Author Topic: grass seed  (Read 3380 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
grass seed
« on: May 23, 2014, 06:56:44 AM »
Has anyone tried that new grass seed advertised on TV ?   

Bob Villa is the spokesman for the product and some of the claims are too good to be true.   

Offline thundley4

Re: grass seed
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:34:21 AM »
It doesn't seem like it would live up to the claims if used on a thin lawn.  Seems like it could only work on a new lawn if it was the only grass type planted.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: grass seed
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:40:14 AM »
Has anyone tried that new grass seed advertised on TV ?   

Bob Villa is the spokesman for the product and some of the claims are too good to be true.

Oh now vesta, dear, why bother with seeds?

When I was a kid, when we moved from the green verdant Platte River of Nebraska up into the heart of the Sandhills, it was into a brand-new house sort of out in the country.

There's virtually no topsoil in the Sandhills.

My father, instead of planting a lawn, had one installed.  One day these men came in several trucks bearing massive coils of rolled-up dirt.  They laid each one down and unrolled it, laying out a ready-made lawn.

I was impressed.

Ready-made lawns are the way to go, vesta dear.
apres moi, le deluge

Milo Yiannopoulos "It has been obvious since 2016 that Trump carries an anointing of some kind. My American friends, are you so blind to reason, and deaf to Heaven? Can he do all this, and cannot get a crown? This man is your King. Coronate him, and watch every devil shriek, and every demon howl."