Author Topic: I hereby demand...  (Read 758 times)

Offline Delmar

I hereby demand...
« on: May 20, 2018, 04:22:14 PM »
Sun May 20, 2018, 02:41 PM
Star Member DonViejo (43,208 posts)

Trump says he will ask Justice Department to look into campaign surveillance

Source: Reuters

Reuters•May 20, 2018

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Sunday he would ask the Justice Department to look into whether his 2016 presidential campaign was infiltrated or surveilled by the FBI or the department under the Obama administration.

The Republican president's pronouncement followed a morning in which he posted seven tweets denouncing as a "witch hunt" the federal investigation of whether his campaign worked with Russia to sway the election.

"I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!"
Trump wrote on Twitter.

Earlier, Trump, without naming Special Counsel Robert Mueller, repeated his criticism of the probe as politically motivated. He reprised his attacks on Hillary Clinton, his Democratic challenger in 2016 and maintained that the Democrats were not submitted to the same scrutiny by the FBI.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-ask-justice-department-look-campaign-surveillance-175203905.html?soc_trk=gcm&soc_src=ecd5e8af-dc90-3332-9efb-d522bf6b8dfa&.tsrc=notification-brknews
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10142063314

The gloves are coming off.  It's about damn time for an investigation into the real collusion that took place during the 2016 election.

Response to DonViejo (Original post)Sun May 20, 2018, 02:45 PM
Star Member pnwmom (90,522 posts)
2. No, Trump said he DEMANDED -- not asked. n/t
Response to pnwmom (Reply #2)Sun May 20, 2018, 02:50 PM
Star Member greatauntoftriplets (165,357 posts)
5. Just like a little boy having a temper tantrum.
No, just like the president, the HMFIC of the executive branch.  Suck on that, shitgibbon.

Response to DonViejo (Original post)Sun May 20, 2018, 02:51 PM
Ccarmona (859 posts)
6. CMon, When Are the Repugs Going to Reign in their "King" ?

The Founding Fathers explicitly wrote the Constitution to deter the President from using the Powers of the Executive Branch as his own for punishing his enemies. They lived under a King in England knew how much damage a leader with ultimate power could do. No one, not even the President, is above the law.
An investigation will prove that that is exactly what Barry did-- he used the Powers of the Executive Branch for punishing his political enemy.

Response to DonViejo (Original post)Sun May 20, 2018, 03:03 PM
Star Member Yonnie3 (2,723 posts)
12. He did not write that tweet without help.

Giuliani, Hannity, or ???

What's going to happen?

The DOJ says OK, we will get back to you. Four weeks later nothing to report.

Much like the Obama wire tapping Trump Tower nonsense.
Just suppose that Giuliani or Hannity did help him write the tweet, does that make him guilty of some new type of collusion?  What's going to happen?  Pain.

Response to DonViejo (Original post)Sun May 20, 2018, 03:09 PM
Star Member LiberalLovinLug (7,662 posts)
13. so...any surveilence done by the FBI while Obama was in office is "political"?

Even if there were suspicions of criminal activity?
That's what we're going to find out.

Response to Honeycombe8 (Reply #22)Sun May 20, 2018, 04:51 PM
Star Member paleotn (3,761 posts)
27. Someone he can never, ever be, no matter what he does.

Barrack Obama is the epitome of what a US President should be.
In that regard, he sits with the greats. Dumpster can't even hope to reach that plateau. His inferiority complex is warranted. As his worthless father probably told him many times, he is a piece of shit. Deep in his cluttered, putrid mind he knows that and it eats him up inside.
LOL.  Barry is going to get taken down a peg or two.

:popcorn:
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I hereby demand...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 04:32:59 PM »
You gotta be kidding me.

"Barack Obama is the epitome of what a US president should be."

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
apres moi, le deluge