Author Topic: "Star Trek" theme composer Alexander Courage dies  (Read 1192 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
"Star Trek" theme composer Alexander Courage dies
« on: May 30, 2008, 02:01:29 PM »

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alexander "Sandy" Courage, an Emmy-winning and Academy Award-nominated arranger, orchestrator and composer who created the otherworldly theme for the classic "Star Trek" TV show, has died. He was 88.

Courage died May 15 at the Sunrise assisted-living facility in Pacific Palisades, his stepdaughter Renata Pompelli of Los Angeles, said Thursday. He had been in poor health for three years.

Over a decades-long career, Courage collaborated on dozens of movies and orchestrated some of the greatest musicals of the 1950s and 1960s, including "My Fair Lady," "Hello, Dolly!" "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," "Gigi," "Porgy and Bess" and "Fiddler on the Roof."

But his most famous work is undoubtedly the "Star Trek" theme, which he composed, arranged and conducted in a week in 1965.

link

Another Star Trek related  death.  RIP.

Offline Airwolf

Re: "Star Trek" theme composer Alexander Courage dies
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjL8WXjlGI[/youtube]

The original

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5YCACHWO4Y[/youtube]

Remastered Version
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: "Star Trek" theme composer Alexander Courage dies
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:08:46 PM »
RIP Mr. Courage

Psst... watch every Star Trek episode for free over here.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.