Author Topic: Homeowner's insurance ~ HELP!  (Read 9290 times)

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Re: Homeowner's insurance ~ HELP!
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2011, 03:07:53 PM »
Paying insurance really sucks, because the chances of you needing it for a total catastrophic occurrence are quite slim...
...until it happens.

...but I bet all those people in Alabama or Joplin Mo never expected to lose everything in 20 seconds either.  :(
I heard on the news a couple of days ago that, because of the economy, a lot of folks in Georgia and Alabama stopped their auto/home insurance. Paychecks going to zero, gas and grocery prices going up, house values going down...the reasoning I suppose was, "I need bread more than insurance." Then the tornadoes hit....................

Insurance is an intangible. You don't see it, and you think all those premiums go into the company's pockets...until your house burns down, or your valuables are stolen, or you run a stopsign and broadside somebody.

Insurance is like a bullet proof vest. It's hot, heavy and awkward, and you may not need it. But when you do, well...........
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA