Author Topic: Logsplitter part Deux  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Logsplitter part Deux
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
Well, as some of you may or may not know, the logsplitter I built was ripped of from my front yard. I doubt the scumbags who did it wiil be caught, but no matter, homeowners ins covered the loss.

This time I decided to make a bigger splitter. Insted of a 3" cylinder I got a 4" which should be roughly a 20 Ton unit compared to the old one at 8 tons. I picked up some 6" "H" beam to handle the extra load and the frame work will be 3/4" plate. I got it all at a used steel yard, really an old fashioned "junk yard", for 50 bucks. One heck of a deal.

I'll get pics up soon ,as the last thread was great documentation for the insurance company.

Oh, if I ever catch those bastages, I'll run THEM through the splitter!   :evillaugh:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Logsplitter part Deux
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »
Damn!  How long did you have it before it was stolen?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:20:19 PM »
Cool that you got another one.

Hopefully, the worthless **** who did it gets some quality time in the crossbar motel.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »
Damn!  How long did you have it before it was stolen?

5 months. The assholes stole it from in front of my garage (I have a 100' setback from the road) where they had to move a pile of wood and negotiate past my truck. The other thing is the hitch was locked closed, they coulden't get it on a ball, so I'm sure that it was/is still in the neighborhood.

This time a provision for a chain will be incorporated into the design.    :evillaugh:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
Didn't you have a trespassing or burglary problem before then? 

Sounds like my neighborhood.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
Didn't you have a trespassing or burglary problem before then? 

Sounds like my neighborhood.

Actually, never. My daughter has left her bicycle in the front yard for over a year. It's still here.
The cops mentioned that ex cons will steal a splitter so they can make money with firewood.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »
MIG weld your name onto one of those I beams and hide a couple of marks with pics you can use to ID it if the new one gets stolen.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 01:28:44 PM »
A metal stamping set would be nice as you could stamp in a driver's license number or some other number such as a serial number.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 12:29:14 PM »
A metal stamping set would be nice as you could stamp in a driver's license number or some other number such as a serial number.

I did, plus I sent the pics I took while I was building it to the investigating officer.