Author Topic: Democrats Could Win 60 Seats In The Senate  (Read 424 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Democrats Could Win 60 Seats In The Senate
« on: July 28, 2020, 08:24:06 AM »
onetexan (6,081 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213817719

538 clip: Confidence Interval: Democrats Could Win 60 Seats In The Senate
https://fivethirtyeight.com/videos/confidence-interval-democrats-could-win-60-seats-in-the-senate/

A Dem-controlled filibuster-proof Senate - anyone think that's possible?
I'd be happy with us just taking back control of the Senate but one could dream.

Hillary has a 95% chance of winning the 2016 election...

onetexan (6,081 posts)

2. So glad i'm not the only one who dares to dream

Can't wait to see Moscow Mitch's face on 11/4 knowing he just lost control of the Senate

:lmao:

onetexan (6,081 posts)

4. oh heck yes!!

Amy McGrath (KY) & MJ Hegar (TX) are the 2 senate seats i would get most satisfaction from if these 2 amazing lady vets flip them. MJ would be my Senator and she's from Round Rock near me. She's within single digits striking distance now but hopefully w/ this Blue Tsunami both these ladies will benefit from that & win their seats.

:popcorn:

pecosbob (4,962 posts)

5. I honestly only see four seats changing hands

To build a super majority we would likely need two new states with four more blue Senators and a strong mid-term re-affirmation.

grantcart (49,864 posts)

6. CO AZ ME IA NC MT look solid KS GA GA possible

AL & KY look like bridge too far.

The filibuster (which was originally 66) should be eliminated because the Republicans abused it. It was used only once in the first 100 years.

The Senate already has a super majority without the filibuster; the 20 least populated states (mostly red) have a combined population less than CA but have 40 Senate votes but only 18% of the population.

Star Member regnaD kciN (21,367 posts)

9. We had one of those in Obama's first term...

…and all that happened was that the “Blue Dogs” made common cause with Republicans to block a public option, restrict the scope of the stimulus, etc., etc.

duforsure (9,712 posts)

12. As long as trump keeps talking , tweeting , and attacking Americans,

Those numbers could be 8-10. Trump and republicans devastating Americans with their pathetic stimulus bill , and the depression setting in. many will have seen enough of trump and the GOP in office, and oust them. They're tuning states blue with what they're doing now to hurt us and the economy, and all the corruption going on.

Star Member Takket (12,204 posts)

14. As the video says it is very unlikely

To me, specifically, GA. no way in hell are we winning a senate seat there while Kemp is governor. He’ll Rig it.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Democrats Could Win 60 Seats In The Senate
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 10:19:52 AM »
counting their chickens a bit early.....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

Re: Democrats Could Win 60 Seats In The Senate
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 05:06:10 PM »
I will refer all to the DUmp's near perfect record of being a reverse barometer.

So this makes me feel good.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.