Author Topic: Bill Maher: "I think Rosen meant that Ann Romney's never gotten her ass out o  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.

Bill Maher: "I think Rosen meant that Ann Romney's never gotten her ass out of the house to work"

Maher on Rosengate: "I Think What She Meant Was That Romney's Never Gotten Her A** Out of the House to Work"
By Lauren Kelley
April 14, 2012

On last night's episode of Real Time, Bill Maher took on Hilary Rosengate -- the ongoing saga over Rosen's comment that Ann Romney had "never worked a day in her life," Romney's subsequent baiting of stay at home moms, and the ensuing national discourse over what constitutes "work" for a mother. Everything about the kerfuffle is unfortunate.

Maher starts the conversation off by talking about candidate Romney's massive women voter problem -- his favorability rating among women is a scant 30%, compared to 47% for John McCain. "Why don't girls like Mitt Romney?" asks Maher, semi-sarcastically. The answer, of course, is that Romney supports rolling back women's and reproductive rights. For help understanding women's issues, he's turned to his wife.

Maher's panelists -- former Canadian PM Kim Campbell, Reagan-era budget director David Stockman, and conservative journalist Matthew Continetti -- discuss Romney's backwards views for a while before they get around to Rosengate. Quote Maher, "No one's denying that being a mother is a tough job...but there is a big difference between being a mother in that rough job, and getting your ass out the door at 7am when it's cold, having to deal with a boss, being unhappy at a workplace where even if you're unhappy you can't show it for 8 hours." Indeed, but even more important here is the class issue:

Ann Romney doesn't understand "work," as defined by lower income of American women, because she is not impacted the same way by the costs of healthcare, childcare, unpaid time spent on maternity leave, and food, to name just a few things.

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/880921/maher_on_rosengate%3A_%22i_think_what_she_meant_was_that_romney%27s_never_gotten_her_a%2A%2A_out_of_the_house_to_work%22/#paragraph3

I was wondering when Bill Maher would open his trap on this.
I want to know Bill, when is the last time you did anything that resembles work? When is the last time you got home from work and had to shower for at least half an hour to clean all the mud, grease, gasoline, sweat, and Lord knows what else you got on you while working? I do know you recently wrote a check for a million dollars to Barry's campaign. Yeah you really know what life is like for the rest of us.  :whatever:

JohnnyRingo
1. I wish Rosen used this as a clarification

...Instead of profusely apologizing.

She could have contrasted Ann Romney's life with that of 90% of women who are forced to work at least part time while they raise children, often with the help of grandparents.. Ann Romney is not devoted, she's privileged.

Once again it boils down to that you can't stand that someone has more than you do if they are Republicans. None of you goons whine and cry about all the good times that the 0bamas get to have on the taxpayer dime.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
JohnnyRingo

She could have contrasted Ann Romney's life with that of 90% of women who are forced to work at least part time while they raise children, often with the help of grandparents.. Ann Romney is not devoted, she's privileged.

Yep, she's sooooo priviledged...she's had to deal with having had breast cancer and having MS.

I bet 90% of women haven't had to deal with those circumstances either.

I was a stay at home mom for until my oldest was in high school. I can't imagine being a SAHM with 5 BOYS!!! Leaving the house and going to a paying job would be a priviledge!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Yep, she's sooooo priviledged...she's had to deal with having had breast cancer and having MS.

I bet 90% of women haven't had to deal with those circumstances either.

I was a stay at home mom for until my oldest was in high school. I can't imagine being a SAHM with 5 BOYS!!! Leaving the house and going to a paying job would be a priviledge!!

Not to mention a relief . . .

IIRC, Ann Romney was diagnosed with breast cancer and MS in the same year.  I've heard that somewhere north of 95% of women who get those two diagnoses in the same year don't make it two years.  Yet, Ann Romney did . . . and does.  Maybe that is why the Dems attack her--because they know she's going to be very nearly impossible to beat.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Go with this DUmmies, tell everyone that Mahar speaks for you. Scream it from the mountaintops. DO IT!

Offline jukin

I am so happy that the most smartest people in history never learned the rule of holes. 

Go BILL!!!  Keep it up!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline zeitgeist

JohnnyRingo

Just another disgruntled loser in the lucky sperm contest.    Probably wishes his mom knew his dad's name too. :fuelfire: 

Amazing how they can hate someone like that.  And Rosen, what experience does she have? Basting the turkey with someone else jerky? :hammer:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline formerlurker

She finished college while taking care of her babies, raised five boys (and watched her friends' children), taught bible classes, cooked their meals, and took care of their home.  

I have three boys, and am a stay at home mom.   Three boys is hard work, I can only imagine what five is like.   The entire left can collectively kiss my ass.  

Oh and jackasses -- she was a Governor's wife, and all the fun that goes along with that.    Unless of course you think that the wives of politicians of this level do nothing outside the home.....   Deval Patrick's manic depressant wife comes to mind, and she has secretaries...

Offline formerlurker

One more thing -- I watched Romney's entire family (including grandchildren) waiting for primary results to come in (forget which state).    They adore their father/grandfather and are clearly a very close family. 

Ann has many reasons to be extremely proud. 

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
She was first lady while her husband was governor. Do Maher, and Rosen know how hard it is to be a first lady ? Ask Moochelle. Criticize Moochelle for the same thing, libs.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Kyle Ricky

Bill Maher is a washed up comedian who thinks he knows about politics. He is nothing but an arrogant douchebag.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

She finished college while taking care of her babies, raised five boys (and watched her friends' children), taught bible classes, cooked their meals, and took care of their home.  

I have three boys, and am a stay at home mom.   Three boys is hard work, I can only imagine what five is like.   The entire left can collectively kiss my ass.  

Oh and jackasses -- she was a Governor's wife, and all the fun that goes along with that.    Unless of course you think that the wives of politicians of this level do nothing outside the home.....   Deval Patrick's manic depressant wife comes to mind, and she has secretaries...

A large happy family is the antithesis of what DUmmies think is a good thing.  Don't several DUmmies have kids in prison?

Offline Kyle Ricky

A large happy family is the antithesis of what DUmmies think is a good thing.  Don't several DUmmies have kids in prison?

Do you mean the dummies who decide to have their kids, rather than abort them?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Erik Estrada Needs to pay Bill Maher a visit...

[youtube=420,315]ufGml7lRoMc[/youtube]

Offline beefeater

This photo reminds me of possibly the strangest post I've seen at the DUmp for awhile

Response to FarLeftFist (Original post)Wed Apr 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
 Bucky (37,516 posts)
6. I'm gonna confess somthing here...

I've never met an ugly Mormon and I've never met an ugly Venezuelan. I live in a big city and I've run into plenty of both in my life. No, forget ugly, I've never met either a Mormon nor a Venezuelan who was even slightly homely. I don't know what it is, but both populations just seem to be really attractive people. They should all be barred from beauty contests just for skewing the average.

So maybe Ann Romney had troubles raising her boys. What mom didn't? But damn that brood is easy on the eyes. It couldn't have been that hard. Not as hard as raising five ugly sons. Say Trig Romney mouthed off to mom one day. What do you think she said? "Fuel up the Lear, Jenkins! I need you fly Trig back to his room without supper!" That's tough love there.

On consideration, I think Venezuelans are just slightly prettier than Mormons, but not by much. I've give half a year's salary for a shot at Marie Osmond. Damn.

Bucky gushes

I really don't know who "Bucky" is, but for the most part I have to agree with him.

Well, 1 notable exception...

And even at that it's pretty much only on the inside.
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmpmonkey Buckey makes a valid point. I haven't been to Utah, but I've been in Venezuela a lot.

Venezuelan women may live in refrigerator cartons on a sheer mountainside, but they're eye-popping gorgeous.

I don't recall ever seeing a homely one, or one bearing any resemblance to Yugo.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
DUmpmonkey Buckey makes a valid point. I haven't been to Utah, but I've been in Venezuela a lot.

Venezuelan women may live in refrigerator cartons on a sheer mountainside, but they're eye-popping gorgeous.

I don't recall ever seeing a homely one, or one bearing any resemblance to Yugo.

AH up to the democrats and Kennedy it was a a world where men left home to support his family, woman had the hard part, raised the kids, cooked, cleaned and was as a grandma revered for her Work to insure the family managed to survive when the men were at war or working in the fields.

A man may work from sun to sun but a woman's work is never done.  Something happend in these years, we had an undeclared war that took the men and boys off to war, the woman then had to do double duty, work outside the home and still do the duty of raising kids, cooking and cleaning and raising the kids.    

Came a time when the woman had to allow strangers to raise their kids so the could work, strange ideas in the school system that they had not been raised with.

Any woman that could afford to stay home and do their job raising kids and volunteering for Church work or in the schools was now considered a lazy broad, ----a non worker and to their dismay found when they reached their 60's could not collect any social security as they had never ---Worked for a wage.  

New laws came in here, men could not live with a wife and children to get government aid to allow the woman to stay at home and work to make a home for her children,  put the kids in  the hands of strangers and no husband around, no one objected to a number of boyfriends moving in and living off her and children's benefits.  

The Democrats Destroyed the very core of 10,000 years of survival of family's, Woman were better off with raising their children without a father of the child to be in the picture.

Check out the difference in the value to the country between a woman that stays at home, keeps an eye on her kids and provides for them.   Then head out to hire someone or 2 or 3 to do her job at home.   What is the difference between future adults that have a parent on hand at all times and kids that seldom see either of their parents, and are raised by strangers ???

I am not a fan of Mitts, but his wife, who never worked for money, left the kids to be raised by strangers and managed to in her spar time be a First Lady and attend to her husbands carear is a Super Woman.

I feel this way about the Military wives that are left for months at time to raise kids, juggle the finances, tend to the children AND when need comes work outside the house.   How the Hell they do this this with pre school children is a testament to the strength of woman, for another woman to attack any woman who devotes their life to their family is nasty, dirty and they will get theirs down the road. ----  

Grumble grumble, We woman need to stick together and understand each other and the cards we all have been dealt, we all get the luck of the draw, for good or bad, some bluff, some fold and at times getting a good hand we find some one else has a better hand.  

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
I keep telling these idiots to run with this. Come on DUmbasses, put it on bumper stickers that moms who stay home to raise families aren't really working. Don't be cowards, do it. I dare you. Meanwhile, the Kenyan has NEVER had a job. He was a guest lecturer at law school and ONLY on his warped definition of the 14th amendment. Other than that, he was nothing but a ***** community "activist".
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

And to think, we have a President who's best qualification was as a "community organizer", and who wants to "spread the wealth around".
How do you "spread the wealth around" exactly ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...

Israel has the hottest armed services in the world! :naughty:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Damn!  :naughty: :hot: :hitit:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Just the ability to manage a household of 5 kids, let alone 5 boys, should give her CEO qualifications for a small business.

I remember the days of having to get 2 kids to dance class 3 days a week, and the other one to soccer/baseball practice/games, in opposite directions at the same time or within a half hour or so!!! To do it with 5?  :panic:

Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, LAUNDRY!!! for 7 people!  :panic: :panic: :panic:

She might have had help in later years, but she didn't have it in the beginning.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline movie buff

Bill Maher is a washed up comedian who thinks he knows about politics. He is nothing but an arrogant douchebag.
I wouldn't say he's nothing but an arrogant douchebag.
You're forgetting, he's also a hatemonger, a Christophobic bigot, a heartless and insensitive prick who likes insulting the recently deceased (i.e. his comments about Steve Irwin and Pope John Paul II shortly after their respective deaths), a gutless coward, a hypocrite, a misogynist, and a general scumbag.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
No, that would be nadin.

Offline obumazombie

You're forgetting, he's also a hatemonger, a Christophobic bigot, a heartless and insensitive prick who likes insulting the recently deceased (i.e. his comments about Steve Irwin and Pope John Paul II shortly after their respective deaths), a gutless coward, a hypocrite, a misogynist, and a general scumbag.
He's just "keeping it real".

Offline Kyle Ricky

Oh My God!  :hitit: :hot: Wow!