Author Topic: 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' Star Jane Russell Dies  (Read 1344 times)

Offline cavegal

'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' Star Jane Russell Dies
« on: February 28, 2011, 06:35:42 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gentlemen-prefer-blondes-star-jane-162533

Jane Russell, whose voluptuous good looks won the attention of Howard Hughes and launched her on a movie career, has died. She was 89.

Generally cast in fluff films like 1943’s The Outlaw that showed off her well-endowed beauty, Russell reached the pinnacle of her career with Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), starring in the comedy with Marilyn Monroe.

During the 1970s, Russell was widely recognized as the spokesperson for Playtex bras, appearing in national TV commercials for the “Cross Your Heart” bra campaign.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:38:30 PM by cavegal »

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline namvet

Re: 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' Star Jane Russell Dies
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »
I think she was a 1940's pin up gal. she'll be missed. RIP Lady

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline Eric Olsen

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' Star Jane Russell Dies
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:28:53 PM »
HELLO! I say farewell to Jane Russel, an intelligent and conservative lady. I was working a Santa Barbara County precinct in 1994 when Jane Russell walked into the precinct room with her last husband in tow.  Someone gave her a ballot, a State and Local ballot, but she could not read it because she had left her reading glasses at home. I offered her to use mine, which she did, and a few ninutes later she  returned them to me. We chatted a minute or so, and she asked me if I was a a Republican. I answered yes, a Reagan Conservative. She learned in a minute that I had set a voter record in California (1966) for voter turnout in a single precinct, 86%, with 87% of voters voting for Ronnie Reagan, in a precict that Democrats outregistered Republicans 3 to 2.  We shall win it all again, and I expect my record to fall. I know Jane Russell was pleased to know a Conservative was working that little precinct in a Church meeting room in Summerland, California.