Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 107556 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Prayer requests
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2008, 10:22:06 AM »
prayers for your brother jty.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2008, 10:22:48 AM »
jty and mia.... prayers sent.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2008, 02:29:56 PM »
Prayers sent, Jty and Mia.  :(

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2008, 06:40:47 AM »
The son of a close friend died Saturday night.  Details are sketchy right now, but there are indications that it was suicide.  He was 22 years old.  Parents should never have to bury their children.

Please pray for his parents, brother and daughter.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2008, 07:29:31 AM »
The son of a close friend died Saturday night.  Details are sketchy right now, but there are indications that it was suicide.  He was 22 years old.  Parents should never have to bury their children.

Please pray for his parents, brother and daughter.

So sad.

You got it, bud.  :(
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2008, 07:10:14 AM »
Obituary from our local newspaper:

HEADLEY, JR., Deputy Ricky Joe Age 22 of Franklin, TN. August 30, 2008. Graduate of Franklin High School. Deputy Sheriff with the Williamson County Sheriff's Department. Worked as School Resource Officer with Sunset Middle School where he also served as a DARE officer. Avid baseball player in school and umpired games for the youth. Worked security part-time at Williamson Medical Center. Talented drummer, guitarist, singer and songwriter and was a member of Pure Country Band where he performed for many years along with his father. He was a loving son, father, brother & friend to all. Preceded in death by grandfather, Randall Harris. Survived by parents, Ricky & Melissa Headley; daughter, Anna Grace Headley; brother, Gregory Matthew Headley; sister, Charlotte Billingsley; fiance' & mother of child, Natalie Sparks; grandparents, Dean & Bobbie Headley, Lila Caldwell & Chuck Caldwell; great grandmother, Peggy Harris; aunts, uncles & other loving family members. Funeral services will be conducted 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at Grassland Heights Baptist Church, 2316 Hillsboro Road, Franklin, TN, Pastor Rusty Trotter, Ronnie Johnson & Bobby Bennett officiating. Interment Williamson Memorial Gardens. Family & friends will serve as Pallbearers. Williamson County Sheriff's Department will serve as Honorary Pallbearers. Memorials may be made to the Anna Grace Headley Educational Fund, % First Tennessee Bank. Visitation will be 2-8 p.m. Tuesday at Williamson Memorial Funeral Home and visitation will also be two hours prior to service at the church. WILLIAMSON MEMORIAL FUNERAL HOME, 615/794-2289.

I've known him since he was 5.  This ain't gonna be easy.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2008, 07:39:06 AM »
 :o

Do you know what happened?  I can't find anything in the paper.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2008, 07:51:36 AM »
:o

Do you know what happened?  I can't find anything in the paper.
Surprisingly the media have left them alone.  After his father's resignation as our county Sheriff, I would have expected the newspaper to shred the family again.  I have only a few details, but I will find out more tonight at the visitation.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2008, 12:40:43 PM »
Obituary from our local newspaper:

HEADLEY, JR., Deputy Ricky Joe Age 22 of Franklin, TN. August 30, 2008. Graduate of Franklin High School. Deputy Sheriff with the Williamson County Sheriff's Department. Worked as School Resource Officer with Sunset Middle School where he also served as a DARE officer. Avid baseball player in school and umpired games for the youth. Worked security part-time at Williamson Medical Center. Talented drummer, guitarist, singer and songwriter and was a member of Pure Country Band where he performed for many years along with his father. He was a loving son, father, brother & friend to all. Preceded in death by grandfather, Randall Harris. Survived by parents, Ricky & Melissa Headley; daughter, Anna Grace Headley; brother, Gregory Matthew Headley; sister, Charlotte Billingsley; fiance' & mother of child, Natalie Sparks; grandparents, Dean & Bobbie Headley, Lila Caldwell & Chuck Caldwell; great grandmother, Peggy Harris; aunts, uncles & other loving family members. Funeral services will be conducted 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at Grassland Heights Baptist Church, 2316 Hillsboro Road, Franklin, TN, Pastor Rusty Trotter, Ronnie Johnson & Bobby Bennett officiating. Interment Williamson Memorial Gardens. Family & friends will serve as Pallbearers. Williamson County Sheriff's Department will serve as Honorary Pallbearers. Memorials may be made to the Anna Grace Headley Educational Fund, % First Tennessee Bank. Visitation will be 2-8 p.m. Tuesday at Williamson Memorial Funeral Home and visitation will also be two hours prior to service at the church. WILLIAMSON MEMORIAL FUNERAL HOME, 615/794-2289.

I've known him since he was 5.  This ain't gonna be easy.
You have my prayers lug. Sadly, I've experienced something similar. I knew an officer who was about the same age and also a school resource officer through DARE. He too took his life. On my shift.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2008, 02:44:45 PM »
May prayers are with you and this young man's family. May the peace of God that passes all understanding be with you and the family and friends of the man who left us way to soon.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »
My pastor's mother has had a massive stroke.  The prognosis is very bad.  Prayers are needed for that entire family.

edit:
She passed away Sunday evening.  The funeral was Tuesday 10/9.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:00:32 PM by lug-nut »

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »
My nephew just graduated from the USMC boot camp. He starts his long journey. Please pray for his safe return home. Tanner Holder,3th Battalion,Kilo Company,Platoon 3233. Thank you
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2008, 12:22:23 PM »
I just received news that the youngest son of a close friend attempted suicide last night.  He is on life-support at a local hospital.

Offline Flame

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »
I just received news that the youngest son of a close friend attempted suicide last night.  He is on life-support at a local hospital.

prayers, lug...keep us updated

Offline Chris_

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2008, 04:46:42 PM »
prayers, lug...keep us updated
The young man apparently suffered a massive heart attack as a result of his suicide attempt.  He was revived, but it was too late...there is no brain activity.  They are going to discontinue life support and let him go.  It should be only a day or so. 

That's two young sons of close friends inside 2 months.

The road to recovery for these families is going to be very long.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »

Oh dear God..... it puts many things in perspective. Prayers sent.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2008, 10:50:12 AM »
Oh dear God..... it puts many things in perspective. Prayers sent.

It does put things in perspective.  A neighbor up the street died a week ago from cancer.  She had beat it once but it recently came back.  She always worked in her yard and now we will no longer see her there.  Her husband is retired military and the nicest man ever.  :(

Offline Chris_

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2008, 07:39:39 AM »
The young man I mentioned earlier passed away Saturday afternoon.  A number of us from the office are going to the funeral tomorrow afternoon.

Parents should never have to bury their children.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2008, 06:18:28 PM »
The young man I mentioned earlier passed away Saturday afternoon.  A number of us from the office are going to the funeral tomorrow afternoon.

Parents should never have to bury their children.

It happens far too often.  Prayers for this family. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »
Found out last night that my brother and SIL were in a bad auto accident.  Car is totaled, air bags deployed and did their job, but they're both pretty sore/shaken up.  This was their only vehicle.  The other guy was at fault and the insurance company has offered very little $$$.  Their car wasn't worth much (resale value) anyway, but it got them to work and back safely and was paid for.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »
Found out last night that my brother and SIL were in a bad auto accident.  Car is totaled, air bags deployed and did their job, but they're both pretty sore/shaken up.  This was their only vehicle.  The other guy was at fault and the insurance company has offered very little $$$.  Their car wasn't worth much (resale value) anyway, but it got them to work and back safely and was paid for.
Wow, not good.  I'm glad they weren't hurt!  I pray that this will all work out for them, insurance companies are the original Scrooge.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Prayer requests (pulled from the shout box)
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2008, 01:10:27 PM »
<DefiantSix> I'm in BIG need of your prayers people.  My wife was in an accident yesterday morning taking the boy to school.  She's in ICU with bleeding in her brain, a broken jaw, a partially collapsed lung, bleeding from her spleen and a broken pelvis.

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »
Defiant... prayers sent up my friend.

Lug.... for you and yours as well.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
Defiant... prayers sent up my friend.

Lug.... for you and yours as well.

D6, keeping the prayers going, please report back when you can.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline terry

« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2008, 07:06:23 PM »
Thank you for prayers answered..
Some time ago, I requested prayers for a friend..
Orignal story

Well for an update, watch this..

Hope