Author Topic: Last days for Sears, Kmart, new era for Amazon.COM  (Read 12298 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Last days for Sears, Kmart, new era for Amazon.COM
« on: March 23, 2017, 05:46:47 AM »
Continuing its downward spiral, Sears' shares tumbled more than 12 percent on Wednesday.

Dan Celia, who serves with Financial Issues Stewardship Ministries, believes that Sears has hit the point of no return.

"It's impossible for them to survive at this point," Celia contends after Sears’ latest plunge in stocks. "When you see a company like Sears selling off the only real branded thing they have left – which was Craftsman tools a few months back – you know they've come to a conclusion they're in survival mode … and I think that's what we're seeing."

The financial expert is confident that Sears will continue its operations for a few months, but at some point, he believes that the iconic American company is going to have dramatic cutbacks – or fold altogether.

"I don't know how much more they can cut back," Celia continued. "Maybe somebody will buy them out from a real estate standpoint – because they do have good real estate value."

In addition to Sears, the survival of another iconic American company also appears to be in doubt.

Kmart – a company that was brought into the Sears family two years after it came out of bankruptcy – is also on the rocks again and may go under in the near future.

Ken Perkins of Retail Metrics LLC told the Associated Press that he does not see much of a future for the discount retailer that has been a household name for decades.

USA Today reported that a number of factors is killing retailers such as Sears and Kmart, including the changing tastes and habits of shoppers – along with the dramatic rise of online retail.

"What's happened is Best Buy and other stores have become showrooms where people go in and look – they touch, they feel and then they buy it on Amazon," Celia contended. "That has been typical – particularly in the electronics sector – but it's starting to get to the point where Amazon is going to be hurting grocery stores in a big way in the next five years."

Amazon has indicated that it plans to get involved in the grocery business. The company announced in 2016 that one day, it hopes to have the same number of brick-and-mortar grocery stores as Kroger currently has.

https://www.onenewsnow.com/business/2017/03/23/last-days-for-sears-kmart-new-era-for-amazon

Offline HAPPY2BME

Re: Last days for Sears, Kmart, new era for Amazon.COM
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:52:26 AM »
Furious anti-Trump protesters and Trump supporters are both threatening to boycott Amazon — here's why

Amazon's relationship with President Donald Trump is inspiring calls for protest — from the left as well as the right.

On Monday, news broke that Amazon will support Washington state in a federal lawsuit challenging President Trump's executive order barring people from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-inspires-amazon-protests-2017-2

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:00:24 AM »
Furious anti-Trump protesters and Trump supporters are both threatening to boycott Amazon — here's why

Amazon's relationship with President Donald Trump is inspiring calls for protest — from the left as well as the right.

On Monday, news broke that Amazon will support Washington state in a federal lawsuit challenging President Trump's executive order barring people from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-inspires-amazon-protests-2017-2

Umm . . . This is from almost two months ago . . . :whistling: :thatsright:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 10:56:11 AM »
Umm . . . This is from almost two months ago . . . :whistling: :thatsright:

And kind of peripherally related, sort of.

It's possible that Sears' business model is dying. Montgomery Ward is long gone; J. C. Penney is dying; Target and Kohl's are struggling; Walmart has struggled (and may yet be). Amazon has been a major player in that decline, but I think the decline predates Amazon.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »
And kind of peripherally related, sort of.

It's possible that Sears' business model is dying. Montgomery Ward is long gone; J. C. Penney is dying; Target and Kohl's are struggling; Walmart has struggled (and may yet be). Amazon has been a major player in that decline, but I think the decline predates Amazon.

I still miss White Front, Fedco, Rexall and Woolworths.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 05:50:58 AM »
I still miss White Front, Fedco, Rexall and Woolworths.

The Woolworth's where I grew up went under in the early 1980s.  The Rexall drug store went under right around then, too.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 09:38:14 AM »
Target and Kohl's are struggling

Target has some residual popularity in my area despite having attempted suicide by perversion a few months ago.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »
Target has some residual popularity in my area despite having attempted suicide by perversion a few months ago.

=====================

Target Abruptly Shuts Expansion Projects Amid Boycott