Author Topic: DUmpmonkiez want Nationalk Anthem banned at sporting events...  (Read 1410 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DUmpmonkiez want Nationalk Anthem banned at sporting events...
« on: October 01, 2017, 12:33:58 AM »
Star Member Grassy Knoll (7,840 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029655742

Should We Eliminate The National Anthem At Sporting Events ?...

..I Don't Need To Be Reminded Where I Live, And Basically
It Has Been My Que To Grab A Beer, An Fire Up The BBQ. 

I Can Only Guess How Many Humans Across The Globe Do The Same,
I Could Be Wrong.

Star Member Skittles (115,211 posts)
1. yes

they're just trying to make sports seem more important than what it actually is - a bunch of very overpaid people playing a ****ing game

Star Member mountain grammy (15,016 posts)
2. Yes, and the military displays.

We're glorifying war.

InAbLuEsTaTe (8,698 posts)
17. I agree, it's too divisive... the anthem and sports don't mix.

Star Member democratisphere (4,176 posts)
7. We wouldn't even be thinking of this if it weren't for a bunch of racists.

Star Member Ms. Toad (15,407 posts)
10. Actually, as I noted below, I've been hoping for it for around 5 decades. n/t

You've wanted to ban the national anthem since 1967?  :bird:

Star Member Ms. Toad (15,407 posts)
9. Yes.

It makes it challenging for me to go to sports events since I have not participated in patriotic rituals for religious reasons for around 5 decades. Because I don't need to make a scene about it, I typically delay arrival until after the ritual. But I would much prefer not having to arrange my participation in sporting/community/political events around whether I expect to be pressured to participate in what to me are spiritually offensive activities.

****ing hippies.

Star Member gopiscrap (15,886 posts)
13. Yes, except at the Olympics

:thatsright:

Hun Joro (658 posts)
19. Yes.

Furthermore, I think we need a new national anthem that doesn't glorify war, slavery and symbol-worship.

:bird:

Star Member PoindexterOglethorpe (3,152 posts)
27. Absolutely.

Let's review the defining characteristics of Fascism.

Number one is: Powerful and Continuing Nationalism. Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbosl, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.

For your own edification, simply google "The defining characteristics of fascism."

More to the point, we do NOT need to be singing/playing the National Anthem at all sporting events, nor do we need to be reciting the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at the start of school nor at every cub scout meeting or local political assembly. It's genuinely offensive, and not only to those whose religion or sincere beliefs don't allow them to participate.

Star Member jaysunb (10,375 posts)
40. The Players union should demand a halt to the payments from the military. n/t

and from the Government. **** the NFL.

jcmaine72 (169 posts)
42. Yes. And absolutely no military expositions.

If you want to see a B2 bomber do a fly by, go to Afghanistan and see one from the perspective of the innocent people we terror bomb.

The only purpose for playing the Anthem or other such idiotic public displays of 'patriotism' is to promote naked jingoism, xenophobia, selfishness and bigotry. Get rid of all this toxic window dressing and just play your stupid sport. Fair enough?

romanic (2,784 posts)
49. Sorry but I think eliminating it is political suicide.

who's mole is this?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: DUmpmonkiez want Nationalk Anthem banned at sporting events...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 12:54:52 AM »
Not my mole.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline vlad335

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 02:41:33 AM »
How do you put toothpaste back in the tube?

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 04:08:20 AM »
Disgusting, traitorous vermin.
They should bring this up right before the next elections, and see what happens.
Notice how they generally only bring up crap like this when a Republican is in office.
 :censored: :bird: to all of them.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 05:29:00 AM »
And they still have no idea why normal people find the left repulsive.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 06:01:38 AM »
I think this was their goal all along. Notice how it progresses,
Liberal mayors cave and take down Confederate monuments.
Next are the founding fathers monuments.
Then its Columbus who must come down.
Now its the anthem and the flag.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »
The winner of the stew-pidist comment goes to ...... a noob.
jcmain72 (170 posts)
42. Yes. And absolutely no military expositions.

If you want to see a B2 bomber do a fly by, go to Afghanistan and see one from the perspective of the innocent people we terror bomb.  :thatsright:

The only purpose for playing the Anthem or other such idiotic public displays of 'patriotism' is to promote naked jingoism, xenophobia, selfishness and bigotry. Get rid of all this toxic window dressing and just play your stupid sport. Fair enough?

This is interesting.
Star Member Ms. Toad (15,407 posts) <=== MrsCorpio's niece?
57. The problem here, at the moment, is that once the NFL sees their revenue drop

they will make standing mandatory. Even though it was initiated by Trump, it will not be the government mandating participation in the patriotic ritual - and employers can require it.

So the upshot is likely, in short order, to be an NFL rule requiring presence on the field, standing.
No, the rule book governs game play, not overall conduct. Now, the Operations Manual does cover the broad range of game issues. Here's what it says in regards to the National Anthem.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.
Any questions, toady?

A moment of clarity in the cass pit.

Response to Grassy Knoll (Original post)Sun Oct 1, 2017, 12:53 AM
romanic (2,784 posts)
49. Sorry but I think eliminating it is political suicide. Dern tootin' it is.

Reply to this post

Response to romanic (Reply #49)Sun Oct 1, 2017, 01:10 AM
Star Member Purveyor (29,683 posts)
56. Ding, ding, ding...winner of the thread! If the meme of the Dem cause is trashing

the patriotic foundations we have all grown up to admire...then we will loose. lose again. fify
Trust me, we will remind the voting public of the dems duplicity.
Prepare for even more loses next GE. It will be so massive the hilliary will lose a third time. (and, she  won't even be on the ballot,)

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”