Author Topic: Don’t fall for it America. There is nothing liberal about John McCain, NOTHING.  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
kpete  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-08-08 12:05 PM
Original message
Political Farce-Don’t fall for it America. There is nothing liberal about John McCain, NOTHING. 
 Advertisements [?]February 7, 2008 at 23:04:21

The McCain Mutiny, A Political Farce

by Anthony Wade Page 1 of 1 page(s)

http://www.opednews.com

February 7, 2008

Do people like Rush and Coulter really expect us to believe that they might vote for Hillary Clinton over John McCain??? Of course not. The ACU specifies the issues which McCain deviates from their positions. They are the fringe issues such as environment, campaign finance reform, and immigration. They note that he is consistently conservative on spending and defense. In case you have forgotten, it is spending and defense which are the true cornerstones of conservatism. The true goals are to continue to hand back billions of dollars to the richest in this country while continuing the wars of aggression throughout the world. None can deny that on those two fronts, John McCain is your man.

Except that is not what they are selling us now. They have rolled out their big guns; the fake media such as Limbaugh and Coulter to set the façade and the corporate media has jumped all over the faux story. Don’t fall for it America. There is nothing liberal about John McCain, NOTHING. There is nothing mainstream about John McCain, NOTHING. They can discuss all the fake issues such as immigration that they want but in the end, this election will be about the economy and the war. John McCain is decidedly conservative on both fronts, as he always has been. Do not fall for the fake hype being pumped up by the fake media. There is nothing soft and fuzzy about John McCain. He has already stated that he could see us in Iraq for 100 more years and sang a song mocking the possibility of bombing Iran. His conservative voting rating stands at over 82, compared to a NINE for Hillary. The right wing nuts realize that they are losing their power and are trying to dictate the tenor and tone of the discussion. They also realize that in order for the GOP to win in November, they need to turn John McCain into a moderate, even though he is the furthest thing from it. That is what is unfolding right now. Their only hope is to have McCain be portrayed as a moderate and the democratic nominee to be portrayed as the liberal, or the extreme. It is nonsense however. Keep in mind who these people really are. John McCain is not a wolf in sheep’s clothing. He is just a wolf, no matter how much they try and dress him up.

more at:
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_anthony__080207...
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2834939

I don't consider immigration a fringe issue.  It is one of my main issues (top 3).  I think the DUmmies are just as afraid of McCain as we are.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
I wondered how long it would take for someone to put together "McCain Mutiny".
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
McAmnesty is the most liberal democrat to come along since the swimmer.

We are ****ed.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
If McCain's the nominee, of course I plan to support him.

But I don't consider McCain's stance on immigration a "fringe" issue; he's going to have to alter some things, a lot of things, before I'm entirely comfortable with him.

It's not a "fringe" issue.

Gay marriage or global warming are "fringe" issues.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.

But I don't consider McCain's stance on immigration a "fringe" issue; he's going to have to alter some things, a lot of things, before I'm entirely comfortable with him.

I have stated I won't vote for him but I don't think I can go through with it. The thought of Hillary or Obama in the White House makes me want to wretch.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

I have stated I won't vote for him but I don't think I can go through with it. The thought of Hillary or Obama in the White House makes me want to wretch.

That's where I'm at. The thought of Hillary or Obama being CinC turns my stomach. The don't deserve to be commander of the finest military on the planet. And the military CERTAINLY doesn't deserve that kind of shameful treatment.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I don't think he cares if you're comfortable with him, all he's after is that first part.

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.