Author Topic: lump of anti- Palin threads...  (Read 701 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
lump of anti- Palin threads...
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:28:54 PM »
Just cruise the presidential forum. Total Chaos...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=132

Whalestoe (125 posts)      Fri Aug-29-08 05:19 PM
Original message
Anyone else expect McCain to get a negative bump for naming this VP?
 Advertisements [?]Due to this pick, my conservative mom said, "I don't think he knows how to think before he does anything. I'm voting for Obama. He thinks, and his heart is in the right place."

Maybe America is about to wake the **** up.

Tesibria  (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-29-08 05:19 PM
Original message
! Important ! Palin is NOT "Pro-Gay"
 Advertisements [?]I keep hearing that Palin is not "anti-gay" -- and they point to the Wikipedia info: stating that her first act in office was to veto a bill that would have denied state benefits to gay partners.

That is true. She did veto the bill.

However, she did NOT veto the bill because she supports gay rights. She expressly stated, in fact, that she does NOT support gay rights or gay benefits.

She vetoed the bill because it was in direct conflict with the recent AK Supreme Court ruling that such a denial violated the State Constitution.

So - give her that. She actually respected the rule of law.

But we gotta STOP this misperception that that veto indicates that she's "pro-gay" -- or anything OTHER than "anti-gay." She did veto the clearly unconstitutional bill. However, she also pushed for a referendum that would result in a constitutional amendment to nullify that AK Supreme Court decision.

Pass the word.

Source:
http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections/governor06/s...
http://www.bilerico.com/2008/08/mccain_picks_alaska_gov...

BooScout  (1000+ posts)       Fri Aug-29-08 04:31 PM
Original message
STOP IT......
 Advertisements [?]Have you lost your collective minds???? My god.........how many more nasty, disgusting, hateful things am I going to see leveled against women here? Stick to the ****ing issues and stop with the collective sexist and misogynist remarks. DO YOU ****ING WANT TO DRIVE EVERY WOMAN AWAY FROM THE DEMOCRATS?

:rotf:

LSK  (1000+ posts)       Fri Aug-29-08 04:14 PM
Original message
Are you listening to Randi right now???
 Advertisements [?]She is saying Palin is Rush's Oil Chick. Rush has been promoting Palin for a long time on his show. She says McCain didnt choose her, the lobbyists running his campaign made the decision for him.

They picked her because shes clueless and a wedge issue girl. She doesn't know anything about foreign policy so the lobbyists/neocons will tell her what to say.

Randy calling anyone clueless is just...

XemaSab  (1000+ posts)       Fri Aug-29-08 02:50 PM
Original message
Anyone who thinks Palin is a "bimbo" check in here
 Advertisements [?]So I can put you on my "buddy" list.

Seriously, if you wouldn't tolerate someone making a sexist remark about Hillary, Elizabeth Edwards, Barbara Boxer, Chelsea, Michelle Obama, or any of our other STRONG WOMEN, why are horrible, sexist remarks okay just because we don't agree with her politics?

She's got a LOT of legitimate weaknesses, but she also rose to be the first ever woman governor of Alaska, which can't be easy. It's undoubtedly an old-boys network, and she fought her way to the top.

Let's leave the sexist attacks to McSame and the FReepers. We're better than that.

Boz (937 posts)      Fri Aug-29-08 04:22 PM
Original message
Hillary threw Democrats under the bus today.
 Advertisements [?]She made her statement on Palin and she said She was a good choice and and would add an important voice to the race.

She knew it as coming.

HMIHOP!!!!

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!