Author Topic: POKER  (Read 3141 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
POKER
« on: January 18, 2008, 06:26:24 PM »
I know, it's not a sport, even if ESPN shows it.

Can't help it.  I need my fix every now and then, which comes out to about daily.

BTW--for those of you who DO watch the WSOP on ESPN, I've played against Sully Erna on a few occasions.  He's good, but not unbeatable, lemme tell ya...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
Re: POKER
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »
Hey Sparky, great to see ya here!
 :cheersmate:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:54 PM »
What up, playa???

Damn, and if I didn't have to shovel the driveway out today I would have stayed in Seabrook and played tournament.

That's the only crappy thing about NH poker--the ONLY cash game allowed is $1-2 LIMIT, which means everybody calls every friggin hand, and when you have something, you can't protect it.

Gawd I hate donkey poker.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:43:01 PM »

Can't help it.  I need my fix every now and then, which comes out to about daily.

BTW--for those of you who DO watch the WSOP on ESPN, I've played against Sully Erna on a few occasions.  He's good, but not unbeatable, lemme tell ya...

You played against the Godsmack dude?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:48:48 PM »

Indeed I have.  I work in Seabrook and the poker room is at the dog track.  Not a bad place.  When I first moved here, it was only open a couple of days a week, had a few tournaments now and then, but now it's open daily, has some good tournaments, and some good players.

It's not like Sully and I are bros hanging out or anything, but we did run a little back-and-forth smack against each other at the 5PM tournament (which, BTW, I did win that day).

I guess he's heading out west in a couple of weeks to do some WPT events like Commerce, Bike, and Bay 101.

Oh, and for those who can't picture him...

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:59:53 PM »

Indeed I have.  I work in Seabrook and the poker room is at the dog track.  Not a bad place.  When I first moved here, it was only open a couple of days a week, had a few tournaments now and then, but now it's open daily, has some good tournaments, and some good players.

It's not like Sully and I are bros hanging out or anything, but we did run a little back-and-forth smack against each other at the 5PM tournament (which, BTW, I did win that day).

I guess he's heading out west in a couple of weeks to do some WPT events like Commerce, Bike, and Bay 101.

Oh, and for those who can't picture him...

So you are just another Faceless player to him. I bet that left you feeling hollow

:-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 12:01:21 AM »
Surprisingly enough, dude knows my name and what I drink there (Bud Light).

Then again, most of the regulars do.

Offline Pyackog

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 12:01:46 PM »
I used to watch but not much anymore. I'm playing online as we speak but unfortunately can't do it for cash anymore.