‘Back the Blue’ sign next to where the traffic stop was conducted, crumble it up in a destructive manner and throw it into a trash can all while smirking in an intimidating manner towards me.”

The officer writes they asked the woman where she had gotten the sign, and she stated it was her mother’s. According to the affidavit, the officer told the woman that the local Sheriff’s Office produced those specific signs and that they believed “she had acquired it in our community"...

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
That would mean that the DUmpmonkiez know he's not white.

They probably dont know that.

Not a surprise to me. Lack of knowledge (and common sense) is a requirement for membership at the DUmp.

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe