Author Topic: So, At Kroger's this morning  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
So, At Kroger's this morning
« on: September 25, 2020, 02:08:08 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214132454

634-5789 (393 posts)

So, at Kroger's this morning...

I'm wearing my RIDIN ' WITH BIDEN 2020 Tee, and the store wasn't quite open, and this camoed 60 YO comes up and told me that I was 'One of them gawd damn communists that back Sleepy Joe'. I didn't say a word, and the longer we stood there, the more angry he got, demanding that Biden's kid be jailed, and that we were all communists and that Biden was a pedophile and now 'muriKKKa was nothing more than another Viet Nam, ...on and on. The Store finally (after about 5 minutes) opened and he went in, no mask of course and was down at the meat counter screaming that same ignorance to the meat counter employee. I never said a word, got my groceries and while I was packing up the car, out he comes, STILL RAGING! Lotsa MAGAt anger these days...

I have to rate this zero bong hits

There was no conversion, no cheering onlookers, no "witty retorts"

Traildogbob (1,877 posts)

51. You wanna avoid that crap?

My daughter is an ICU nurse. On her way home after 12 hour shifts she has to stop to get groceries. When in her scrubs people move quickly away. So get a set of scrubs for shopping. Smear some green slimy stuff over the front, wear a mask and put the same green on it. Nobody will get within 50 feet of you. And cough while you shop.
I wear my “Shut The F**K up Donnie” mask, with my Navy Special Forces ball cap with steel toed Heavy boots. Right in the middle of bubbaville and never get a second look. Saw a shirt here at DU that said, “This sucker (veteran) will not vote for this loser (picture of trump). Vets against Trump. I wanna get that “top”. Gimme that “top”. I need that “top”.
Want to thank you all here that reinforce the do not entice them into conflict. You help talk me down. My anger is teetering on the edge, and I really do not want my gubment paid training to get me in “not-so-good” trouble. Try the scrubs deterrence.

1. As a nurse, people don't avoid me when I am in scrubs-In fact, they often approach and ask questions.
2. If she is working in an ICU, wearing scrubs home, and stopping at a store, that is a HUGE infection control issue.
3. What the hell is Navy Special Forces
4. I am sure you are a regular badass, you should let that anger free

nmgaucho (527 posts)

19. Exactly this

I'm 6'3" 250 lbs and athletic so of course he wouldnt have said any of those things to me. I would have replied similarly but with even a harsher response
Why am I reminded of the Brad Paisley Song  "online."

vlyons (7,274 posts)

8. Always remember -- Sticks and stones may break your bones,

but words will never hurt you. You do not exist with his labels for you. His labels are merely projections of his very own mind.

My take on such angry assholes is that they are angry at life, because life is not fair. It's not fair (from his viewpoint) that black people get good-paying jobs, rather than pick cotton on a plantation somewhere. It's not fair that women want to go to college and have men's careers, rather than stay home to clean house and change diapers. It's not fair that Jews and Mexicans can move into their neighborhood.

Unfortunately, no one has ever told such assholes the 4 true facts of life, the 1st one of which is "there is suffering." Welcome to samsara!

Thank-you for keeping you cool and not letting that asshole contaminate your mind with his angry words.

Huh?

as to the last line....the only ones that think a world without suffering can be achieved are the DUmmies and
If a DUmmie actually sprouted this nonsense at me, I'd just say Momento Mori

Act_of_Reparation (7,826 posts)

41. Bullshit.

Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can get you killed.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

We got a tough guy over here!

I like this exchange:

Star Member rzemanfl (26,954 posts)

18. Why is it everything happens to you?

Yesterday your neighbor calls the cops. Today you meet a crazed MAGAT at Kroger....

Maybe you should hire a bodyguard.
Reply to this post

Response to rzemanfl (Reply #18)Fri Sep 25, 2020, 10:05 AM
634-5789 (393 posts)

20. It's no mystery, but I'm not going into details here.
👍
Reply to this post

Response to 634-5789 (Reply #20)Fri Sep 25, 2020, 10:42 AM
Star Member rzemanfl (26,954 posts)

29. I am reminded of a joke.

A poor, unfortunate peasant undergoes a series of calamities and misfortunes. Finally, when locusts eat his crops and his family faces starvation, he looks to the sky and says, "Why me God, why me?"

A voice booms down from the heavens, "I dunno, there's just something about you that pisses me off."

HAHAHAHA

Reply to this post

Response to rzemanfl (Reply #29)Fri Sep 25, 2020, 10:54 AM
634-5789 (393 posts)

33. Nice!

There's nothing i could do about today's grocery store incident, but I'm one of 2 liberals here on the cul de sac of 34 houses, I write a LOT of checks to progressive causes, and wear buttons, hats, etc. and that seems tor really piss off some of these 'good christians' around here. And I'm the 2nd oldest people here, and that also seems to piss these idiots off...don't know why, but it does.The idiot yesterday was the same one that stuck a Bible in my mailbox with highlighted passages about homosexuality being wrong. after I flew
a rainbow flag when Congress passed that equality ruling.....I'm straight, been married for 45 years, and I think...THINK she may have a screw loose.... not really sure, but she hates me and the wife.

This DUmmie thinks that EVERYONE else is the crazy one...

Offline SVPete

Re: So, At Kroger's this morning
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 02:24:54 PM »
I'll take Things That Couldn't Even Happen in a Perpendicular Universe for $10, Art. So much DUmbness, :rotf:  :tongue: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 02:43:11 PM »
I'll take Things That Couldn't Even Happen in a Perpendicular Universe for $10, Art. So much DUmbness, :rotf:  :tongue: .

Haha perpendicular!

Seriously,
I live in the bluest of blue states...

Trump Supporters don't yell at anyone at stores or in parking lots...
There has been some mutual bird flips between members of opposing factions; but that's about the extent of it.

Outside of the rallies, I rarely see angry and worked people (politics) on either side. I have even witnessed a MAGA hat wearing individual, have a polite, congenial conversation with a Biden Shirt wearing person.  (were both of these people consorting with the enemy*gasp*

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 04:53:24 PM »
Haha perpendicular!

Seriously,

There has been some mutual bird flips between members of opposing factions; but that's about the extent of it.

Outside of the rallies, I rarely see angry and worked people (politics) on either side. I have even witnessed a MAGA hat wearing individual, have a polite, congenial conversation with a Biden Shirt wearing person.  (were both of these people consorting with the enemy*gasp*

Unless you also live in CA that may be arguable, :-) . I promise, if I ever see a Biden-Harris or a Biden sticker on I880 or SR-17, I'll .......... do nothing different from what I was doing before. If there's a R-party-line-only mirror-image of DU "out there" I would be a poor fit.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 05:36:36 PM »
Unless you also live in CA that may be arguable, :-) . I promise, if I ever see a Biden-Harris or a Biden sticker on I880 or SR-17, I'll .......... do nothing different from what I was doing before. If there's a R-party-line-only mirror-image of DU "out there" I would be a poor fit.

Yup,

Commiefornia
Inland Empire AO

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 06:29:53 PM »
Response to 634-5789 (Original post)Fri Sep 25, 2020, 10:44 AM
brewens (8,296 posts)
31. I wear either my Bubba Wallace or DU t-shirt whenever I go shopping. I don't get any crap

from anyone. I'm 59, 6'1" 220 and look like I'm cut out of stone. Plus I always have a can of MAGA't spray on my hip.

I present the new democrat underground internet grand champion tough guy.

Looks like he's cut out of stone.  The Mike Hammer of DU.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 07:13:25 AM »
I'm wearing my RIDIN ' WITH BIDEN 2020 Tee, and the store wasn't quite open

Right there I knew it was fiction. No Dummie is awake and out in the world before Kroger's opens up.  If anything, the DUmmie was waiting for one of the electric wheel chairs to be charged up.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 07:16:37 AM »
I couldn't believe it... I was right in the epicenter of the louisville riots on Thursday.  This black run gas station was selling trump 2020 bumper stickers. Not a single biden one in sight
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 08:26:29 AM »
Response to 634-5789 (Original post)Fri Sep 25, 2020, 10:44 AM
brewens (8,296 posts)
31. I wear either my Bubba Wallace or DU t-shirt whenever I go shopping. I don't get any crap

from anyone. I'm 59, 6'1" 220 and look like I'm cut out of stone. Plus I always have a can of MAGA't spray on my hip.

Trump voters are more likely to wish him Divinely salubrious cardiac health. :-) But ...

:badass:

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 08:32:13 AM »
Yup,

Commiefornia
Inland Empire AO

IE is purple and the LEAST representative area of So cal, much less the State.  Try wearing your MAGA hat downtown ir in the SGV.  Take it up north past Ventura.

Now in OC it would be welcome and a "joe and the ho" T shirt would just get a pitying look.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 09:37:20 AM »
IE is purple and the LEAST representative area of So cal, much less the State.  Try wearing your MAGA hat downtown ir in the SGV.  Take it up north past Ventura.

Now in OC it would be welcome and a "joe and the ho" T shirt would just get a pitying look.

In terms of square miles CA is probably mostly red-purple. It's just that deer, trout, dairy cows, jackrabbits, and Joshua trees can't vote.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 03:12:45 PM »
Haha perpendicular!

Seriously,

About 6 mo ago and after reading all these stories about hat-stealing jerks and whatnot, I decided I'd start wearing my MAGA hat all the time when I go out. The only exception is if I'm dealing with food because I don't trust these degenerates. So far, I've yet to have a single negative interaction. All I ever get is a "love the hat" or thumbs-up type responses from other people. I've yet to encounter one of these steel-balled, outspoken badasses who insist on telling me how racist or fascist I am while standing in the checkout line.
My state went Trump like almost 70% or something like that in 2016. But the city I live in is hopelessly infected with blue idiots. They just don't seem very willing to step out there so they can have a story to share at the DUmp for some reason... and I'm not particularly intimidating in appearance by any stretch.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 04:10:10 PM »
About 6 mo ago and after reading all these stories about hat-stealing jerks and whatnot, I decided I'd start wearing my MAGA hat all the time when I go out. The only exception is if I'm dealing with food because I don't trust these degenerates. So far, I've yet to have a single negative interaction. All I ever get is a "love the hat" or thumbs-up type responses from other people. I've yet to encounter one of these steel-balled, outspoken badasses who insist on telling me how racist or fascist I am while standing in the checkout line.
My state went Trump like almost 70% or something like that in 2016. But the city I live in is hopelessly infected with blue idiots. They just don't seem very willing to step out there so they can have a story to share at the DUmp for some reason... and I'm not particularly intimidating in appearance by any stretch.
Remember this one? Still don't know its DU name
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/437519-woman-loses-job-after-confronting-man-in-maga-hat-at-starbucks
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 07:21:47 PM »
I went to Krogers this morning as well, dummie.  With my MAGA hat on.

I got my shit, checked out, and went home.  Not a liberal in sight.  No confrontations, no libbys screaming, no cops in bushes jumping out.  Just me getting my shit.

Oh did I mention it was 08:00 hrs?  No?  Well Im sure that had something to do with it. You libs don't seem to be able to get out of bed before noon.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 12:45:53 PM »
Traildogbob (1,877 posts)

My daughter is an ICU nurse. On her way home after 12 hour shifts she has to stop to get groceries. When in her scrubs people move quickly away. So get a set of scrubs for shopping. Smear some green slimy stuff over the front, wear a mask and put the same green on it. Nobody will get within 50 feet of you. And cough while you shop.
I wear my “Shut The F**K up Donnie” mask, with my Navy Special Forces ball cap with steel toed Heavy boots. Right in the middle of bubbaville and never get a second look. Saw a shirt here at DU that said, “This sucker (veteran) will not vote for this loser (picture of trump). Vets against Trump. I wanna get that “top”. Gimme that “top”. I need that “top”.
Want to thank you all here that reinforce the do not entice them into conflict. You help talk me down. My anger is teetering on the edge, and I really do not want my gubment paid training to get me in “not-so-good” trouble. Try the scrubs deterrence.
I wonder if he will get the one with "This stupid bastard will vote for this loser (picture of Biden)" when it comes out?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8775843/Joe-Biden-calls-service-members-stupid-bastards-2016-joke.html

No proof Trump said what they think he said. Biden is on tape saying this ("clap for that you stupid bastards") in 2016 in front of some troops.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 05:35:14 PM »
If Trailsogbob is shooting for being the next TominTit he needs to up his game. A lot.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 10:13:19 PM »
In terms of square miles CA is probably mostly red-purple. It's just that deer, trout, dairy cows, jackrabbits, and Joshua trees can't vote.    :banghead:   

Bloody hell, SV!  Have you lost your freaking MINĐ??
:asssmack: :asssmack: :asssmack:
 Everything in CA can vote demòcrapic, everything!
 ...and they do.  R votes tend to get "lost" or "misplaced".
You had thunk wrongly most biggly.
Surrender your man card to Vìnny at the front door. :rant:
Ýou can have it back when you return.    :-)

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »

LOL, of course! I mean, the left practices deceit practically as a way of living, so why not this?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 07:34:53 AM »
raildogbob (1,877 posts)

A :bouncy: concocted from a previous year's Halloween costume. :rotf: