Author Topic: Gov. Kay Ivey on gay accusations: 'It's false. It's wrong'  (Read 812 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142060596
brooklynite (43,119 posts)

Gov. Kay Ivey on gay accusations: 'It's false. It's wrong'
Source: Brimingham News

A little more than 12 hours after a state legislator suggested she was gay, Gov. Kay Ivey again issued a strong denial on Wednesday morning.

"There's absolutely no truth to it," Ivey said. "It's false. It's wrong."

...snip...

State Rep. Patricia Todd, D-Birmingham, and the state's only openly gay lawmaker, rattled Alabama's political landscape when she posted on Twitter and Facebook that "someone needs to out (Ivey) already...I have heard for years that she is gay."

Todd also mentioned a "girlfriend" who moved out of the house when Ivey became governor in April 2017. "I am sick of closeted elected officials," Todd posted on Tuesday.

Read more: https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/gov_kay_ivey_on_gay_accusation.html

Liberalagogo (1,437 posts)

1. FYI, you don't "accuse" people of being gay

You accuse people of crimes.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Liberalagogo (Reply #1)Wed May 16, 2018, 10:36 PM
NNadir (21,645 posts)

3. I have been accused of being heterosexual.

There have been many such intimations, because I am a male and I am openly living with a woman and her two children, both of whom people have noted kind of look like me.

I have been accused of having a relationship with this woman which could have a sexual component.

Well, I talked it over with my family and I decided to come out about it. I am a heterosexual. The accusations are all true. I can't help it. I was born this way. Even though I am a man, I have always been attracted to women.

My family has been understanding and supportive, and there seems to have been no repercussions at my job. In fact, I have recently learned that some of my colleagues are heterosexuals, and living openly as such.

I finally feel free to be who I am.
Reply to this post

Response to NNadir (Reply #3)Wed May 16, 2018, 11:01 PM

4. Your post is idiotic.

And very demeaning and insulting. Welcome to ignore.

Sexuality is NOT something you accuse someone of. You accuse people of CRIMES. But you just won't even attempt to understand that and use some weak lame privileged analogy.

Your lack of a  tag speaks volumes.
Reply to this post

Response to Liberalagogo (Reply #4)Thu May 17, 2018, 08:07 AM
NNadir (21,645 posts)

5. You have no sense of humor. I appreciate the ignore.

I brought this over because the DUmmies either do not know or are trying to ignore the fact the accuser Walldude-ed herself.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/patricia_todds_job_offer_resci.html

State Rep. Patricia Todd has had her employment offer from a Florida LGBTQ nonprofit rescinded for strongly suggesting that Gov. Kay Ivey is gay and deserves to be outed, the organization announced Thursday.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Gov. Kay Ivey on gay accusations: 'It's false. It's wrong'
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 01:31:41 PM »
State Rep. Patricia Todd has had her employment offer from a Florida LGBTQ nonprofit rescinded for strongly suggesting that Gov. Kay Ivey is gay and deserves to be outed, the organization announced Thursday.0
Oops-a-daisy    :rotf:  :rotf:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 02:18:23 PM »
Looks like Ivey's "crime" is that she is a single Republican woman. IOW, it's open season on her.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »

1. FYI, you don't "accuse" people of being gay

You accuse people of crimes.
Reply to this post

accuse: charge (someone) with an offense or crime or claim that (someone) has done something wrong.

offense: a thing that constitutes a violation of what is judged to be right or natural

right: morally good, justified, or acceptable

Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 04:21:23 PM »
Quibbling the definition of "Is" (= "accuse") is DUpipo's defense mechanism against talking about a member of a protected class making an ass of herself.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.