Author Topic: Help me oh mighty men!  (Read 4996 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Re: Help me oh mighty men!
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »
It cost me close to $500 last month to get my engine light off -- but that's because the whole frickin' computer went bad  :rant:

Had I taken it to a dealer to fix, it would have been about $1000 for the computer and re-programming. I went to a local guy I've gone to for years who was able to get the part from Philly and he had another local guy do the re-programming.

Then I had to drive it 100 miles before I could take it for inspection (it was due last month) for the computer to determine everything was running properly. 

But it passed inspection finally!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
They put in a whole new engine in April before I took it off the lot because they couldn't find a ticking noise that drove me nuts that they couldn't hear.  It's covered for 3 years if anything goes wrong with the engine.  Gawd at least let it be the engine if something goes wrong!  :overreaction:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »
Gina, I would also get the fuel filter changed.  A clogged filter will give you most of the symptoms you report.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »
Gina, I would also get the fuel filter changed.  A clogged filter will give you most of the symptoms you report.

Yup.  I almost threw that in as well.  I always liked a clear filter on the 'Cuda so I could see what was going on. I don't know if I could even find it on the G6 probably under a shroud somewhere.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 07:40:58 AM »
Ok, the Autozone thingy said

1) gas cap loose

or

2) cylinder 3 misfiring

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
Ok, the Autozone thingy said

1) gas cap loose

or

2) cylinder 3 misfiring

:-)

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
Check your gas cap.  It might be damaged or not sealing properly.  A single cylinder misfiring (which would cause the symptoms you describe) is usually electrical caused by (in order of frequency) loose plug wire, bad plug wire or bad plug.  If you or someone can identify the #3 cylinder make sure the wire isn't loose or damaged. At that point you will need a mechanic to pull/inspect the plug and test the wire.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »
The ancient Egyptians had the answer...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boXtqvcrpKM[/youtube]

Put the mighty men right in their places...
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.