Author Topic: Omaha mongrel primitive asks about expiration of impeachment  (Read 1609 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Omaha mongrel primitive asks about expiration of impeachment
« on: February 04, 2008, 04:51:04 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2807894

Oh my.

This Omaha mongrel primitive is a new primitive to me, and obviously hasn't been on Skins's island long enough to realize one doesn't ask the primitives Constitutional or legal questions; it's like asking the village idiot about derivatives on the futures market.

Anyway.

OmahaBlueDog (128 posts)      Sat Feb-02-08 11:39 AM
Original message

Question: Is there an expiration date on impeachment?

With the General Election and the Innaguration now less than a year away, logic dictates that, at some point, the idea of investing the time to impeach will fail the cost benefit test. While I know what someone like David Swanson will say, I'm curious what others think.

Is it already too late to do any good?

Is it not worth it unless it could be done by, for example, the end of summer?

Is it a symbolic measure that should be pursued up to the last moment in office?

HereSince1628  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-02-08 11:58 AM
Response to Original message

1. They can be tried in the judicial system even after they leave office and a pre-emptive pardon will do them no good at all in the International Criminal Court.

Me thinks they'll need to be accompanied by Blackwater everywhere they travel after the Cheeney Admin completes its formal residency.

Fridays Child  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-02-08 12:09 PM

2. After Clinton left office, some repuke member of Congress (I can't remember who it was) said that...

...he could be stripped of his presidential title and benefits, such as pension and SS protection. So, maybe (p)Resident Bloodsoaked McHavemore can still be impeached, after he leaves office.

Bucky  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-02-08 12:40 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. It was a flaky idea when the wingnuts had it and it's a flaky idea still. 

Impeachment and removal is for getting rid of tyrants. Congress has chosen not to. You can't score touchdowns after the game is over.

Fridays Child  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-02-08 12:50 PM
Response to Reply #4

5. Note that I was not referring to impeachment but to a form of punishment...

...which could, in theory, be meted out, after Bush leaves office. I agree, though, that it will never happen,

The fascists in charge and their enablers won't allow it.

Wizard777 (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-02-08 12:37 PM

3. Hopefully they will nail Bush's ass to the wall the second he sets foot out of office.

It's much easier to prosecute an ex president than a sitting president. If not. Then the government is so corrupt they all must be removed from office Immediately if not sooner. Preferably with police or an angry torch bearing mob dragging them from office by the short hairs. They should throw in some tasering and waterboarding too.

L. Coyote  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-02-08 01:03 PM

6. Impeachment expires with the Constitution. D'oh, so that's the problem....

.. Are we already in an extra-Constitutional state? ???

The above's the whole bonfire on Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Omaha mongrel primitive asks about expiration of impeachment
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:05:09 AM »
Original message

Check the bottom of the can, DUmmie.

:loser:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 05:19:30 AM »
Original message

Yeah, there appears to be a slight "uptick" of new primitives from Nebraska on Skins's island.

The Democrat caucuses take place this next Saturday, and the Democrats, liberals, and primitives are all agog and excited about it; some of them rabidly salivating that it might be Nebraska Democrats who put Messalina Agrippina or Barack Hussein Obama over the top.

It's a new idea in Nebraska, this stupid caucus thing, and one wonders how long it's going to last.

It'll last only until someone doesn't get his way, then the Democrats will go back to the commonsensical primary system.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 07:38:11 AM »
Original message

Yeah, there appears to be a slight "uptick" of new primitives from Nebraska on Skins's island.

The Democrat caucuses take place this next Saturday, and the Democrats, liberals, and primitives are all agog and excited about it; some of them rabidly salivating that it might be Nebraska Democrats who put Messalina Agrippina or Barack Hussein Obama over the top.

It's a new idea in Nebraska, this stupid caucus thing, and one wonders how long it's going to last.

It'll last only until someone doesn't get his way, then the Democrats will go back to the commonsensical primary system.

Frank, you are an optimist, aren't you?

Since when have the DHimmicrats started doing "commonsensical"?? :koolaid:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980