Author Topic: I highly recommend the news media start to re-focus on the virus.  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213546905

shockey80
I highly recommend the news media start to re-focus on the virus.

At this rate, there will be 250,000 dead Americans by election day. If there is a surge or second wave, that number could be a lot higher.

The economic numbers that came out today and that will come out the future are very misleading. People are starting to relax, like the worst is over. That could be a major mistake.

The virus is still spreading, it is still killing a thousand people per day.

I am not ready to relax yet. I am not convinced it is safe for me to return to my job. I am going to continue to do what I have been doing until I know it is safe. I don't care how long it takes.

The DUmmies are scared. Terrified. The economy is starting to come back already and they can’t have that. The protesters/rioters made them look bad and they can’t have that. The protesters/rioters are going to spread the virus. One of these posters thinks if Pence and Fauci has simply kept telling people how bad the virus is the protesters/rioters would have stayed home.  :lmao:

jimfields33
2. I think that'd be a huge mistake
The media will begin seeing if anybody from the protests have a positive or gave it to a family member. How will that help the Democratic Party?

global1
3. What Happened To The Virus Task Force?....
Where's Pence and Fauci? How come we're not getting any updates on cases and deaths? They should have been warning people on a regular basis that this virus is still with us and it is still dangerous. Because of the rush to re-open - they dropped the regular reports. The protests were of benefit to Trump as it took the focus off the virus and it really made the people complacent.

Trump may try and blame the protesters for any new spike in the numbers - but I say that he and his administration shoulder the blame because they didn't continue the updates and warnings and people think it just magically disappeared like Trump said it would.

Their world is falling apart and they know it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Re: I highly recommend the news media start to re-focus on the virus.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 08:52:23 AM »
Trump may try and blame the protesters for any new spike in the numbers -

I don't know about President Trump but I will certainly be blaming the rioters/looters/arsonists for any new spikes.  :popcorn:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 08:52:55 AM »
hunter
4. My sister lives in Republican Land. It seems the consensus there is to ignore the virus...
... and not count the dead.

Several people in her town have already died of the virus but they were elderly or had health problems and their deaths are attributed to that.

I don't think it's surprising. Evangelical Christians who think Trump is God's chosen one already live in their own reality. If they choose not to see Trump's failures as a leader and as a human being, if they choose not to see how he defiles their own religious beliefs, then they can easily choose not to see how this virus is something worse than the common cold.

One little observation here; George Floyd is going to be the ONLY person in this country who was COVID positive whose death will NOT be attributed to COVID. Just sayin

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 09:07:55 AM »
Riots are killing us ... no new Gotcha-Trump in the narrative pipeline ... recycle the coronavirus false narrative until a new Gotcha-Trump comes along.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »
Quote from:
global1

What Happened To The Virus Task Force? Where's Pence and Fauci? How come we're not getting any updates on cases and deaths? They should have been warning people on a regular basis that this virus is still with us and it is still dangerous.

And if they had done that, you'd be screaming that they were trying to silence BLM, Antifa, and the protest/riot marches.

You make it so easy to spot you as being hypocrites.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 10:05:50 AM »

New York City reports no new coronavirus deaths for first time since mid-March

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-no-coronavirus-deaths
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 10:56:48 AM »
global1

What Happened To The Virus Task Force? 1.) Where's Pence and Fauci? How come we're not getting any updates on cases and deaths? They should have been warning people on a regular basis that this virus is still with us and it is still dangerous. 2.)

1.) Would that be the Virus Task Force Good Progs mocked?

2.) Anyone who hasn't known that for months has been living under a rock.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 12:32:41 PM »
Too bad the rioters, looters, and protesters, weren’t thinking about the healthcare workers. So sad. So selfish. And as the DUmmies would say “all of these people will be dead by November.”

The only difference in conservatives dying before November and democrats dying before November, the dead conservatives will change the way they vote ...

KC

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 01:03:47 PM »
Too bad the rioters, looters, and protesters, weren’t thinking about the healthcare workers. So sad. So selfish. And as the DUmmies would say “all of these people will be dead by November.”

The only difference in conservatives dying before November and democrats dying before November, the dead conservatives will change the way they vote ...

KC

In Massachusetts the health care workers that were sooooo concerned with opening the beach too soon are supporting all the so called protests here. Hypocrites.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »
In Massachusetts the health care workers that were sooooo concerned with opening the beach too soon are supporting all the so called protests here. Hypocrites.

Amazing how attitudes change, isn’t it?  And none seem concerned with the narrative the virus kills blacks disproportionately. Or maybe their racist colors are shining through. OR, maybe that wasn’t true to begin with ...

KC

*Stolen

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 03:25:58 PM »

One little observation here; George Floyd is going to be the ONLY person in this country who was COVID positive whose death will NOT be attributed to COVID. Just sayin

KC

You sure about that?
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 04:16:51 PM »
You sure about that?

About, what?  I guess he COULD be counted as a COVID death without anyone knowing he was in that count, but we’ll never hear he was a victim of COVID like so many others.

KC

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 05:02:42 PM »

Amazing how attitudes change, isn’t it?  And none seem concerned with the narrative the virus kills blacks disproportionately. Or maybe their racist colors are shining through. OR, maybe that wasn’t true to begin with ...

KC

It continues to get worse.  Mentally ill dyke AG, Mayor Walsh and Governor Parker now barring Law enforcement personnel from the MBTA public transportation (buses, trains etc.)

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06/05/mbta-to-stop-transporting-police-to-from-george-floyd-protests/

:mad:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2020, 05:50:50 PM »
shockey80

Showing the out of control progressives could cost us the election. :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 06:13:51 PM »
Be a real shame if there is a huge spike in COVID-19 cases and they all happen in cities that had riots and looting, AND all the new cases are young POC.   :whistling:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 06:49:48 PM »
Be a real shame if there is a huge spike in COVID-19 cases and they all happen in cities that had riots and looting, AND all the new cases are young POC.   :whistling:

Actually in many cities, it'll be guilty white young liberals who contract it.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 06:54:21 PM »

I’ll tell you one thing that will never happen in my house. You’ll never, ever see me kneel before the race baiters. I’ll kneel for my God and that’s the extent of it.

KC

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 07:02:44 PM »

The kissing the shoes of black people deserve it.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 08:01:19 PM »
shockey80

At this rate, there will be 250,000 dead Americans by election day. If there is a surge or second wave, that number could be a lot higher.

The economic numbers that came out today and that will come out the future are very misleading. People are starting to relax, like the worst is over. That could be a major mistake.

I am not ready to relax yet. I am not convinced it is safe for me to return to my job. I am going to continue to do what I have been doing until I know it is safe. I don't care how long it takes.

I agree. All protests are cancelled. If you show up, you get locked up in quarantine.  Lock up the folks that are not obeying the law!!!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 01:38:28 AM »
This thread highlights how unAmerican and dysfunctional it is to be DUmmie:

1 - They really are hoping that there is a second wave of Kung Flu that kills tens of thousands of more Americans merely because they don't like President Trump and can't stand the thought of him winning a second term. Those lives mean absolutely nothing to them compared to Trump losing.

2 - They don't want the economy to recover and would just as soon see tens of millions of their fellow citizens suffer through economic hardship for another nine months. Again just because they don't like President Trump.

3 - Despite the fact that the current riots and violence have exposed just how poorly Democrats do at running large blue cities they'd just as soon have it continue in order to keep the economy stalled and, at least in their minds, damage Trump's political outlook. And once again they don't care how many citizens' lives and livelihoods are ruined, as long as it hurts Trump.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2020, 07:50:30 AM »
Star Member Rhiannon12866 (114,570 posts)
15. Good question. We're not talking about it anymore - Trump has found his "distraction"

Thousands of violent looters and rioters destroying public and private property is a "distraction"?

Your a f**king fool. :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 10:46:24 AM »
jimfields33
2. I think that'd be a huge mistake
The media will begin seeing if anybody from the protests have a positive or gave it to a family member. How will that help the Democratic Party?

Are you morons genuinely concerned about the health and welfare of the American people or how bad the optics will be when a light is shined on the newly infected as a direct result of the non social distance wilding that took place during the democrat party sanctioned protesters/rioters/looters?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 11:10:22 AM »
Ya know, as often as I've mocked DU delusions of relevance and the idea that anyone would take advice from them, I think US MSM actually might take shockey80's advice seriously. :rotf:

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 04:10:49 PM »
And if they had done that, you'd be screaming that they were trying to silence BLM, Antifa, and the protest/riot marches.

You make it so easy to spot you as being hypocrites.

Blue states and cities not only encouraged "protesters" (what few there were) but encouraged the looters and rioters.  And yes, we will attribute EVERY SINGLE COVID 19 death or contagion to these looters and rioters.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 04:11:39 PM »
Are you morons genuinely concerned about the health and welfare of the American people or how bad the optics will be when a light is shined on the newly infected as a direct result of the non social distance wilding that took place during the democrat party sanctioned encouraged protesters/rioters/looters?

FIFY (no charge)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.