Author Topic: Dummie Donviejo posts about Harry Reid pancreatice cancer  (Read 1163 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

Dummie Donviejo posts about Harry Reid pancreatice cancer
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:57:53 PM »
The Link:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142059242

The OP:
DonViejo (42,942 posts)

Harry Reid receiving treatment for pancreatic cancer
Source: Politico

By BURGESS EVERETT and JOHN BRESNAHAN 05/14/2018 02:43 PM EDT

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer, a person close to Reid said.

Reid underwent surgery on Monday at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, and his doctors caught the cancer early, the person said.

###

Read more: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/14/harry-reid-receiving-treatment-for-pancreatic-cancer-585646

I must note that good old Harry got the same malady that the late red rotund one had.

Lots of get well soon stuff... which I won't bring over... but there were a couple posts that reminded me of the late red rotund one and the scandal that rocked the internet.

dixiegrrrrl (54,129 posts)
25. Good thing he could afford access to good doctors. n/t

Unlike poor Andy

RandySF (17,986 posts)
3. Crap

There’s usually no coming back from that one.

As Andy found out.

mentalsolstice (4,042 posts)
12. My best friend had this

He was diagnosed on a Monday and died two Mondays later.

Andy at least got to take a fund raising tour across the USA before he died.

livetohike (19,445 posts)
9. I get updates from the Johns Hopkins pancreatic study team.

My siblings and I are registered with the program. We lost our Dad and paternal Grandfather to the disease. Lots of progress since my Dad passed in 2004. I wish the best to Senator Reid.

Unlike poor dead Andy who was denied access to Johns Hopkins. Seems the dummies blamed Frank for that one.

DFW (28,305 posts)
 If they caught it early he MIGHT have a chance.

I wonder if Keith Lillimoe is still performing this surgery there?

My father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January of 2000. His first comment was, "so much for clean living." He, too was operated on at Johns Hopkins, but it was too late. He lasted until November 27th, something no one thought he would do. He was just completely determined to celebrate his 50th wedding anniversary, which he barely did.

It is one of the most evil forms of cancer, since by the time it is diagnosed, it is usually too late to do anything about it.

Another dummie whose family had access to Johns Hopkins... unlike poor dead Andy.

That is all the interesting posts. The rest are pretty much white healing light.   

For the people here who were not around for the scandal that rocked the internet, Johns Hopkins was a central player in it.  Frank has better details than I... seeing as he killed poor Andy and all that.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Dummie Donviejo posts about Harry Reid pancreatice cancer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »
I have a very strong dislike of Reid’s political positions, but wouldn’t wish that diagnosis on anyone.

Good luck to Harry, and those who love him personally.

LC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 07:34:06 AM »
I have a very strong dislike of Reid’s political positions, but wouldn’t wish that diagnosis on anyone.

LC

H5, as you echo my sentiments on this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 07:53:27 AM »
It took me a while to come to this conclusion, but I realized that I hate pancreatic cancer more than I dislike Harry Reid. I hope he recovers well and is there for his family for years to come.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 09:29:31 AM »
My aunt died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 55 in 1985. She died only two months after her diagnosis. It was brutal.

Almost exactly a year after her diagnosis I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease. At that time, the docs were able to reassure me that I had a curable form of cancer, and here I am, 32 years later.

No doubt, some progress has been made on treating pancreatic cancer since 1985, but I haven't heard of anyone surviving more than a couple of years, at best.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 11:06:13 AM »
My aunt died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 55 in 1985. She died only two months after her diagnosis. It was brutal.
No doubt, some progress has been made on treating pancreatic cancer since 1985, but I haven't heard of anyone surviving more than a couple of years, at best.

I grew up 6 or 7 miles from the nearest town. Our neighbors were my Dad's brother and his family. In the mid-60s he started having symptoms that the doctors couldn't figure out. After a year or so they did exploratory surgery. They found he had pancreatic cancer, untreatable. I don't recall how long after that he died, but he never saw his sons graduate from high school, let alone meet their future wives or his future grandchildren. My Aunt went from being a SAHM who didn't drive to learning to drive, resuming her career as an RN, and raising two great young men.

I dislike Harry Reid, but not ^ THAT ^ much.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 11:56:09 AM »
I dislike Harry Reid, but not ^ THAT ^ much.
Thumbs up.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 12:13:52 PM »

LC

Agreed.

I heard today they caught it in time, which is great since if missed it is a miserable and terminal condition.

No matter what DUpipo think, you are in my prayers, Harry.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 01:25:09 PM »
Agreed.

I heard today they caught it in time, which is great since if missed it is a miserable and terminal condition.

No matter what DUpipo think, you are in my prayers, Harry.
In the past the symptoms tended to be so non-specific that by the time the cancer was found it was too late. IIRC, Judge Ginsburg also had and survived pancreatic cancer. I hope this means diagnosis has improved.