Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 107761 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Prayer requests
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2011, 02:01:44 PM »
Sending lots of prayers, Deb, I know how much Etta means to you. <<<<hugs>>>>

I'm glad to hear that she opted for the chemo. Remember me telling you that my kids' step-mother's has come back in her spine and liver too, at Thanksgiving? She has been doing chemo also. Outside of a bad time at Christmas, that seems to have been primarily from the liver biopsy (which my son-in-law said is quite common), she has been doing much better. They went to Hawaii a couple of weeks ago, so she must not be having much difficulty from the new chemo. My daughter told me that prior to going to Hawaii, J's "levels" were much improved. They apparently have some new chemo drugs that kick ass!! This is a good omen for Etta too.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2011, 08:18:17 PM »
Sending lots of prayers, Deb, I know how much Etta means to you. <<<<hugs>>>>

I'm glad to hear that she opted for the chemo. Remember me telling you that my kids' step-mother's has come back in her spine and liver too, at Thanksgiving? She has been doing chemo also. Outside of a bad time at Christmas, that seems to have been primarily from the liver biopsy (which my son-in-law said is quite common), she has been doing much better. They went to Hawaii a couple of weeks ago, so she must not be having much difficulty from the new chemo. My daughter told me that prior to going to Hawaii, J's "levels" were much improved. They apparently have some new chemo drugs that kick ass!! This is a good omen for Etta too.

Deb, thank you for that.  I haven't had to deal with cancer in my family since 98, and then things were much different.  It is so challenging for me to remain hopeful, when my own point of reference isn't really that at all.  This post helps me justify having hope.  And I really needed that. 

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »
Just said a Prayer for her now, and don't ever feel the need to explain gay relationships, most people don't care about that at all, if they're happy and they care about each other? that's all that matters.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »
Please pray for my dear friend Etta.  She has been my Mom's life partner for 20 years.  This last year she had breast cancer, got a double mastectomy, and we thought everything was ok.  She was just diagnosed with cancer of the spine, and liver.  If she chose not to do chemo, the prognosis was 5-8 months.  She is going to do chemo.  Although I know that some of you have issues with gay people, I can say that I am so grateful to have Etta in my life, and fortunate to see my Mom happy.  She is a retired minister, and a spectacular woman.  My heart hurts to even have to post this, I would appreciate any prayers offered for her health, and barring that, her peace, and that of my Mother's as well. 

Issa, we don't have issues with gay people. It's only those who think they deserve more rights than the rest of us we take issue with. What happens in life between two people is exactly that! Between two people.

I pray the chemo works for your mom's life long friend!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2011, 07:51:10 AM »
Issa, we don't have issues with gay people. It's only those who think they deserve more rights than the rest of us we take issue with. What happens in life between two people is exactly that! Between two people.

I pray the chemo works for your mom's life long friend!

Thanks AR and BG.  I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2011, 09:09:26 PM »
A very dear friend of mine, that comes here on occasion is in a bad way.  Her husband has cancer, and is in hospice.  I don't wish to divulge more than that, because she does post here, and I want to respect her privacy.  She lost her sister to cancer just less than a year ago. 

Prayers for a friend and a kindred Cave member would be most appreciated. 

Cancer is such the sucking suck fest. 

Please pray for peace and strength. 

Thank you.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »
God bless tham and give them strength........

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2011, 05:52:34 PM »
God bless tham and give them strength........

doc

Thank you Doc.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
Sending prayers...
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
Sending prayers...

Thank you Deb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2011, 08:47:46 AM »
Added her to my prayer list, which also includes our church organist. Mrs E has to sub for her today because of a bad reaction to an injection she got.

Cancer is the suck. I go in to have a basal cell spot above my eyebrow removed next week, as well. I'm grateful it isn't a melanoma.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
Thank you Eupher.  I will pray for you too.

Please continue your prayers, it is more needed than you know.  My heart hurts so much for this phenomenal woman. I just don't know what to do, but to ask all my people around the world to pray. 

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2011, 09:44:23 PM »
I am saddened to say that my friend's husband lost his fight with cancer today.  Thank you to everyone for your prayers.  I know they gave her comfort.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2011, 01:43:51 AM »
Oh Deb...I am so very sorry.

Prayers for your friend and her family.

And for you too, my friend...I know that you and yours need them too.

<<<<hugs>>>>

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »
Sincere condolences. Prayers continuing. God doesn't stop listening -- ever.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2012, 02:58:29 PM »
Gang, I'm going in a local Catholic hospital tomorrow, for a hernia repair.  It's right over my left femoral artery, so I'm a bit nervous.  My surgeon did tell me that he's never hit a femoral artery when repairing a hernia like this, and I told him of my desire not to be his first. :o  I go under the knife at 2:40 PM tomorrow.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »
Prayers headed skyward, BSS. While I don't have a direct line to God, something tells me you're gonna be just fine.  :-)

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »
Consider it done. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »
Just saw this, and you should either still be in surgery or getting ready to head to recovery.

Sending prayers and hugs.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
Just before I went under for the surgery, the surgeon said to me, "I think it's a swollen lymph node.  I thought it was a hernia at first, but now that you're here, I think I might have gotten it wrong."  It is a swollen lymph node.  The words "cat scratch fever" were mentioned, and a biopsy was taken.  That word (biopsy) bothers me, just because of the ramifications of it.  Yeah, Oreo likes to bite (softly) from time to time, but I didn't think her biting my hand would cause a lymph node in my crotch area to swell up.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »
Any day a surgeon's scalpel stands down from the 'nad area is a good day.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2012, 06:18:14 PM »
Here's the continuation of the post above.  The surgeon told my wife, alone, that it could be lymphoma.  He also told me with my wife, but I have no recollection of this.  He also said that it would be 5-7 days until they found out for sure.  The next couple-three days are not going to be fun.  Thing is, the follow-up appointment is scheduled for a week from this coming Wednesday.  I have no idea what this combination of circumstances means.

Chase her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2012, 07:56:36 AM »
Jeezus, BSS. I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

Fervent prayers heading upstairs most ricky-tick.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »
Sending prayers and hugs, BSS.

Maybe since he said it would take so long, he's not overly concerned but told you the worst possible scenario to cover his tush?
Seems like if he was real worried, he would have immediately scheduled more tests.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2012, 08:01:17 AM »
Sending prayers and hugs, BSS.

Maybe since he said it would take so long, he's not overly concerned but told you the worst possible scenario to cover his tush?
Seems like if he was real worried, he would have immediately scheduled more tests.

Excellent points.  But since it takes 5-7 days for confirmation anyway, why schedule more testing until they know for sure?