Author Topic: "The Judiciary branch is strong and WE. WILL. HOLD"  (Read 1016 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
"The Judiciary branch is strong and WE. WILL. HOLD"
« on: November 26, 2019, 10:29:37 PM »
Star Member EffieBlack (14,156 posts) Mon Nov 25, 2019, 06:39 PM
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212729131

So far, my friend's been right: The judiciary IS holding!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212113242

Star Member EffieBlack (14,156 posts)
Mon May 20, 2019, 06:29 PM

A few weeks ago, a dear old friend, a Republican-appointed federal judge, trying to console me during a moment of despair about the future of our country, said to me “The Judiciary branch is strong and will hold.” When I expressed skepticism, he leaned toward me, looked me dead in the eye, and said as firmly as he could without shouting: “We are strong and WE. WILL. HOLD.”

Today, thanks to Judge Mehta, I think he may be right ...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Roland99 (45,660 posts)

1. SCOTUS is different tho. Thanks to #MoscowMitch

OliverQ (2,397 posts)

3. It's hard to believe that considering how many corrupt, unqualified judges McConnell has approved.

Star Member budkin (4,041 posts)

6. It means nothing when SCOTUS is the final word

Its Trump's court now.

DonaldsRump (808 posts)

53. As awful as Kavanaugh is ...

Last edited Mon Nov 25, 2019, 10:41 PM - Edit history (1)

Remember that he was George W. Bush's lawyer. GWB hates Trump. Kavanaugh now no longers owes anything to the Dumbass-in-Chief.

During Watergate, Nixon also banked on his appointments to SCOTUS voting for him in US v. Nixon (aka the Tapes Case). None of them did.

I was talking to one of my children today about CJ Roberts. I told my child that I cannot imagine that he would allow the Supreme Court to side with Trump on outright stonewalling of Congress by the President. That would result in the immediate destruction of the three co-equal branches of government in the US.

Then again, what do I know!

amywalk (188 posts)

52. Kavanaugh and Anthony Kennedy have seriously compromised

themselves with their criminal behavior. Justice Kennedy gave up his seat so that his son wouldn’t be in trouble. He works for Deutsche Bank and gave the Trumps and Kushners a billion dollar loan that saved his ass. This was a criminal conspiracy between Trump, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kavanaugh, Kushner and whoever paid his debts off. I feel like this will eventually come out as most things like this do. It doesn’t mean they will be punished, but a girl can dream, right?

Star Member malaise (198,703 posts)

11. The institutions are holding

**** Don the Con and his enablers

Star Member ancianita (12,043 posts)

12. While I can't stand Roberts, I know that he knows he will have to stand with the appeals courts

if ANY appeal gets a certoriari by SCOTUS.

As he goes, so the others will, so that the ruling will be unanimous.

But I doubt any appeal case will get a certoriari, because the arguments are stupid, by appeals justices opinions, so far; and because SCOTUS justices (I hope) know that the rest of the well argued and written precedent rulings preclude their listening to any appeals brought forward at all, at this point.

Roberts will just go sit there in the Senate, say and do nothing, hide his pleasure over the Senate exoneration of Trump. And the Repub traitors will know how he feels.

It will be just the way he presided over the prepping of the team that argued Gore v Bush before SCOTUS in the 2000 presidential.

I hold John Roberts as activist as any justice in US history.

Bush and Roberts ****ed this country over.

And here we are in this sickening, toxic place with democracy in chains.

yaesu (2,421 posts)

17. Nope, they will break eventually, a Democracy will not stand under the weight of fascist capitalism

Star Member Laura PourMeADrink (30,029 posts)

49. Hope so much it is true. Throughout all this abomination I have thought...JHC are there no sane reps in House..in Senate, in the Military, in the DOJ, in the SD..I worked for the govt in DC...there are so many fine, honest, admirable, intelligent people. Too many to let the monster win.

:rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: "The Judiciary branch is strong and WE. WILL. HOLD"
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 10:53:46 PM »
a Democracy will not stand under the weight of fascist capitalism

Nor, as is obviously going on, under the weight of Democrat decadence and corruption.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 08:45:29 AM »
Star Member ancianita (12,043 posts)

But I doubt any appeal case will get a certoriari, because the arguments are stupid, by appeals justices opinions, so far; and because SCOTUS justices (I hope) know that the rest of the well argued and written precedent rulings preclude their listening to any appeals brought forward at all, at this point.
Is it just me or is anyone else have trouble reading the sentence posted above? I feel like I am suffering from some sort of aphasia when I try to read it.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 08:57:21 AM »
DUpipo have no sympathy for conservatives who will lose their bogeyclown circuit when Trump "flips" the Ninth?! :rotf: What callous jerks! :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 09:09:41 AM »
...a Democracy will not stand under the weight of fascist capitalism
This sentence will not stand under the weight of this oxymoron.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 09:42:42 AM »
OliverQ (2,397 posts)

3. It's hard to believe that considering how many corrupt, unqualified judges McConnell has approved.

Your boy changed the rules to confirmation by a simple majority, even though he was implicitly warned not to.  How's it taste?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 11:35:51 AM »
Just wait for RGB to leave us.  Man, the head explosions will be something to see.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
Just wait for RGB to leave us.  Man, the head explosions will be something to see.
At first glance the title of this post made me think that's what happened
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 03:37:46 PM »

All I want for Christmas is a room temperature RBG.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 05:07:19 PM »
All I want for Christmas is a room temperature RBG.
It's got to be close. Imagine her nurses dread at the cold clammy grip of having to hoist her up every morning
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)