Author Topic: EdenPure Gen4 Heater  (Read 28302 times)

Offline cavegal

EdenPure Gen4 Heater
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »
Anyone else ever bought one?

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: EdenPure Gen4 Heater
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »
Not that I know of.  Someone probably would have mentioned it by now.  There's at least one (possibly more) discussions in this forum about heaters.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
no........
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline cavegal

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »
no........
OK boss.... no problem.. I just do not want anyone to buy this product......ever!

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:53:55 PM »
Did it burn your house down? :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 02:57:20 PM »
Did it burn your house down? :(
No had that been the issue at least it would have put out heat!  Both of them worked for a few hours then shut off then when we turned them on again they only put out cold air.. When  we called customer support they hung up, then put us on hold, then a busy signal.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »
I spent $50 for a Honeywell oil heater at Wal-Mart and I love it.  I have to use two in my apartment, but they do a good job.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »
I spent $50 for a Honeywell oil heater at Wal-Mart and I love it.  I have to use two in my apartment, but they do a good job.
How cold does it get for you? How big of a room does it heat?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »
Between 0-32 degrees and 800 sq ft.  It rarely drops below zero here.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »
Between 0-32 degrees and 800 sq ft.  It rarely drops below zero here.
hmm that would work for upstairs, how much oil does it burn?  What model number is it?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:41:33 PM by cavegal »

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »
hmm that would work for upstairs, how much oil does it burn?  What model number is it?

It doesn't "burn" oil. It's oil filled and heats the oil. The oil retains the heat better.  We have three of them here and one little ceramic heater.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline cavegal

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 05:15:18 PM »
It doesn't "burn" oil. It's oil filled and heats the oil. The oil retains the heat better.  We have three of them here and one little ceramic heater.
hmm I will look it up.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »
I wish it had an auto-on timer... a regular outlet timer won't work on mine.  That's the only complaint I have so far.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 05:32:24 PM »
They do have auto timers that will hold up to 15 amps of current. http://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-DT620CL-Indoor-Astronomic-Digital/dp/B001KBZUMG

Unless yours is electronic, just leave the power switch on.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 05:54:37 PM »
My electric bill has only gone up a few dollars where I was paying $100 and more per month for the same amount of gas heat during the winter.  These electric heaters do suck up the juice, though.  The lowest setting is 300 watts (good for an average-sized bedroom), while the highest is 900.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »
I wish it had an auto-on timer... a regular outlet timer won't work on mine.  That's the only complaint I have so far.
I read a review earlier on that, the person complained the timer did not work on his either. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 06:11:36 PM »
The hourly off timer works, but there's no 'on' timer.  If you want to turn it on, you have to physically push the button.  I wish I could turn them off while I was sleeping and have then turn back on an hour before I get up in the morning. 

I may be able to take the electronic controls out and fabricate something but not everybody would go trough that kind of trouble.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
thank you Thor for that link.. chris_ I am going to look at those style heaters. Thank you too!

Offline cavegal

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 06:14:38 PM »
The hourly off timer works, but there's no 'on' timer.  If you want to turn it on, you have to physically push the button.  I wish I could turn them off while I was sleeping and have then turn back on an hour before I get up in the morning. 

I may be able to take the electronic controls out and fabricate something but not everybody would go trough that kind of trouble.
True dat! My hubby would. He wanted to take apart those edenpure and fix them. I got him to just send them back, so next week I will drive the 90 miles to the UPS place... all part of living here.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
thank you Thor for that link.. chris_ I am going to look at those style heaters. Thank you too!
Wal Mart stocks them regularly.  You shouldn't have to pay more than $65 (plus tax) for one.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=honeywell+oil+heaters&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16408509155095465954&ei=osQCTbeNNIH7lweO5Ny5CQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQ8gIwAA#

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »
The ones we have are analog. Walmart has them for $40 here, I think

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:39 PM »
The ones we have are analog. Walmart has them for $40 here, I think

That's a lot cheaper than the Honeywell.  I noticed there is another brand (Kaz) that is selling the same model for the same price.  Not sure what's up with that other than outsourcing.

I was thinking I could probably yank the electrical controls from this one and replace them with a programmable thermostat and have it do what I want.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 10:06:59 PM »
Another vote for the oil heaters.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi