Author Topic: Kate Walsh: "Telling kids not to have sex like telling them not to grow"  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Lauri

I thought Planned Parenthood was bottom of the barrel til I saw this clip the other day..

http://newsbusters.org/issues/sexuality-0    this is the video..

Kate Walsh, from Gray's Anatomy and Private Practice had this to say about her winning an award recently from PP:

Kate Walsh was honored at the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project gala “Politics, Sex and Cocktails” in Los Angeles this past week. “I was going for a just-had-safe-sex look. I wanted to have smoky eyes and messy hair,” said the Private Practice star. Walsh is a passionate advocate for women’s rights and a member of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America Board of Advocates. This past winter, she did an interview for Planned Parenthood, talking about her commitment to the cause and her dedication to reproductive freedom.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I am beyond words.

This is just saying "give up -- there is no such thing as morality."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
PP posted profits of almost a BILLION dollars in 2007.

A new annual report from Planned Parenthood shows the nation's largest abortion business has made over $1 billion in income for the first time in its history. The non-profit pro-abortion group shows the historical gain in its new annual report covering 2006-2007.

While Planned Parenthood made $972 milion in its 2005-2006 annual report, last fiscal year it brought in $1.017 billion.

On its web site posting of the annual document, Planned Parenthood says it "highlights our advancements in providing and protecting trusted health care services and medically accurate sexuality education."

Instead, the report finds Planned Parenthood doing more abortions than ever before.

The report shows an increase in the number of provided abortions from 264,943 in 2005 to 289,650 in 2006.

Planned Parenthood reveals it has doubled "excess of revenue over expenses" funds from $55.7 million in 2005 to $112 million in 2006.

Of concern to pro-life groups, Planned Parenthood acknowledges the receipt of over $336 million in government grants and contracts from both state and federal governments. However, the abortion business provides no breakdown showing how much Planned Parenthood received from the federal government or specifics states.

Are they considered a "non-profit"? That's insane... :censored:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

Well, she IS a Barack Obama supporter, from what I understand.  It makes a lot of sense now.  :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

Yup, baby killing is a lucrative business for PP. Giving out free condoms and other forms of birth control is not.

Kate Walsh calls that "reproductive freedom". Freedom to kill the unborn is NOT "reproductive freedom"  :bird:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Lauri

looking for the video this morning, i ran across another site with a Kate Walsh interview where she gives PP big props for giving her birth control as a teen...

i wonder what her parents think about that?

Offline Lord Undies

Then what is the point of telling kids not to smoke, do drugs, or turn to a life of petty crime? 

If words of guidance about sex means nothing, then what's the point of trying with other aspects of life?

Offline Chris_

Then what is the point of telling kids not to smoke, do drugs, or turn to a life of petty crime? 

If words of guidance about sex means nothing, then what's the point of trying with other aspects of life?
That would be step two on the liberal agenda.

Offline Flame

Personally, I find the left's attempt at assuming kids will have sex no matter what is insulting.  We are not animals, with no self-control (well, I guess there are some exceptions...cough no names cough cough).

There is nothing wrong with expecting chastity and morals in our children.

Offline Lord Undies

That would be step two on the liberal agenda.

Liberals will never stop their crusade against Evil Tobacco.  Tobacco is the one natural substance on earth that must be eradicated.  It is BAD.  It is EVIL.  It may hurt someone.  It can be unhealthy.  It is worse than STDs and AIDS rolled into one.  

If a kid has made it out of the womb without being murdered, It's ok for him or her to bump uglies with anything or anyone with or without a pulse, but DO NOT let him or her stick a cigarette in their mouths.  It could kill them.

Offline VivisMom

Yeah, I saw that. I was pretty bummed, considering how much I LOVED Kate Walsh on Grey's.

Offline Chris_

Yeah, I saw that. I was pretty bummed, considering how much I LOVED Kate Walsh on Grey's.
I never watched the show, personally.  If I want unadulterated pursuit of sex in a medical environment I can watch "Scrubs" (which I also stopped watching).  If I want just the mindless pursuit of recreational sex, there is alway "new Christine" "Friends" and, of course "Sex in the City."

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Never cared for Grey's Anatomy. Not into that kind of show. As Laura Ingraham, puts it, "Shut Up or Sing!".
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon

That's right! Kids will commit crimes and do drugs anyway, lets give them safe drugs to do and create safe laws for them to violate.
A problem I see with the Pro-Sex crowd is their inability to see the difference between "love" and "lust". Yes, love is unstoppable, but lust can be controlled.

So yes, telling them not to love is telling them not to grow. But telling them not to lust is helping them to grow.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies

Liberals will never stop their crusade against Evil Tobacco.  Tobacco is the one natural substance on earth that must be eradicated.  It is BAD.  It is EVIL.  It may hurt someone.  It can be unhealthy.  It is worse than STDs and AIDS rolled into one.  

If a kid has made it out of the womb without being murdered, It's ok for him or her to bump uglies with anything or anyone with or without a pulse, but DO NOT let him or her stick a cigarette in their mouths.  It could kill them.

There are more STD cases than cancer. STDs also contribute to cancer.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ReardenSteel

"Telling kids not to have sex like telling them not to grow"

I have to go with Kate on this. Sorry folks. But I remember when I was in High School and my dad (5'11) and my older brother (5'11) told me not to grow. I said screw that! I chose 6'2 and I'm sticking with it. Don't care what anyone thinks.

:sarcasm:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Lauri

there was a thread on CBS or youtube where the video popped up and it had hundreds and hundreds of responses; 9 out of 10 of the posts said, "she is too stupid to be a parent. you dont give your kids choices about things that could END their life."

that includes drugs, driving, crime, sex ... the list is fairly long, but as parents, we know that.

Offline Lauri

I have to go with Kate on this. Sorry folks. But I remember when I was in High School and my dad (5'11) and my older brother (5'11) told me not to grow. I said screw that! I chose 6'2 and I'm sticking with it. Don't care what anyone thinks.

and how did your parents handle that?  :popcorn: :-)

Offline Chris_

Freaking rebel.  Challenge authority, eh?

Offline VivisMom

I never watched the show, personally.  If I want unadulterated pursuit of sex in a medical environment I can watch "Scrubs" (which I also stopped watching).  If I want just the mindless pursuit of recreational sex, there is alway "new Christine" "Friends" and, of course "Sex in the City."

I'll admit, that part of the show does kind of irk me. But the storylines that don't involve that are actually pretty decent. What makes me sad is that I really did enjoy Kate Walsh's work on Grey's (and her spinoff, Private Practice), and I knew she was a moonbat, but I didn't realize how BIG of a moonbat until I heard this.

I don't watch any of those other shows. I find most sitcoms to be worthless.

Offline Lord Undies

That's right! Kids will commit crimes and do drugs anyway, lets give them safe drugs to do and create safe laws for them to violate.
A problem I see with the Pro-Sex crowd is their inability to see the difference between "love" and "lust". Yes, love is unstoppable, but lust can be controlled.

So yes, telling them not to love is telling them not to grow. But telling them not to lust is helping them to grow.

You are very correct.  Liberals cannot imagine "controlled lust".  That would be denying yourself, and we cannot tell kids to deny themselves anything where sex is concerned. 

Like I asked years ago:  "Why are the lungs the only body organs liberals care about?"