Author Topic: Uncommitted receiving 40% should be a huge concern  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Lauri

Uncommitted receiving 40% should be a huge concern
« on: January 15, 2008, 10:53:32 PM »
origin1286  (287 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jan-15-08 11:44 PM
Original message
Uncommitted receiving 40% should be a huge concern

Edited on Tue Jan-15-08 11:46 PM by origin1286
Look, I don't want to turn this into a Hillary bashing thread, but this is not a good omen.

40% of the voters who came out had no reason to other than to vote against Hillary. Their candidate wasn't on the ballot. The election doesn't count.

But 304,000 votes for Clinton vs 218,000 for uncommitted.

Assuming Hillary gets the nomination, this has to be a concern. People are willing to go out and vote in relatively strong numbers simply to vote against Hillary.

Hillary is a divisive candidate. This shows just how divisive. People love her or hate her. There are very few who are neutral on her (at least it seems to be so).

This is a big come November. She'll have trouble wooing any independents. There are quite a few Democrats who would vote against her.

For you level-headed Hillary supporters: How can Hillary fix her divisive image if she does get the nomination? As it stands right now, she would not win vs a McCain.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4080914

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Uncommitted receiving 40% should be a huge concern
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 11:00:57 PM »
To be fair Obama and Edwards weren't on the ballot I imagine Obama probably would have won.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »
To be fair Obama and Edwards weren't on the ballot I imagine Obama probably would have won.

It would have been a toss up between Obama and Edwards to win Michigan.  Edwards' helping everyone out blah blah blah would have resonated well with people in Michigan, I'd think.

But considering neither were even on the ballot (and none of them campaigned in Michigan) that's not a good sign for Clinton if that many showed up just to vote against her.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 11:50:03 PM »

It would have been a toss up between Obama and Edwards to win Michigan.  Edwards' helping everyone out blah blah blah would have resonated well with people in Michigan, I'd think.

But considering neither were even on the ballot (and none of them campaigned in Michigan) that's not a good sign for Clinton if that many showed up just to vote against her.

I believe that even though dems aren't happy with Hillary that they will support her in the General if it comes to it. Potential SC nominations will probably be the main factor. Even if Hillary is a "corporate hack" she will nominate pro choice big Govt lib justices.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 07:34:51 AM »
Kucinich was on the ballot and was soundly beaten by 'Uncommitted'. You'd think that would tell the Kucinich supporters something.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:11:30 AM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »
Kucinich was on the ballet and was soundly beaten by 'Uncommitted'. You'd think that would tell the Kucinich supporters something.

They are as bad as Paul supporters

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 09:12:17 AM »
Kucinich was on the ballet and was soundly beaten by 'Uncommitted'. You'd think that would tell the Kucinich supporters something.

They are as bad as Paul supporters

There's just less of them.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.