Author Topic: Canadian Writer minces no words with Algore....right on!  (Read 2040 times)

Offline 5412

Canadian Writer minces no words with Algore....right on!
« on: December 15, 2009, 09:19:17 AM »
Hi,

I subscribe to a daily report, the Casey Gold and Silver Report written by a gentleman name Ed Steer.  He lives in western Canada and he and I have exchanged emails several times and he is a really nice guy.  I found myself cheering today when I read a couple paragraphs in his report.  Where the hell is the American media?  He is so right on with this one, it is a shame we have to rely on our Canadian friends to print the truth.

regards,

Here is the blurb..

..........And lastly... finally... is this piece from The Times in London. It's literally 'hot off the press' as they used to say... dated this morning. The man that made the Internet possible, Al Gore stepped in another fresh cow pie yesterday... "There are many kinds of truth. Al Gore was poleaxed by an inconvenient one yesterday"... "Mr. Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated that "Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years." Needless to say, climatologist Maslowski, politely ripped Al a new one.

Now, dear reader, I lived for two and a half years within 100 metres [that's 109.3 feet] of the Arctic Ocean that Mr. Gore spoke of. It was at Alert, N.W.T... 82 degrees 20 minutes north latitude... just about as far north on this planet as you can go and still be on dry land. I can tell you that except for one day when Category 1 hurricane force southwest winds blew the ice over the horizon for about one day in 'summer'... there was ice as far as the eye could see... every day, month and year that I was there... and it was very very thick ice. Little has changed since. Temperatures got down to -45C in the winter [8 months/year] on many occasions. Hell, it was -46.1C at Edmonton International Airport two days ago... and that's nowhere near the north pole... it's 20 kilometres from my house! Blew the old record low out of the water by 10 degrees!!! Hey Al... you can take your 'global warming' concept and shove it!..............

Offline bkg

Re: Canadian Writer minces no words with Algore....right on!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:46:39 AM »
Canadian isn't helping the cause with his poor math skills...

Now, dear reader, I lived for two and a half years within 100 metres [that's 109.3 feet]

100 meters = 109.3 feet?  :rotf:

Offline 5412

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:12:26 AM »
Canadian isn't helping the cause with his poor math skills...

100 meters = 109.3 feet?  :rotf:

Hi,

I suspect he meant yards......
\
regards,

Offline bkg

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:17:46 AM »
Hi,

I suspect he meant yards......
\
regards,

I agree. But he's likel going to get completely dismissed for something this simple.

Offline Reeanna

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »

Yes, 109.3 is the equivalent in yards.  Whether it's yards or feet  does not in anyway invalidate his post.  He lived there and saw that the ice was not diminishing. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 11:42:14 AM »
Yeah, it's just a typo. Feet instead of yards.

How can Al Gore possibly defend his ludicrous statements by claiming that they're all "typos"?

Can't be done.

Here's Al, all snug in his lit-up-and-heated-up-mansion in Tennessee, telling the world that the polar ice caps will be gone in 5-7 years. Uh huh. Hey Al! When was the last time you snuggled up next to a polar bear who was so uncomfortable with the heat that he was looking to hunker down in your air-conditioned digs?

Asshat.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline bkg

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 11:44:50 AM »
I don't disagree with any of y'all...

But since the T's weren't crossed and the I's not dotted, the credibility of the rest of this gentlman's statements, no matter how accurate, will be put in question. You know this is how the Left works.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 11:48:59 AM »

But since the T's weren't crossed and the I's not dotted, the credibility of the rest of this gentlman's statements, no matter how accurate, will be put in question. You know this is how the Left works.

Agreed, but it's an op-ed, right? Based on personal experience, right?

What kind of personal experience does Al have with living in the frigid north? (And I ain't talkin' about North Nashville, either.)

I know you're pointing out the obvious, bkg, but I'm not seeing this guy's comments as scientific fact -- just a personal account. Such accounts hold more sway with me than anything Al can dream up, because Al hasn't lived this particular one.

And yet he's the poster boy for glow-bull warming..... :whatever:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
I'm just waiting for Al and his Goron's to proclaim him savior of the enviornment. After all, everywhere he's gone has gotten cooler! You guys sure Al hasn't been to the Arctic? :rofl:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 12:01:39 PM »
I'm just waiting for Al and his Goron's to proclaim him savior of the enviornment. After all, everywhere he's gone has gotten cooler! You guys sure Al hasn't been to the Arctic? :rofl:

If he's been to the Arctic, he sure as hell didn't stay long. Too damned cold up there. Besides, he's too busy making films and collecting Nobel prizes.   :whatever:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 12:02:21 PM »
If he could figure out how to get his idling SUV's to wait, he would!!

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 12:04:23 PM »
If he could figure out how to get his idling SUV's to wait, he would!!

I rest my case.

He's an asshat, pure and simple.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 12:04:56 PM »
Found it!!!!!!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESxvY1tQHTo[/youtube]

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »
Found it!!!!!!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESxvY1tQHTo[/youtube]

Uh, Dixie, for the firewall-challenged, a short summary, please?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
The Goron came to speak at a climate change summit last year in D.C. In July. He arrived in a motorcade that included two Town Cars and one SUV. One of the Town Cars idled for over 20 minutes so that Mrs. Gore and one of the daughters could hop in to the nice cool A/C. the guy shooting the vid asked the driver if he knew that was bad for the environment and was met with a rapidly closing window in his face.

Some guys from American for Prosperity went armed with a video camera. They even got a copy of the invite that showed where they asked for attendees to use public transportation and/or bikes. They interviewed some of the folks in the crowd who openly said that higher energy costs were just a-okay with them.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »
The Goron came to speak at a climate change summit last year in D.C. In July. He arrived in a motorcade that included two Town Cars and one SUV. One of the Town Cars idled for over 20 minutes so that Mrs. Gore and one of the daughters could hop in to the nice cool A/C. the guy shooting the vid asked the driver if he knew that was bad for the environment and was met with a rapidly closing window in his face.

Some guys from American for Prosperity went armed with a video camera. They even got a copy of the invite that showed where they asked for attendees to use public transportation and/or bikes. They interviewed some of the folks in the crowd who openly said that higher energy costs were just a-okay with them.

Thank you. The Goron -- I love that!

I suppose he's also CEO and Chief Operating Officer for Hypocrites R Us, right?

Offline 5412

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »

Hi,

No matter what, the left will invalidate anything that conflicts with their agenda.  For the audience that the comments were written to, makes no difference at all.  When you get a daily newsletter from someone, does not take long to get to know him and either trust or distrust him.

regards,