Author Topic: Uh-oh: Silicon Valley is building a Chinese-style social credit system  (Read 33314 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Uh-oh: Silicon Valley is building a Chinese-style social credit system
https://www.fastcompany.com/90394048/uh-oh-silicon-valley-is-building-a-chinese-style-social-credit-system

Have you heard about China’s social credit system? It’s a technology-enabled, surveillance-based nationwide program designed to nudge citizens toward better behavior. The ultimate goal is to “allow the trustworthy to roam everywhere under heaven while making it hard for the discredited to take a single step,” according to the Chinese government.

In place since 2014, the social credit system is a work in progress that could evolve by next year into a single, nationwide point system for all Chinese citizens, akin to a financial credit score. It aims to punish for transgressions that can include membership in or support for the Falun Gong or Tibetan Buddhism, failure to pay debts, excessive video gaming, criticizing the government, late payments, failing to sweep the sidewalk in front of your store or house, smoking or playing loud music on trains, jaywalking, and other actions deemed illegal or unacceptable by the Chinese government.

It can also award points for charitable donations or even taking one’s own parents to the doctor.

Scary to think this could happen in America.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: Uh-oh: Silicon Valley is building a Chinese-style social credit system
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 09:12:21 PM »
Ohh come on. It is going to be so much fun when it is hacked. I can see it now " You know for a consideration my bot's could fall in love with you" OR The chief of security get changed to a terrorist threatening to kidnap his principle. Known to be armed.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 07:46:13 AM »
Uh-oh: Silicon Valley is building a Chinese-style social credit system
https://www.fastcompany.com/90394048/uh-oh-silicon-valley-is-building-a-chinese-style-social-credit-system

Scary to think this could happen in America.

It would be hilarious in America, here people would compete to see how many black marks they could get to undercut the low scores of their friends.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 08:37:44 AM »
It would be hilarious in America, here people would compete to see how many black marks they could get to undercut the low scores of their friends.

There was an episode of The Orville (today's real Star Trek, not that garbage CBS is peddling) where everything in your life (where you can eat, shop, work and justice) was based on how many likes and dislikes you have.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 01:33:29 PM »
All the dumpers would be confined too their basement cubicle or sent to a reeducation camp. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 12:09:14 AM »
All the dumpers would be confined too their basement cubicle or sent to a reeducation camp. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The DUmp Monkies could only hope...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus