Author Topic: "Oh well" ... said to me by person not wearing a mask  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
"Oh well" ... said to me by person not wearing a mask
« on: May 22, 2020, 08:12:01 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213468120

Miigwech

what's worse she also said, "Don't tell me about Covid, my nephew just died of it."

Here is the story: had to drive downstate for medical reasons. The Mackinaw bridge, great, toll takers wearing masks, gloves and no cash, only credit card that is inserted into the card machine without the person ever touching your card. The State of Michigan is being responsible to try and keep her citizens safe. But, don't drive downstate because it is chock full of trumpists who blindly follow their "no mask", fake pres.

So, had to stop for gas. The woman at the cash register (late 60's) was not wearing a mask. I began talking with her and showed my concern for her because she was not wearing a mask and 90% of the people at this gas station were not wearing masks, so I showed concern.

She went off on me and said her nephew just died of Covid. I high tailed it outta there. When I got home I called the Health Department and told them that if this woman was in contact with her nephew than why is she not quarantining herself and NOT EVEN WEARING A MASK.

The local Health Dept. and their Covid task force was going over to talk to that woman and investigate the place of business. What about tracking and tracing, I asked? The Covid nurse was right on it. I am not gong to take the shit from shitheads that practice trump.

This is an entertaining thread. If this is true, what a good little Nazi!

Poster is actually called out by a few DUmmies, most agree that mask wearers should be able to turn in non mask wearers for immediate execution by the state.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: "Oh well" ... said to me by person not wearing a mask
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 08:41:11 AM »
... what a good little Nazi!

That pretty much sums it up.

Liberals aren't bright enough to know when to keep their mouths shut. Oh, and don't give me this junk about being "concerned" and caring. If you really cared about others, you wouldn't say the things you say about those with whom you politically disagree. That's the first tip that you're lying about being concerned when you do that.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:43:36 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 09:07:07 AM »
The local Health Dept. and their Covid task force was going over to talk to that woman and investigate the place of business.

And that woman and the owner will go through the security camera footage, then use the time stamp to dig out your credit card receipt, and get all your personal information. They may make you famous or be real assholes and ruin whatever credit you have.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 09:23:08 AM »
OK Karen.

P.S.  MY BODY. MY CHOICE.

Right?

You DUchebags are all pro-choice right?

SO I choose not to wear a useless mask, actually a mask that is less than useless.

MY BODY. MY CHOICE.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 09:23:50 AM »
A liberal FB Friend posted that last evening she and her spouse were out for a walk, nobody else close to them, and somebody yelled at them, "Wear a mask!" Outdoors, doing the social-distancing thingy, warmish day, and some ignorant Mask Devotee yelled at them. They were probably as safe as if it were May 21, 2019!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 09:42:07 AM »
If someone says anything to me about not wearing a mask I’ll have no problem telling them about each and every observation of how they’re wearing one incorrectly. I have no problem shaming a mask wearer who would make the mistake of trying to shame me.

I buy a breakfast taco every morning on my way to the office. Great little authentic Mexican meat market that’s open at 5:00am to sell breakfast tacos. The employees are masked, but they don’t require the customers to mask. Yesterday morning I had mind set on a donut so I went to the donut store and grabbed a bottle of milk and stood in line. The lady behind the counter said something I couldn’t understand through her mask plus I was about 4th in line and didn’t realize she was talking to me. One of the guys in line turned around and said ‘she said you need to have a mask on to be in here.’

I put the bottle of milk back in the cooler and enjoyed another breakfast taco. No fuss, no muss.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 10:03:26 AM »

I put the bottle of milk back in the cooler and enjoyed another breakfast taco. No fuss, no muss.

KC

You could have done the liberal thing and coughed or sneezed on it. :)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »
You could have done the liberal thing and coughed or sneezed on it. :)

:rotf:

I did think about setting it on the counter and letting them know they needed to call a hazmat team to clean, or properly dispose of it because I wasn’t wearing gloves.

KC

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 10:59:33 AM »
When I got home I called the Health Department and told them that if this woman was in contact with her nephew than why is she not quarantining herself and NOT EVEN WEARING A MASK.

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 11:22:48 AM »
Liberals are insane. There’s nothing the woman could have said or done to make this primitive happy short of agreeing with her, exclaiming to the world how ashamed she was, and then thanking her profusely for having saved her life and the thousands of others she comes in contact with. “Oh well” was being kind. She should have told her to shove it.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 11:32:05 AM »
Liberals are insane. There’s nothing the woman could have said or done to make this primitive happy short of agreeing with her, exclaiming to the world how ashamed she was, and then thanking her profusely for having saved her life and the thousands of others she comes in contact with. “Oh well” was being kind. She should have told her to shove it.

Southern vernacular would have been, “well bless your heart.” Conversation over.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »
Miigwech

what's worse she also said, "Don't tell me about Covid, my nephew just died of it."

Here is the story: had to drive downstate for medical reasons. The Mackinaw bridge, great, toll takers wearing masks, gloves and no cash, only credit card that is inserted into the card machine without the person ever touching your card. The State of Michigan is being responsible to try and keep her citizens safe. But, don't drive downstate because it is chock full of trumpists who blindly follow their "no mask", fake pres.

So, had to stop for gas. The woman at the cash register (late 60's) was not wearing a mask. I began talking with her and showed my concern for her because she was not wearing a mask and 90% of the people at this gas station were not wearing masks, so I showed concern.

She went off on me and said her nephew just died of Covid. I high tailed it outta there. When I got home I called the Health Department and told them that if this woman was in contact with her nephew than why is she not quarantining herself and NOT EVEN WEARING A MASK.

The local Health Dept. and their Covid task force was going over to talk to that woman and investigate the place of business. What about tracking and tracing, I asked? The Covid nurse was right on it. I am not gong to take the shit from shitheads that practice trump.

Ok, Karen.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 01:22:48 PM »

Southern vernacular would have been, “well bless your heart.” Conversation over.

KC

The other thing that didn't happen was the woman working at the convenience store didn't run home after work to some political forum and start complaining about what some loony lib said to her while at work.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 01:58:41 PM »
Even that would have been insufficient. Nothing placates the left. Once you cross them, they have only a single-minded obsession with destroying you.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 03:06:59 PM »
A true Michigander knows that it is the Mackinac Bridge that connects the Yooper Peninsula (at st. Ignace) to the Lower Peninsula (at Mackinaw City).
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 12:41:10 PM »
And that woman and the owner will go through the security camera footage, then use the time stamp to dig out your credit card receipt, and get all your personal information. They may make you famous or be real assholes and ruin whatever credit you have.
Dont be ridiculous. Everyone knows that primitives have no credit or if they did, itd be in the negatives
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 02:57:50 AM »
2020 will be known as the year of the mask shaming bouncy. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Note to lurking DUmmies:  C19 is very contagious and, unless you have cofactors, not particularly fatal.  Mask or not, you will probably eventually be exposed to it - and not die.

It does make sense to be extra careful around those of known high risk groups but using masks and social distancing is just slowing the spread, not stopping it.