Author Topic: DUmmy TwixVoy Spins A Tax Bouncy  (Read 667 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy TwixVoy Spins A Tax Bouncy
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:18:23 PM »
DUmmy TwixVoy manufactures a tale about an imaginary friend who is so dumb she goes to an unemployed Target clerk for tax advice:
TwixVoy  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-26-09 08:11 PM
Original message
A friend in CA just called me because she needed to know how to pay her 50% tax to Obama/Fed Gov
 A VERY liberal friend of mine that lives in California just called me.

She was breathing heavily and started off the conversation with "I don't know what to do hopefully Obama will be gone soon. I don't know what to do".

Then she told me "I called you because you know a lot about finances. I need to figure out how much I owe and when I need to send it"

I ask her what the hell she is talking about. She keeps asking me to help her figure out how much money she is going to owe in taxes and to help her think of ways she is going to be able to pay for it. She is literally in a panic.

So eventually I figure out that she is under the impression that she is going to owe in federal taxes 50% of whatever money she had this year.

She is FLAT BROKE. LITERALLY. She is going to make (if lucky) $20,000 this year. She lives in a studio apartment and has ZERO money for much else.

I had to spend a good 15-20 minutes NICELY explaining to her how absurd the idea is that she would owe 50% of her income in taxes when she can barely survive as it is. Apparently she listened to some dumb ass right winger who convinced her she was going to pay a 50% federal tax this year. Then she immediately turned against Obama and was making plans for how she was going to pay it.

If we are going to be this damn ignorant and easily fooled as a nation we deserve whatever we get.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6157185
Forgetting his audience, DUmmy Mayberry Machiavelli equates abject poverty with imbecility, then quickly scrambles back from the edge:
Mayberry Machiavelli  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-26-09 08:19 PM
Response to Original message
4. Your friend is an imbecile. If she's going to instantly believe some wingnut like that,
 and not even do any kind of checking into it herself before trying to scrape together money she doesn't have, no wonder she doesn't have two sticks to rub together (not that those things necessarily correlate).

valerief  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-26-09 08:48 PM
Response to Original message
7. America's education system at work. nt

izquierdista (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-26-09 08:57 PM
Response to Reply #7
8. The school of hard knocks worked better. 
To graduate high school before WWII was a big accomplishment; there were lots more who dropped out because they had to work and support the family. They were the ones who voted for FDR and Truman and Kennedy. Now they are dying out, and their children and grandchildren, with more schooling than they had, are less able to tell who is acting in their best interests. 

I think DUmmy izquierdista just confirmed DUmmy Mayberry Machiavelli's suspicion that the DUmp is loaded with imbeciles.
Sounds a lot like our new poster.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 08:26:22 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DUmmy TwixVoy Spins A Tax Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »
I dunno; this sounds like one of those manufactured issues.

The primitives are good at that, making up issues.

It appears the Twix candy bar primitive is making up an issue about "disinformation" concerning the tax proposals of Pa Kettle in the White House, "right-wingers" and "Republicans" being the culprits, of course.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 10:39:37 PM »
Whelp...let's see...

In a good week (during plant outage)...I am in the 33 percent bracket.  Thankfully, I am in NH, which means I do not pay state taxes.  However, I do have to contribute 8.65 percent to SSA/Medicare, regardless.

Even in the lowest earning of circumstances, i.e., no overtime, I surrender 1/3 of my check to my employer for health insurance (actually that accounts for less than 5 percent of my gross).   During outages, it rises to over 40 percent.

There have been times, having lived in Kal-ee-for-NYA, where I worked 7-12's and come home with about 40-45 percent of what I actually EARNED.  So in reality, suck it, DUmmie.  Consider yourself fortunate.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »
This is total BS! There cannot be be someone stupid enough to believe, if they only make 20 grand, they expect to  pay 10 grand in taxes.

There's just no way, even a DUmbass is not that frikkin' stupid!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 02:33:29 AM »
This is total BS! There cannot be be someone stupid enough to believe, if they only make 20 grand, they expect to  pay 10 grand in taxes.

There's just no way, even a DUmbass is not that frikkin' stupid!

You misunderestimate their level of stupidity at DU then. :evillaugh:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »
If you include property taxes, I'm at 44%.  Welcome to New York.  It sucks. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 09:22:44 AM »
If you include property taxes, I'm at 44%.  Welcome to New York.  It sucks. 
You have to pay a price for being a winner in life's lottery.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 11:05:51 AM »
Yep--actually figured it out this morning (roughly).

Last year, my breakdown went as follows:

As a percentage of gross income I paid about:

21% federal taxes
8.65% SSA/Medicare
5% property tax
1% sales tax (NH meals and out-of-state purchases)
1% vehicle registration and gas taxes

A total of nearly 37 percent going to "da gubmint", and I am by no means rich.

If I still lived in CA, the federal, SSA, and property taxes would be about the same, but add on 9.3 percent income tax, another 4-5% in unemployment and disability insurance (not an option), and 9 percent sales tax.

That brings one up to over 55-60 percent.  And the idiots in Washington wonder why we're mad.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »
What really illustrates their stupidity is that they actually believe this stupid story.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
<---- Miskie lives in Massachusetts, where we have taxes levied on top of other taxes in certain circumstances.